PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H1

System
02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2197/h19bq.th.jpg (http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h19bq.jpg)

MIHALS
02-01-2006, 05:49 PM
definitelly SubZero in his category :D
I love this car, but hate the H2 and H3 :roll:

but being by the off road car, we should put to thecompetition Lada Niva aswell - the first off road car on the world...

Honda_PoD
02-01-2006, 05:51 PM
^^^ agreed one of the most hardcore factory off road rigs.

TT
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Well, this is the only "SUV" that can actually be cool :good:

crayzayjay
02-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Seriously uncool for me, sorry.

T-Bird
02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
seriously cool man I would spend the 150K on this before even going into a Ferrari or Lambo dealer, why? because with this thing you can go anywhere and do anything. what other truck can get away with being that wide and long yet only seat 4? and with the proper snorkel you can subnerge the entir truck and still have it run. :twisted:

graywolf624
02-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Seriously cool.. Nothing else like it.. The epitomy of hardcore offroader and probably the best on at it thats still a production vehicle.

ARMAN
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Cool but in the city unpractical, I doubt any of them driving thu the streets of London :lol:

stmoritzer
02-02-2006, 04:40 AM
Very cool, the original !
close to SZ in his league
way better than the H2 (I like them in black), forget about H3

taygunho
02-02-2006, 07:37 AM
I've voted subzero 8) don't know why actually...

In black is just :love:

http://www.rodhall.com/images/hummer/H1_Wagon_Black_quarter.jpg

It's just too different, too big, too wide, too wild... :D
Well, this is the only "SUV" that can actually be cool
no more to add. H1 is subzero for me.

saadie
02-02-2006, 08:05 AM
subzero :love:

Banchi105
02-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Its the Ferrari Enzo of the offroad world.

pzgren
02-02-2006, 10:39 AM
this is THE offroad vehicle...! sz for me

gigdy
02-02-2006, 05:03 PM
ive always liked this one more the the covered one

http://www.impexta.com/img_comon/auta/hummer_h1-2005_04_big.jpg

findleybeast
02-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Subzero for me as well. I absolutely love this thing, though I'd never buy one unless I lived in the wilderness or a war zone. Besides the price, these things are just too damn wide, even for America.

I remember back in highschool when a friend of mine's car had 4 flat tires, so she borrowed his military hummer... oh man that thing was awesome. Full Camo, a pipe and snorkel, totally stripped interior. So weird seeing a little 17yo girl driving an enormous camouflaged hummer tho :? :lol:

sameerrao
02-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Fantastic car .. unfortunately bought by the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Should last forever with its simple mechanicals - like an old school Land Rover on steroids

nthfinity
02-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Fantastic car .. unfortunately bought by the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Should last forever with its simple mechanicals - like an old school Land Rover on steroids
i dont know about texas... but here in michigan, people with H1's tend to have tons of scratches, mud, and dents... well, texas is mostly flat, right?

sameerrao
02-05-2006, 01:25 AM
i dont know about texas... but here in michigan, people with H1's tend to have tons of scratches, mud, and dents... well, texas is mostly flat, right?

I was thinking more of CA (particularly LA) than TX. Here it is the H2 that dominates - mostly driven by the real estate agents taking their prospective clients around getting 9mpg :roll:

AlienDB7
02-05-2006, 06:48 AM
The H2 and H3 are uncool cause posers drive them (they're everywhere now).

The H1 on the other hand is the original (beside the military ones). And who can forget the scene from The Rock? :mrgreen:

The Hummer H1 is unstoppable... 100% subzero!!

Evo
02-05-2006, 07:46 AM
It's performance is stunning.. I only imagine it in black with fog lights or what ever you call them on top of the car..

Emericaskate
02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I really dislike them, just because they are the most impratcical thing on the road, well at least in northern ireland

gucom
02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
it got a cool from me (just) cos its a real tough car with proper credentials, whereas the H2 and H3 are just cars for ppl with BAD, BAAAAD taste...
downside of this car for me is the bully factor is has, you can do anything and get away with it, just cos other ppl are intimidated by it...not cool IMO

gtx28
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
You know how the military hummers have a hardtop slant back, i have a vid somewhere of a civilian turbo diesel version in all gloss black its so awesome looking, subzero in my book!!

here kinda like this now tell me thats not cool!!!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9149/dsc001013bq.th.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc001013bq.jpg)

chest3r
02-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Subzero!! I just love it!!

It's a great offroader, big as hell, and scary !!!

irrational_i
02-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Not my cup of tea, but something this insane has to be cool

ae86_16v
03-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Was seriously consider giving it a "Sub-Zero" because of it's offroad performance, but had to settle for a "Cool" because of it's onroad performance.

Mattk
03-10-2006, 04:17 AM
Subzero! Few cars can claim to be cooler than this beast.

Viper5703
07-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Subzero! without a doubt the best offroading vehicle ever built. What other SUV can climb a 45 degree hill?? NONE! Underwater? none (at least not without serious modifications to the body work and undercarriage.) yeah, economy sucls, but who cares? You can run over redwood trees in this thing. (note sarcasm..)

dropot2
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I've never liked this..."thing". However, I have to admit that it has something special, and that is why I've voted "cool"

This monster of a car was built strictly for off-roading and rough terrain, and in that sense, it is lightyears ahead of everything else.

