PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gear : S9 EP2 : 17th April, 2006 - Discussion

vexor
04-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Jon Bentley performs a world-first crash test between a Landrover Discovery and a Renault Espace. Tom Ford tries to outrun an Arizona sheriff in Audi's monster off-roader the Q7. Paul Dalton explains why customers are queueing up to spend œ5,000 for a bottle of deluxe car wax. Vicki Butler-Henderson tests two Subarus head-to-head as the Impreza takes on the Forrester. And Tiff Needell and Jason Plato race each other in two fifties-style Le Mans racers.

vexor
04-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Just saw the episode..... and yawn....

the main feature crash was done in the typical 5th G fashion, the LeMans racers feature looked a bit "cheesy" and for me the only interesting features were the police chase and the Subaru test.

disappinting start for 5th G in the new season with their first 2 episodes.

coloradosilver
04-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Just watched the episode myself.....What a sleeper!

It seems like 5th gear is becomming more of a show for family sedans and SUV's. A kind of "This is what yoiu should know if you want this car for your family" type of show.

I did a lot of fast forwarding through this episode. What happened to the 5th gear of old?

GT-R_R34
04-18-2006, 05:20 PM
yeah kind of boring, but still better than US show.
what's the deal with the guy that washes car. he has to make a kill in cleaning all those supercars. and the comparison with the STI and the forester STI was nice.

No.1
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
^^

The car washer - or detailer - spends a lot of time on the cars - like they said, he may spend 14hrs on a car. A lot of the ferrari owners on the UK forum have this treatment done at ~£900 for a full kit - the Royale wax is £6k a tub, and so more expensive when you get it done.

Although, there are definitely more than 2 tubs in the UK - i know of at least 4 detailers with a tub of £6k wax :wink:

GT-R_R34
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
i wouldn't mind been a car cleaner if i get to drive those cars.