PDA

View Full Version : Mao Tse-Tung

Drew
04-01-2006, 02:00 AM
I watched part of a show on the History Channel about Mao Tse-tung and was just fascinated by it! I want to read more about Mao Tse-tung. Anyone know of a good book? Amazon has many… What is a good intro and not biased?

ae86_16v
04-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Wow, this is gonna get into a political debate soon ;) .

Maybe check out Mao's Red Book too, to get more of an understanding into his way of thinking.

Drew
04-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Wow, this is gonna get into a political debate soon ;) .

Maybe check out Mao's Red Book too, to get more of an understanding into his way of thinking.

Yeah there was a big part of what I watched on the "Red Book". I want a book that will cover the whole Mao era, like I said there are many out there. I just wondered if anyone had read and could recommend one.

ZfrkS62
04-01-2006, 02:44 AM
>makes note NOT to ask girlfriend about this<

I think the only way to get a balanced view on this is to learn chinese and to read the literature over there too

ae86_16v
04-01-2006, 03:12 AM
^ Depends on who you ask. My parents hates him, and I could understand why. But there are a lot of people that still believe in the cause.

So hard to say. Sorry I can not recommend any books.

ZfrkS62
04-01-2006, 03:30 AM
my g/f's parents hate him too. i think her whole family does

Driftzwerg
04-03-2006, 03:20 AM
How can you read about Mao and not be biased. There is just a new biography, which is very hm... insulting to him. Many Chinese today still like him, he did a lot for his country. But all came at a price. Millions died because of him.