PDA

View Full Version : My new and bigger car!

antonioledesma
04-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Lol... not that big neither an excellent or sporty car.

it's a ford fiesta hatchback, 5 doors. the equipment only includes a/c and cd player
it has a tiny 1.6 l engine with somewhat 97 hp.
naturally it's better than my gm chevy/opel corsa that I had.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7272/img011612lw.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img011612lw.jpg)

the photo of a dirty car in a dusty and beautiful place after visiting an oil refinery.

and of course the custom shot

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4935/img01187qf.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01187qf.jpg)

now to wait a bigger paycheck and that my brother can pay this car, so I can save for a golf (gti of course) or a focus

hope you don't flame me because isn't a very nice car :P

gucom
04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
hey its nice, i like the fiesta. i read in car mags the standard version is pretty fun to drive :)

No.1
04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice compared to what i have to drive (an ageing Corsa, too)

The Fiesta is slightly too overweight for my liking, but at least you got the 1.6 instead of the 1.25 or whatever crap. 8)

The build quality is pretty nice too - a big step up from most hatches - and it's not too ugly either. :good:

Altogether, a nice car - congrats :D

antonioledesma
04-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I forgot to tell my impressions about the car. and thanks for your comments

the engine doesn't have punch until the 2.5k rpm, but it goes fast. (made 180 km/hr two weeks ago in a 90 zone :mrgreen: ).
the gearbox is near the crap classification. It feels like a vw beetle, the old beetle, box.
the steering is somewhat uncommunicative and little slow. I could say it's the fault of the power steering
the seats don't have much lateral support, so in long curves I'm sliding and that's is very uncomfortable while traveling in a mountain zone.
also the car chassis has more rolling than the corsa, so with the rolling and seats I don't like to take some curves with speed :|

but it looks to be a good car :mrgreen:

PATo355
04-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Its a lovely small car ... one of the best looking for sure , congratulations :D

topgeartom
04-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I wouldnt turn down a 1.6 My friend has one of the weeny 1.25 zetec and its slowwwwww. I also know someone who has a 1.4 and its pretty nippy.

I like it.

ARMAN
04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
:P finally some.. pic :mrgreen: nice little "people carrier" as would Clarkson have said, it has nice design comparing to older versions imo and technically it should be on higher mini cars level :)

Many km's/miles without problems Antonio! :P

antonioledesma
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I wouldnt turn down a 1.6 My friend has one of the weeny 1.25 zetec and its slowwwwww. I also know someone who has a 1.4 and its pretty nippy.

I like it.

thanks Tom. I could sell you my car in a couple years :P

:P finally some.. pic :mrgreen: nice little "people carrier" as would Clarkson have said, it has nice design comparing to older versions imo and technically it should be on higher mini cars level :)

Many km's/miles without problems Antonio! :P

well, a month old and at last the promised pics Arman :mrgreen:
thanks for the trouble-free kms wishes Arman :D

Its a lovely small car ... one of the best looking for sure , congratulations :D

also thanks to you Pato. I'm guessing that you also can see the brazilian fiesta, just like mine

taygunho
04-23-2006, 03:52 AM
congrats antonioledesma fiesta is really good car. enjoy your new car and put lots of km with it w/o trouble.

Pehtren
04-23-2006, 04:06 AM
Congratulation, wish you all the best with this car 8)

I kinda like te exteriour, just i would change the rims...the current ones dont fit the car :roll:

And hope you get yourself a decent hot hatch like you said a Golf GTI, did you thought about the Megane RS i find it :drool:
:D

antonioledesma
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
another thanks for your comments guys.

and of course I would try to put some sporty rims because I have steel rims with hubcaps.

and Dani, of course 1.6 can be fun, also my corsa had the same sized engine, but the gearbox was completely different. The corsa had shorter gear ratios, so I had to change to second gear at 10 km/hr, to third gear at 20 km/hr :lol: and the limit "safe" speed was 140

TransAm
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the new car, Antonio. Those little Fiestas are not bad cars at all, IMO. :good:

Looks to be a nice tidy example you have there. How many KMs does she have on the odometer? :?:

Do you get the ST150 in Mexico? 8)

antonioledesma
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
tidy only because it's a new car.
after a month it has 3000 kms, which is a BAD sig... if I keep this rate (I have to use MY car for job visits around mexico) this car will have 36000 kms in a year!! :shock:
damn... those are a lot of kms

and we still don't get the fiesta st. Just imagine, even when the new astra and golf V have been around for a long time, unitl this May we will be getting those cars in mexico

antonioledesma
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
after a month it has 3000 kms, which is a BAD sig... if I keep this rate (I have to use MY car for job visits around mexico) this car will have 36000 kms in a year!! :shock:

Mine has 58,000km... after a year and a half :? Sucks because, despite being new... it's starting to feel "old" with rattles and strange noises every now and then :?

those are a lot of kms :? I used tu put 10,000 kms a year. But now in this job I have to travel.

I hate when a car starts to rattle like you say dani. It could be a good time to sell it

TransAm
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM

Mine has 58,000km... after a year and a half :? Sucks because, despite being new... it's starting to feel "old" with rattles and strange noises every now and then :?

If it's still within warranty the dealer should sort it out for you if you ask, for free. :wink: