PDA

View Full Version : F1 challenge

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 12:17 PM
is F1 challenge worth installing with a keyboard and no wheel?

is there an option to watch a race and not compete?

nows multipyplayer?

XyKo
07-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah it's worth the try without a wheel. I have play with it with the keyboard for 1 week and got use to all the auto assist and braking. Without those, you be Fuck on the keyboard. But it's fun playing like that, for championship mode. ANd yes you can watch a race.

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 02:19 PM
really watch a live race or a replay?

Jabba
07-02-2003, 02:24 PM
OK I have two uploads to get up tonight then I have got some free time to have a look at hosting our first champonship...that is if I can still download it from KH....I may even put a small cash prize up for the winner that I can pal-pal over to them....if it works out ok...future prizes could be funded by way of a small entrance fee...(just an idea)

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 02:28 PM
LFS is easy for a quick test jabba for skills and internet speed just 40mg ;)

XyKo
07-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Woohoo, a competition. Well I'll donate stuff if you want. Maybe bootleg movies or something. hehehe

Jabba
07-02-2003, 02:34 PM
maybe the winner gets to borrow my F355 or Diablo for the weekend ?

Jabba
07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
I will download LFS Ziploc...as the download from Krazy is gonna take over 24 hours...(currently 5-10 k/sec) but this isnt going to help me test the F1 hosting idea for now...

XyKo
07-02-2003, 03:03 PM
lol I wish you were in the US. Because I'll do whatever it takes to win the competition just to be able and drive the ferrari around one block. That would be enough for now. Only if my freaking bro sell his Benz S500 with $12k spinning rims, then we'll have our very own ferrari. I say he'd wasted $95k for that damn 03 S500.

Jabba
07-02-2003, 04:43 PM

it sure does run sweet on my PC...but too many options for me to explore...I am sure its damn sweet in the hands of an expert !! really nice anyway 8)

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 05:56 PM
LOL dam Jabba your too much friend :) Your gunna make all these kids crazier than I am with that offer!!!! LOlolo :P

LOL if you think that Live For Speed game has alot of options, it'll take you a day just to read half of the shit in F1 :P it EASILY has the most complex car setup and controller setup menu's Ive ever seen, honestly.

The controler alone must have 200 differnt adjustments and the ability to make 4 differnt profiles to compensate for differnt car setups/weather conditions! :P

Best part is they all are very exacting in duplicating a real world condition... I know a good bit on car setup and they have done a bang up job on getting it right.....

Your getting this from a person who regards EA with the same contempt I have for AOL well there are the same companys LMAO I hate EA... so it says a helluva lot coming out of my mouth...

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 06:08 PM

it sure does run sweet on my PC...but too many options for me to explore...I am sure its damn sweet in the hands of an expert !! really nice anyway 8)

put tyre pressure to minimum and full occupant capacity and prepare to be amazed at was the tyres do :roll:

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 06:11 PM

put tyre pressure to minimum and full occupant capacity and prepare to be amazed at was the tyres do :roll:

hmmm I guess it aint a reality game then LooooL :lol:

Jabba
07-02-2003, 06:12 PM
LOL if you think that Live For Speed game has alot of options, it'll take you a day just to read half of the shit in F1 :P it EASILY has the most complex car setup and controller setup menu's Ive ever seen, honestly.

Thats what puts me off most games today...far too complicated for me to understand...more like work than fun...I just dont have the patience anymore I guess...far to old now to begin learning...(as a wise jedi master once said) I would however love to watch the race in progress....and I was quite excited when someone said this could be done....

in the mean time I am still trying to get to grips with night driver on the atari 2600...remember this krazy ???

http://www.atariage.com/2600/boxes/b_NightDriver_Color_front.jpg

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/night1.jpg

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 06:17 PM
ROFL :P :P :P :P Yep, although I did more rashin than anything (Road Rash)

Jabba
07-02-2003, 06:20 PM
and in case anyone is wondering...this was a "state of the art" console...not one of the "pong only" type !!

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 06:23 PM
jabba if your having trouble with setups watch a few races and more often than not the winner will gladly send you his setup :)

Jabba
07-02-2003, 06:25 PM
yeh I can see I will have to invest in a proper wheel and everything...maybe I will ask Michael Shumacher to come over and give me some lessons..

