PDA

View Full Version : last CarreraGT delivered 6th of May, 1270 built

stmoritzer
04-23-2006, 01:04 PM
came across this link (thanks yg60m :wink:)
http://www.vox.de/28379_29249.php?mainid=20060423&area=reportage4
were they announce the last CGT is produced very soon :? . On 6th of May, the 1270th car will be finished after a 3 year production phase!

I once heard a target number of 1500, but 1270 is not bad either IMO

CGT, already one of my alltime favourites!

Shinigami
04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
I think this car is selling quite well... So should they not just go ahead and build more?

Not a very "exclusive" supercar at so many having been built, but still kinda out of reach for the average folk. hmmm

r2r
04-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I would have definitely wanted to see more of this beautiful exotic be build. But I guess the production run has to stop somewhere. Now the price will start going up, so if you want, better get it soon. :)

stmoritzer
04-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I think this car is selling quite well... So should they not just go ahead and build more?

Not a very "exclusive" supercar at so many having been built, but still kinda out of reach for the average folk. hmmm

... and believe it or not, I never saw one on the streets yet :oops: :bah:, were are the swiss CGT owners !!!!

666fast
04-23-2006, 01:51 PM

It's only 172 more cars than the number of F40's Ferrari built I believe.

Shinigami
04-23-2006, 02:21 PM
It's still quite exclusive of course :lol:

Not a car you see everyday.

I've seen a CGT, I think three times. Once I was lucky enough to be in a tunnel with one, and he pushed it HAAAAAARD :D

EnzoLover
04-23-2006, 02:43 PM
:(

martin100
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Todays AMS-TV had a sort of "Goodbye, Carrera GT" feature, which was very nice! Truly a great supercar!

sentra_dude
04-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Actually, Ferrari built at least 1310 F40s, so the CGT will be rarer than the F40...

nthfinity
04-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Actually, Ferrari built at least 1310 F40s, so the CGT will be rarer than the F40...

doees that number refelect the F40 + F40 GT's, and F40 LM's etc. ??

666fast
04-23-2006, 04:39 PM

My mistake, i thought only 1100 F40s were built.

doees that number refelect the F40 + F40 GT's, and F40 LM's etc. ??

Probably not.

yg60m
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Even if some are unsold, 1270 cars at 460.000 € each is not bad :wink:

bmagni
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM

it actually didn't sell that good, some months ago Porshce anounced they wouldn't produce all 1500 cause of low sales...
If this is happening to the CGT I can't immagine whats up with the SLR

Max Power
04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
...in fact Porsche ARE the most profitable car company on the planet right now....so they can afford some unsold CGTs.

Porsche was struggling with profits afaik and that's y they released the Cayenne to boost revenue....

Shinigami
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
That I didn't know... I thought it was selling quite well.

I think the problem with the SLR, is that the other MB's can now be had with the 6 liter biturbo, which in theory has more potential then the older 5.5 liter supercharged engine...

MB should release a more powerful version of the SLR, especially as there's some rumors of a "69" engine coming out (the trademark name was bought by MB at the same time as the 63 for some of their cars like the SLK). If the 69 is a turbo/supercharged 6.2 liter engine (or larger), then it'll most likely have 700hp or more, and make the SLR quite obsolete (when an SL or CL comes out with a 69 engine).

Just speculation of course *shrug*

Max Power
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/01/04/204904.html

PCNA sold 33,859 cars in North America...Of the 33,859 cars sold in 2005, 14,524 were Porsche Cayenne's

Cayenne makes up for almost half of its sales...in NA

pzgren
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
uiuiui, so i have to hurry with my order! otherwise i'll have to buy a used one...

... and believe it or not, I never saw one on the streets yet :oops: :bah:, were are the swiss CGT owners !!!!

they hide them very well. yesterday i saw one at the auto-x in frauenfeld, it was from AG (i'll post those pics later). and i know one in the city where i live. but 2 month ago the driver lost his driving license while pushing the cgt hard on public roads... he still needs a driver for another 4 month :wink:

in my opinion a car that was build over 1000 times is not really a rarity. but in this case for me the price and its phenomenal technic makes it a rarity and real supercar!

Max Power
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
^^^
Porsche is small compared to BMW, Merc and VW...revenues, sales etc...
...its doesn't mean that they're not profitable but for them to have remained independant and fund future sports cars and go back to racing (LeMans) they needed the Cayenne...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2902/clipboard027gj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

BMW, MB run their own F1 teams, and if I searched for their annual revenues they will def surpass porsche's

stmoritzer
04-25-2006, 03:52 AM
as many have said, yes the CAyenne is a cash-cow for Porsche!
and the company is in good financial conditions :good:

uiuiui, so i have to hurry with my order! otherwise i'll have to buy a used one...

they hide them very well. yesterday i saw one at the auto-x in frauenfeld, it was from AG (i'll post those pics later). and i know one in the city where i live. but 2 month ago the driver lost his driving license while pushing the cgt hard on public roads... he still needs a driver for another 4 month :wink:

in my opinion a car that was build over 1000 times is not really a rarity. but in this case for me the price and its phenomenal technic makes it a rarity and real supercar!

^last year I got the Price List of the CGT, it's still one of my fav goodies :D
It's a 2 A4 page brochure with a nice picture in the front, very few description in the inside and simply one price of 65x'xxx CHF, ( no stupid lists of the cost of extras, there are a few option, but all the same price). I'll post a pic tmr
I agree, with this price the car will be a rarity like the F40 for all time.

This CGT owner, does he need a driver :mrgreen: ?

pzgren
04-25-2006, 03:55 AM
This CGT owner, does he need a driver :mrgreen: ?

sadly not. he hired a guy to drive him around for the next few month in his new s8.....