PDA

View Full Version : C6 Z vs. Gallardo highway roll on

nthfinity
02-17-2006, 11:20 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/lamborghini/1/283A47DB-12F5-4506-9F82-A8AC6D95C085.htm

the tall 2nd gear is to blame for gallardos quick jump ahead of the Z... but power and weight add up to the lambo losing ;)

r2r
02-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Just shows how good the Z06 is for the money, but u r right nthfinity, the weight probably had allot to do with the gallardo losing the lead.

nthfinity
02-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Just shows how good the Z06 is for the money, but u r right nthfinity, the weight probably had allot to do with the gallardo losing the lead.
i love Audi... and the Gallardo Spyder... and murcielago... but i dont think they can make a light-weight AWD system like Porsche can

r2r
02-18-2006, 12:56 AM
i love Audi... and the Gallardo Spyder... and murcielago... but i dont think they can make a light-weight AWD system like Porsche can

U r right again nthfinity, Lambo's always needed to loose some weight with their models, but hopefully Audi is going to put them on a big diet for their future models, so they can go against the competitors head on.

...and i hugely respect porsches for perfecting their models to every detail from weight to mechanics in their models, even though I'm not a big fan of their old school styling.

bmagni
02-18-2006, 01:49 PM
rc posted this some time ago...

nthfinity
02-18-2006, 04:19 PM
i guess i was thinking that was a C5 Z vs. a Gallardo... am i mistaken?

bmagni
02-18-2006, 04:27 PM

that was another one, you know how he likes to prove his point, but i had seen this vid for sure...

RC45
02-18-2006, 06:10 PM

that was another one, you know how he likes to prove his point, but i had seen this vid for sure...

Prove a point? ;)

The proof is in the videos... the incar Lambo and in-car C6 Z videos show.. a C6 Z will outpull a Gallardo... and the chap should know - both cars are his ;)

bmagni
02-18-2006, 06:29 PM

Prove a point? ;)

The proof is in the videos... the incar Lambo and in-car C6 Z videos show.. a C6 Z will outpull a Gallardo... and the chap should know - both cars are his ;)

ok, then ill rephrase it to:

...you know how he likes to show the truth to fanboys... :P

RC45
02-18-2006, 07:13 PM
^^^ lol at "rephrase" ;)

I mean... lol at "fanboys".. :P hehe

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 10:57 AM

Prove a point? ;)

You say that, and whilst I don't deny it, it isn't as cut and dry as that. There is another video, plus a couple of respected Gallard owners' experiences, that show that a Gallardo can fend off a Z06 nicely in a highway race.

RC45
02-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Prove a point? ;)

You say that, and whilst I don't deny it, it isn't as cut and dry as that. There is another video, plus a couple of respected Gallard owners' experiences, that show that a Gallardo can fend off a Z06 nicely in a highway race.

Post away - as we say in these parts...

Pics or STFU. :P

Then again, who really cares about a "highway race" - afterall, that's just an admission that when the road gets twisty, the big fat lambo loses out big time ;)

p.s. - the name "allanlambo" better not be in that list of "respected" gallardo owners... :roll:

TransAm
02-20-2006, 11:07 AM
allannambla? :lol:

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Prove a point? ;)

Then again, who really cares about a "highway race" - afterall, that's just an admission that when the road gets twisty, the big fat lambo loses out big time ;)

p.s. - the name "allanlambo" better not be in that list of "respected" gallardo owners... :roll:

LOL. No, Allanlambo is not who I was thinking of. However, a nice guy by the name of "Clax" is. As he said himself, he didn't believe it, but what happened happened: the stock Gallardo pulled on the stock Z06. RC: we both know that all of these kinds of cars are pretty darned close in real performance 90% of the time and for 90% of the time it's down to the driver, or how much fuel they have in the tank, or small things that make big differences. I'll try and upload the video in a sec.

EDIT: Here: http://rapidshare.de/files/13729110/Lamborghini_-_Gallardo_vs_Corvette_Z06_1.wmv.html

I know that there was no "three honks" but the fact is that the cars were, I would say, just about dead even, with the Lambo doing slightly, slightly better.

Oh, and in regards to Allan: he thinks that the Z06 is very, very fast and says that it has the better of the Gallardo 99% of the time. However, it's still a Corvette. He has a point.

nthfinity
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
^^^^^
thats a C5 Z barely creeping behind ;)

the C6 Z has an extra 100 ponies (perhaps as much as 130 extra) on the C5 Z.... the C5 Z and C6 Z are less then 100 lbs different (w/out the driver)... where the Gallardo weights in at 3900 vs 3080 lbs for the vette... thats where that 100 hp advantage is killed in the Gallardo...