Ziploc
07-02-2003, 06:26 PM
i do really well with the mouse

should meet in a server sometime

EDIT not now because im off to a cruise night

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 06:31 PM
and in case anyone is wondering...this was a "state of the art" console...not one of the "pong only" type !!

Pong Only.... hey Mister your speaking to a Commodore 64 vet and a TRS Texas Instruments Hacker LoooL Dam my State of the Art cassette drive..... now that was some badass equipment !!!! :P :P

LOOL fuckin had to sit and wait 5 minutes while it rewound to get the dam little bouncy ball back on screen !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

even worse I spent 3 weeks typing goobdley gook to make that fekkin ball wobble across the dam screen!!!! :P :P

Jabba
07-02-2003, 06:33 PM
yeh I was doing ok with my trackball (the type you work with your thumb)...but I just cant be arsed to learn the tracks etc...the last racing game I completed was one of the ridge racer series...and that became such an obession I didnt almost eat or sleep until it was finished...I hate to think how long it takes to get one of these games wrapped up now...or I guess they can more or less go on forever these days...with that many options....

Jabba
07-02-2003, 06:41 PM
hey Mister your speaking to a Commodore 64 vet and a TRS Texas Instruments Hacker LoooL Dam my State of the Art cassette drive..... now that was some badass equipment !!!! :P :P

ahh I had a VIC-20 before my 64...now that was bad ass...with its mighty 3.5k of ram....damn the amount of time I spent typing crap in...all to be able to shoot down a couple of pie symbols (I cant find the character on this keyboard) and then it would crash...and I hadnt recorded it to tape...as I didnt think it was worth waiting another hour for that operation....still had a couple of good cartidges for it...Super Slot, Jupiter Lander and Jelly Monsters come to mind....

hey Krazy wasnt that the Texas TI/994A and the TRS was the TRS-80 made by sharp or someone ?? you would know better than me...as I wasnt lucky enough to own one of those models...

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 06:51 PM
The TR was a Radio Shack special made by I believe Ti hence the T name.... I'll have to look as its been so dam long I cant recalol for certain. Hopefully I can find a cool shortcut I have somewhere I think its over on My old home Tweakers Asylum..... I should drop by and say Hi to Spacy and grab a handful of "pinkies" LooL thats a looney buncha peeps there, I blend in perfectly :P I have a link to a old computer museaum site has every old comp commercialy made in working order!!!

XyKo
07-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Alright just download LFS, anyone willing to share me their setup? My car is freaking slow and I need to beat these bastard online because they keep kicking me out of the game for driving too slow. A turbo engine would be great.

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Alright just download LFS, anyone willing to share me their setup? My car is freaking slow and I need to beat these bastard online because they keep kicking me out of the game for driving too slow. A turbo engine would be great.

zippo said you need to flat all the tires and put full occupants in it LooL :P

666fast
07-02-2003, 08:23 PM

I used to play that game. Just do offline races to gain credits and unlock the better cars. I got bored of the game, only two tracks and three cars. It would have been better if I wasn't using a mouse, I need to pick up a wheel sometime.

XyKo
07-02-2003, 08:51 PM
anyway to get the credit fast and easy?

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 08:58 PM
666, Comp USA has a execelent wheel on sale usually for 25 bucks called nascar 2 made by Thrustmaster, for the price you cant beat it ... it ranks right up at the top of the list. They also make a Force Feedback model that is remarkable.. it will tire you out its so strong if you turn it up half way. Thrustmaster also makes the best clamping system second only to a big fekkin C clamp from the shed LOL The clamp is one of the most critical things about a wheel. Dont even consider a Microslop one they suck shitty clamp.

Nemisis8u
07-03-2003, 04:00 PM
I finally figured out how to resume, it does not do it automatically for some reason. Why cant I connect, im done 570 megs so a bit more to go. Thanx again.

