PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of the "reinvented" Top Gear

vexor
05-05-2006, 06:14 PM
As we all know the new series of Top gear has been redesigned from top to bottom. Some say it's good some say it's bad, so voice your opinions in this topic.

From what we know (2 days before it airs) is that there will be a 4th presenter, a redesigned studio, bigger budget for the presenters clothes (obviously :wink: ), a new Reasonaly priced car.

IMO, the new series could work even with the 4th presenter as long as it'll still be funny and of corse test the most exotic cars in the world.

coloradosilver
05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm all for everything that they've done to the show. However, I am a bit skeptical of the new presenter. I believe the original three were jusr great. Adding someone new could take awayfrom the show in the sense that we may get the feeling that the new guy tries too hard to be like the other three and comes off as being desparate to fit in. Who knows....we'll have to wait and see.

But like I said...The original three amigos will always be the best in my mind.

saadie
05-05-2006, 06:21 PM
sabine schmidt ? ... nooooo .... she was ok for a couple of episodes .... just for a couple of episodes :| ....

the redesigned studio would be great imo .... it will be a good change ... bigger budget isnt always better . .cuz they'll soend more on less important things .... :)

coloradosilver
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Well they do give us a clue as to who the noobie might be:

"think Blue Peter... "

saadie
05-05-2006, 06:25 PM
never heard of that guy ..... im guessing it would be a girl .... you know .. like viki showing off boobs and making ppl say that tg is better then 5thg lol :roll:
i donno ... lets just hope for the best

DeMoN
05-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Watever or whoever the 4th person is, I hope that doesnt mean next season one of the original 3 will leave !!!!

coloradosilver
05-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Watever or whoever the 4th person is, I hope that doesnt mean next season one of the original 3 will leave !!!!

I really doubt that will happen.

DeMoN
05-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I hope it never does, but Clarkson is filthy rich already (am I correct?), and he isnt that young anyways. Boy when he leaves, its gonna be a low blow for TGear.

ferrarif1fan89
05-06-2006, 01:07 AM
i think the noob is Peter Duncan. i did a Googled "Blue Peter", and he came up a few times. he works for the bbc, and he is an actor. look him up, im willing to bet money that he is the new announcer.

oh, and btw:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1505/4bp013od.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1539/may5top0jk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

that pretty much confirms it. (peter duncan is the one on the left.)

coloradosilver
05-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Living in the US, I know nothing about this man. I hope he can drive. Maybe with his help, James and Hamster might finally beat Jeremy on one of the challenges.

Caplax40
05-06-2006, 01:46 AM
I hope to God the 4th presenter isn't Sabine. Two episodes was more than enough.

bmwmpower
05-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Danica patrick maybe, that girl racing driver

ARMAN
05-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I hope its a change to the better http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1179/fingers1ai.gif (http://www.imageshack.us) I hope noone's gonna quit, May could cause he looked pretty pissed off few times last season :?

Fleischmann
05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Tom Ford maybe ?? The've done all the filming for 5th Gear so there is a small chance it could be him, after all he is a reporter for the Top Gear magazine. However it is, I'm not sure he is needed. What I like about the "new-generation" TG is tht each presenter had a specific personality which we all got used to. As for the new studio etc. I'm sceptical...if something is good why bother change it ??

BTW...the all new reasonably priced car is the Chevrolet Lacetti:

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/1821/nubira0512vw.jpg

here is a 3D view of the beast ;) http://www.chevrolet.pl/models/lacetti_4d/t0_360_exter_0.htm

McLaren4eVa
05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^You're right, If it aint broke don't fix it the saying goes. Well as for me I don't care who this new guy is so long as Top Gear keeps Jeremy and is comical with ofcourse the best cars.

Toronto
05-06-2006, 01:37 PM
remember that fat guy that was in like 4 shows?
maybe he is back.

or maybe that guy from that petrolheads show?

McLaren4eVa
05-06-2006, 01:47 PM
^^^That jason guy i think nah it'll spoil the show if the fat guy comes back.

davide
05-07-2006, 06:46 AM
wow, new news for me, I didn't know this!

Hum, I've noo idea who's gonna be the new presenter... hopefully it isn't Sabine, she's not suitable for TG imo.

But maybe a girl? There are already 3 guys, so why not a girl?

Evo
05-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Maybe it will be The Stig.. :mrgreen:

gucom
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
hahaha the new presenter was awesome 8) Top Gear Dog :D i love it!! :mrgreen:

Daggernite
05-07-2006, 05:01 PM
So the reinvented topgear basically means, they have a new reasonably priced car, a dog, and a few posters stuck around. Right.. Thank god its back tho this episode was great. The stig did great in the CCX. :lol:

Jabba
05-07-2006, 05:09 PM
I DONT LIKE IT ! BRING BACK FATTY !!!

saadie
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
fatty ? :|

Fleischmann
05-07-2006, 05:15 PM
So whatever could, quote, "And there was. An idea of such brilliance all other programmes will be copying it by the time the year's out." be ??

FoxFour
05-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Whoever this person is, I'm sure that this person has to pass the scrutiny of Jeremy and that this person has to click with the other two. I wonder if they will be introducing a female presenter?

Jabba
05-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Whoever this person is, I'm sure that this person has to pass the scrutiny of Jeremy and that this person has to click with the other two. I wonder if they will be introducing a female presenter?

Its a damn dog sadly, and wtf has that got to do with the show ? dumb idea !

Daggernite
05-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I DONT LIKE IT ! BRING BACK FATTY !!!

LOL do you mean that fat bloke who was a presenter before james may? :lol: i thought he was terrible, I think they should just buy tiff from 5th gear :D

Jabba
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Well fatty was better than that dog. I heard he got fired for eating all the pies in the canteen.

vexor
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Its a damn dog sadly, and wtf has that got to do with the show ? dumb idea !

To bring some depth and personality to the show ?!!?!?

Daggernite
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Its such a crappy dog too, looks ugly. Really a waste of time on a serious note. But I cant see how it will stop the quality of the show so Im not bothered. Looks like we all got to get use to the furry little guy, you never know it might get ran over if it gets out on that test track. bit dangerous if you ask me :wink:

MidEngine4Life
05-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Yea the dog is a bit wierd, but I dont mind, didnt stop the episode from being one of the best ever. So she can stay as long as she likes ;)

FoxFour
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
The show was a great one. After a few minutes I just ignored the dog being there. Must be an older dog because he likes to sleep a lot. Wonder if Jeremy is going to 'stage' the dogs death, like being run over by a car , just so he could piss off the animal rights groups that are prevalent in England. Of course the death would be fake. He likes ticking off any wacko cause like the enviromentalists and negative stuff like that appeals to loyal Top Gearheads.

Toronto
05-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Well fatty was better than that dog. I heard he got fired for eating all the pies in the canteen.

well they really just do the same job, be quiet while the other guys talk.

DeMoN
05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
lol @ fatty.

Pokiou
05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
i reckon they should strap the dog down in the cars with the stig and make them both go around the track ?? maybe thats why they got the dog so they can kinda have them in the cars to see how PRACTICAL the car really is for an average person who has a dog ?? i dont know just a speculation..

but other then that im glad the show is back my withdrawel syndrome has withdrawn lol :P

Pok

jorge
05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I was afraid that the show could really, really change, but IMO it´s basically the same and i´m glad. The episode was excellent and the CCX incredible!! :o
btw i love the dog