PDA

View Full Version : "Villagers put the brake on TG" - not good

No.1
02-20-2006, 11:01 AM
:arrow: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/20/ntopg20.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/20/ixhome.html

There's some real bullshit-quotations flying in this article.

"I thoght we were supposed to be cutting down on exhaust fumes" - well WALK if it means that much to you - and as if a few laps of the circuit counts for shit in the grand scheme of carbon emissions

Max Power
02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
what a load of crap....

nthfinity
02-20-2006, 12:04 PM
4.5 million viewers per night seems too high to let TG go. obviously, those village people are nut jobs

vexor
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
they should move to Silverstone....

why are the villagers complaining so much? they only drive on the track like once a week for only 16-20 weeks a year.

coloradosilver
02-20-2006, 07:05 PM
That story is a little behind the times. They have already been denied permission to move to Enstone. They are now focusing on other places to move the show. Here's the article straight from Top Gear as of today:

Top Gear strikes back:

Don't panic! Regardless of what you may have read in the newspapers, Top Gear TV will still be the best bit of your Sunday.

Doomsayers have been predicting the downfall of everyone's favourite hour-long car-fest after reports that the show has lost the use of the airfield where it's filmed.

There were plans to move filming to a circuit at Enstone, Oxfordshire - which is suspiciously close to where Clarkson lives - but these have been kyboshed by the local council.

The council accepted residents' objections based on worries about pollution, which means the programme remains at its Surrey lair.

Andy Wilman, executive producer of TG TV, said: "Ideally, we wanted to go to Enstone, but if not, we'll just find another location. There's no great urgency, but it would help us give the show a facelift."

Rest assured, Clarkson, Hammond and May will be bickering later this year as usual.

Max Power
02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
i don't understand, what happend to buying off people....

No.1
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
That story is a little behind the times. They have already been denied permission to move to Enstone. They are now focusing on other places to move the show. Here's the article straight from Top Gear as of today:

the article was filed on the 20th of feb this year (ie Today) - and acknowledges the refusal of plans at Enstone.

Of course, your post from the press relaease type thing on the TG website is even more up to date, but the article is still recent (though discusses familiar ground)

coloradosilver
02-20-2006, 08:00 PM

the article was filed on the 20th of feb this year (ie Today) - and acknowledges the refusal of plans at Enstone.

Of course, your post from the press relaease type thing on the TG website is even more up to date, but the article is still recent (though discusses familiar ground)

I don't think I was clear...I know the atricle was posted today, I was just saying that the info they were reporting was news about two weeks ago. They're a little behind in getting that story out.

HeilSvenska
02-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Sad... No more Dunsfold Aerodrome...

Akmon
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
goddamit so stupid people
I would pay so TopGear would be made somewhere around my home!

StanAE86
02-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Shiet...move that show over here to the US and give us a car show we can finally be proud of. Motor Trend and Car & Driver TV have okay bits...but Top Gear kicks arse on everything....

Seriously, it's a bunch of bullshit. The cows in the fields probably fart more pollutants than the modern cars the show reviews. Interesting though...I would have thought that Top Gear "contributed" to the local economy to keep them happy also...at least, that's what a smart TV channel and show producer would do. It's like those Hollywood movies that pump all this money into the local economy so that the locals will "put up" with a little disruption...money talks, bullshit walks. And the people in that town are morons...