Ziploc
07-03-2003, 05:00 PM
anyway to get the credit fast and easy?

nope because then you would have the hard to drive fast car and hit everyone else ;) they do everything possible to get rid of wreckers

666fast
07-03-2003, 05:13 PM
666, Comp USA has a execelent wheel on sale usually for 25 bucks called nascar 2 made by Thrustmaster, for the price you cant beat it ... it ranks right up at the top of the list. They also make a Force Feedback model that is remarkable.. it will tire you out its so strong if you turn it up half way. Thrustmaster also makes the best clamping system second only to a big fekkin C clamp from the shed LOL The clamp is one of the most critical things about a wheel. Dont even consider a Microslop one they suck shitty clamp.

thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out. The only one I've ever used was the Momo by Logitech. It was great but it's kind of expensive at a little over $100. But the best thing is that I could also use it for my PS2.

The only reason I don't have a wheel is that most of them have a dead spot and it messes the control up. If the one you mentioned works good, I might pick it up.

I want a Ferrari, you can hack the game to get the credits for the fastest cars. I don't know whow, but I know that it can be done. Check here and you will find out how.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=205

It really isn't that hard, just get decent at driving the GTI and set the difficulty to the hardest levels. A few races and you will unlock the cars.
I always used the GTI, it was my favorite car in the game.

crazidude
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/night1.jpg

that looks simple enough...
i wanna try it now

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 07:53 PM
LOL that looks like the grafix from LFS when I tried it :P

crazidude
07-03-2003, 07:55 PM
lol whats LFS?

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Some cheap free game live for speed. It messed my comp up last time i tried it its pretty lame only 3 tracks and a coupla cars and such heavy or shit code the thing runs at 5 fps...

crazidude
07-03-2003, 08:06 PM
lol woot 5fps!!

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 08:09 PM
it was even more impressing when I removed the crap game...... it took some of windowz components out and when I restarted the comp it wouldnt boot !!!! had to re-install windows :cry:

crazidude
07-03-2003, 08:26 PM
lmao
sounds like one hell of a game

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 08:50 PM
LOL for a better idea how much of a POS this game really is check here on the "official" forums lol there a bunch of fuggin idiots attempting to make a game and others like zippo think its great, well from the sound of most of the foeum it aint too fekkin great... some of these guys have very fast comps and are getting frame rates as high as 5 - 20 fps with 3g p4's and ati 9700 vid cards...... that should be doing 200fps plus!!! Good game rite LMAO

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?s=cd908962fe4913548fdbfddf8e70fcd5&threadid=86056

crazidude
07-03-2003, 08:58 PM
wtf 20fps...
what resolution is that
those comps should be getting like 200+ fps on a simple game like quake 3

crazidude
07-03-2003, 09:02 PM
aw.. i gotta register to see ppl's screen shots..
anyone got a screen shot from that game?

Ziploc
07-03-2003, 10:31 PM
LOL for a better idea how much of a POS this game really is check here on the "official" forums lol there a bunch of fuggin idiots attempting to make a game and others like zippo think its great, well from the sound of most of the foeum it aint too fekkin great... some of these guys have very fast comps and are getting frame rates as high as 5 - 20 fps with 3g p4's and ati 9700 vid cards...... that should be doing 200fps plus!!! Good game rite LMAO

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?s=cd908962fe4913548fdbfddf8e70fcd5&threadid=86056

so performance is that important?

you can't even see how great it really is...the performance needs optimizing (its a freakin 3 person job!) but what the game is about is simulation, REAL CAR simulation and nothing comes closer.

Jabba
07-04-2003, 04:34 AM

I must say I didnt have any problems with it at all...and it looks and plays pretty good for me...but then I admit I am no expert on PC games...I think you should try it and see for yourself !!!

Ziploc
07-04-2003, 10:00 AM

http://www.boomerangrapido.com/?obj=gallery

Ziploc
07-04-2003, 10:08 AM

yes but then this

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90830

crazidude
07-04-2003, 04:07 PM

http://www.boomerangrapido.com/?obj=gallery

hrm graphics aren't that bad.. but why do people run it with suck low fps

fedezyl
07-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Hi, does anyone know if I can play F1 challenge with F1 2002, is it the same thing?? kinda confused here...I have F1 2002 but well..i'm not the smartest when it comes to computers...

thanks