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
It's a C5 Z06? Oh, my bad. That's not Clax driving the car, but I'll try and copy/paste his comment on it from Lambo-power.

Th Gallardo is heavier than the Z06, but it's certainly nowhere near 3900lbs!! More like 3300, I guess. Plus, it has less power and Torque than the Z06, so it's not surprising that is loses 90% of the time.

RC45
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM

Prove a point? ;)

LOL. No, Allanlambo is not who I was thinking of. However, a nice guy by the name of "Clax" is. As he said himself, he didn't believe it, but what happened happened: the stock Gallardo pulled on the stock Z06. RC: we both know that all of these kinds of cars are pretty darned close in real performance 90% of the time and for 90% of the time it's down to the driver, or how much fuel they have in the tank, or small things that make big differences. I'll try and upload the video in a sec.

EDIT: Here: http://rapidshare.de/files/13729110/Lamborghini_-_Gallardo_vs_Corvette_Z06_1.wmv.html

I know that there was no "three honks" but the fact is that the cars were, I would say, just about dead even, with the Lambo doing slightly, slightly better.

Oh, and in regards to Allan: he thinks that the Z06 is very, very fast and says that it has the better of the Gallardo 99% of the time. However, it's still a Corvette. He has a point.

Oh yeah - I remember that one... but as nth pointed out, thats a C5 Z - 100hp down and a little shorter legs than the C6 Z.

With that display as a Gallardo driver I would be shitting in my pants in case I ran into a C6 Z - as it would walk away liek - well like the previous video posted ;) heheh :P

Sure these cars are all close... and once we do a little tweaking who knows.

My car at the moment would walk a stock Gallardo like the C6 does, and give a Murci a close run ;)

Either way - fun times are being had by all.

RC45
02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
2004 Gallardo
3,153 lbs.

500 @ 7800 RPM
376 @ 4500 RPM

4 s
8.2 s
12.2 s @ 122 mph
192 mph (drag limited)
-

2002 Murci
3,638 lbs.

580 @ 7500 RPM
480 @ 5400 RPM

3.8 s
9.5 s
12.6 s @ 116 mph
205 mph (limited)
9 MPG City / 13 MPG Highway

2002-4 C5 Z06
3,100 lbs.

405 @ 6000 RPM
400 @ 4800 RPM

3.9 s
9.1 s
12.5 s @ 120 mph
171 mph
19 MPG City / 28 MPG Highway

2006 C6 Z06
3,130 lbs

505 @ 6300 RPM
470 @ 4200 RPM

In other words... bye-bye Gallardo... ;)

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd like to find a Gallardo that'll do 100mph in 8.2 and a Murcielago that can only do it in 9.5, or the 1/4 in 12.6!!

Come on, RC: behave a little with those numbers!

:lol:

nthfinity
02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
It's a C5 Z06? Oh, my bad. That's not Clax driving the car, but I'll try and copy/paste his comment on it from Lambo-power.

Th Gallardo is heavier than the Z06, but it's certainly nowhere near 3900lbs!! More like 3300, I guess. Plus, it has less power and Torque than the Z06, so it's not surprising that is loses 90% of the time.
my mistake... thats the new spyder ;) :oops:

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM

The Roadster is that much heavier than the regular G? You have a link to that?

nthfinity
02-20-2006, 06:25 PM

The Roadster is that much heavier than the regular G? You have a link to that?
mabey i am not wrong??? since this is the photo i was referring to
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9904/3968lbscoupe7xf.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3968lbscoupe7xf.jpg)
clearly stating 3968 lbs from an 03 gallardo coupe... unless that is simoply stating the maximum weight over each axle? 1889 lbs front/2079 lbs rear??... but GVWR simply means gross vehicle weight ratio... so thats all fluids included (minus driver/passenger)

MrFranks
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
That msut be the maximum rated weight that each axle can take. I mean, 3900lbs is like, 1750+kgs! That's Rolls Royce territory!

nthfinity
02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
That msut be the maximum rated weight that each axle can take. I mean, 3900lbs is like, 1750+kgs! That's Rolls Royce territory!
well.... rolls is closer to 5,577 lbs---> 2,529 kg... not exactly close to rolls... but still... it reads GVWR... and says nothing about maximums...
confusing... but to me, that would explain why a 500 hp gallardo has trouble out gunning a 400 hp corvette... not to mention, its lowly 1/4 mile times of 12.5 from that year (http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm) and a 405 hp Z06 does it in 12.3 seconds... and the C6Z is @ 11.5...