PDA

View Full Version : No Ultime GTR or Can-Am on Top Gear?

Cockrocket
02-25-2006, 11:17 AM
What is this all about? One of the fastest cars in the world, british and a 10th the cost of a Enzo when you built it yourself! Itr is the fastest 0-100-0 car in the world and is so light, slow and small it would blitz the top gear test track record and it is road legal! So havant they tested it? I now the old top gear tested it but this was in the days before 640bhp version and the new top gear test track and the new top gear! Anyone have info on this matter?

martin100
02-25-2006, 03:47 PM
They definitely didnīt test it in the "new" Top Gear from Autumn 2002 on. But thats really a good question :roll: Maby they didnīt have the permission but i donīt think so...

nthfinity
02-25-2006, 03:56 PM
im sure they have a very full schedule to adhere to... they make huge productions; and that im sure eats up a lot of time... but the quality is definately there...

perhaps it will be there again... but mabey only as a lap time, not a full review, similar to other cars like the MC12.

No.1
02-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Didn't they take it around the TT course at Isle Of Man?

Or was that 5th Gear. [EDIT] Nope, it was evo magazine (how good is their reporting, that i remember it as a programme, not a piecce of writing? :shock: )

Anyways, the Ultima is too much of a kit car IMO, and although very competent and quick, it isn't really the sort of commercial car that TG test

TNT
02-26-2006, 11:54 AM
^^^ how can it be to much of a kit car?? :? thats like saying the enzo is to much of a race car.

No.1
02-26-2006, 12:38 PM
^^^ how can it be to much of a kit car?? :? thats like saying the enzo is to much of a race car.

I'm sure you know what i was getting at. An Ultima is a race-car for the road, whereas the Enzo is an overtly sporting road car, not a track/race car (that's the FXX).

The Enzo would be left for dust by an Ultima simply because the Ultima is about as uncompromised as you can go on the road - i've sat in one and it is a bare as fuck, and very nosiy (even though it wasn't moving). I haven't sat in an Enzo, but it surely does a better job of looking after the occupants than an Ultima - you would not want to drive the Ultima across Europe, there is simply too much of a gap between the race tracks, yet in an Enzo, the M-way/A-bahn's are easily travelled and the race tracks are a bit of fun, but the Enzo is not the last word in on track performance.

PS - the Ultima isn't a series production car like the Enzo, it is tapped up in some bloke's shed using a toolbox - "but that's how ferrari started" .... well look at them now. :wink: