PDA

View Full Version : Tool !

Garretts_turbo
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
So I know not everyone is a fan, but if you’re interested heres some tool info.

New album release date: May 2nd

Album name: 10,000 days

Track list:
Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

New single “vicarious” released April 17th!!

also, this month's Guitar world has an interview with adam..just picked it up, the interview is huge!

blinkmeat
04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Tool is awesome

Mattk
04-17-2006, 09:31 AM
I've never even heard of them.

Garretts_turbo
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
the Vicarious single is out and its FANTASTIC!!
its on limewire under vicarious200%real if you wanna get it, and i woud highly reccomend it!

chest3r
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
One of my favorite bands !!!! :o Can't wait to listen to the new CD. I've only listened the single and it's very nice.

They're gonna be here, in Portugal, for a live show, in May, and I'll be there !! :mrgreen: :o It will be awesome !!! :P

Garretts_turbo
04-17-2006, 08:40 PM
yes..i hope to be able to go to the chicago and detroit shows....crossing my fingers for tickets!!

ZfrkS62
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
yeah...the radio will be playing the single in about 2 months :roll: >sigh< i hate this place :( I'll be snagging this album along with the new Godsmack album

Fleischmann
04-18-2006, 02:37 AM
^^The single "Vicarious" is already out, it's pretty good.

ZfrkS62
05-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok, i picked up the album a couple days after it's release and it's been in my cd player since.

Problem is, i don't know what to think about it. It has some similarities to Lateralus, but parts of it just feel lazy. I really hesitate to say TOOL is on a downslope, but this kind of feels as if A Perfect Circle has become their main project now and that legal battle they had with their label between Aenema and Lateralus really got the best of them. The Pot is probably the one song that i really get into. The "white noise" type stuff they do really just comes off to me as laziness.

10,000 Days isn't a horrible album, but it's not a great one either. The only thing i think that has maintained throughout their discography, is their album art. The 3D stuff is pretty cool, and i'd put it up there with the plastic inset from Lateralus.

dutchmasterflex
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
My good friend is a huge Tool...fan ;)

Picked up the album the day of its release.. IMO its not my type of music... I definitely respect them as muscians.. maybe al ittle too much substance abuse though

the actual album case and cover is awesome! the stereophonic photos are fuckin amazing!