Partially disagree. Maybe it's better than everything else in an open area such as a desert, but I'm sure that many conventional off-road cars will beat it in a deep forest, simply because it wouldn't fit in it.

Shinigami
07-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I have no reason to drive off road, so this car doesn't really appeal to me. Not to mention over here, we have hardly any places which would "need" a car like this (nevermind it wouldn't really be legal to drive "off road" in most sections in the mountains).

Not that cool in my opinion, as I'm not really the type of person who wants to intimidate other drivers (seems like this is the primary reason most people buy the car).

Uncool, sorry :shrug:

And some people seem to forget that there are off road cars which are even better then the Hummer. I believe the Unimog is one of them, and used by firefighters in some countries to crawl around forests and other difficult terrain.

RF1
07-02-2006, 07:52 AM
for me: Subzero
definitely :)
really original car

DeMoN
07-02-2006, 08:35 PM
only hummer that's worth it. I sat in one and omg the driver is so far from passenger its funny and cool.

wfrigginlewis
08-06-2006, 02:39 AM
It look like a good vehicle with which to storm Normandy!!

Sub-Zero! Fatality!

MH2Lmaker
09-26-2006, 04:32 PM
So very uncool. Sorry. Too much weight, too much bulk, too much money and way too wide.

Fleischmann
09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
It's only attriubute is it's size...and trucks aren't cool. Infact they are seriously uncool.

acs power
10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Subzero. Reminds me for action movies :lol:

TopGearNL
10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Cool, just like Schwarzenegger, it got old and its loosing its touch :wink:

Mattk
10-17-2006, 03:40 AM
^ :lol:

I don't think age is really a problem. Once a subzero car, always a subzero car.

bmwdriver
11-01-2006, 05:24 AM
the original, wide, brutal, simple, big

cool

( H2,3,4,5,6,7 no way)

bmf572
11-02-2006, 12:31 AM
These things are the most unreliable, underpowered (until in the Durmax), over priced, ride like ass piece of shit ever sold! I never thought I'd see a truck that made an exotic car look cheap when it came to repair/maintenance. I think they should all be crushed into paper clips!SERIOUSLY UNCOOL!!!

costin
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
definitely seriously uncool car. it swallows as much energy as a third world country. It is the perfect example of a seriously uncool American car, just as all muscle cars. European cars RULe!!!

gigdy
01-29-2008, 11:37 PM
almost as much energy as you wasted digging up this old ass thread.

GunnyD
01-30-2008, 04:51 AM
These things are the most unreliable, underpowered (until in the Durmax), over priced, ride like ass piece of shit ever sold! I never thought I'd see a truck that made an exotic car look cheap when it came to repair/maintenance. I think they should all be crushed into paper clips!SERIOUSLY UNCOOL!!!

Having driven the true HMMWV in the desert, mountains, and swamps, I just can't find fault with it. Everything that we threw at it and it always performed. Never got one stuck. I don't know about the H1 that Chevy sells, but the original hauls.

formulastig
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Having driven the true HMMWV in the desert, mountains, and swamps, I just can't find fault with it. Everything that we threw at it and it always performed. Never got one stuck. I don't know about the H1 that Chevy sells, but the original hauls.

Gotta agree. Drove one around one day, did some soft-roading and had a blast. Would never own one, but like that they exist.

graywolf624
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
ese things are the most unreliable
Thats the first time Ive heard h1 and unreliable in a sentence.. care to back that up?

Spuzzard
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
You know how the military hummers have a hardtop slant back, i have a vid somewhere of a civilian turbo diesel version in all gloss black its so awesome looking, subzero in my book!!

here kinda like this now tell me thats not cool!!!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9149/dsc001013bq.th.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc001013bq.jpg)

Oh Man! Now that's COOL!

Evo8
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe it's better than everything else in an open area such as a desert, but I'm sure that many conventional off-road cars will beat it in a deep forest, simply because it wouldn't fit in it.
He's right.
HMMWV and Hummer is far from the best off-roader. It's the best "glamour offroader", but not the best. It was built as a small cargo and tow truck for mostly unpaved roads.

Actually, some of the best off-road cars are these:

http://www.rosfoto.ru/photos/big/0009000/009691_50.jpg

GAS-66, Soviet/Russian, military/civilian. Probably the most extreme production offroader, coming with controlled tire pressure, high variable clearance, and other gizmos.

---------------

http://z.about.com/d/4wheeldrive/1/0/e/W/Stu_TN_1962Unimog1_RR.jpg

Unimog, German, civilian. The industry standard for offroad work.

---------------

http://www.mosaica.ru/images/ifcimages/uaz009.jpghttp://www.sportportal.ru/fotogal/albums/singenta2006/thumb_IMG_9180.jpg

UAZ-469, Soviet, military/police/civilian. On a rally, it happened for one of these to pull out a Hummer H1.

---------------

http://www.atv.info/images/Site05/articles/227/2006-utility-atv-year.jpg

ATV, plenty of them. These beat nearly any truck.

---------------

And then of course go some rally-raid cars like Bowler Wildcat, which are also far ahead of Humvee. And only then comes Humvee.

Mattk
06-20-2008, 02:12 AM
^True, but you would hardly buy them to drive on the street. The Hummer can do both. It also looks better. Coolness is the whole package, mate.

Evo8
06-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Lots of compact SUV, from Land Cruiser 70 (specifically 70) to 469 are a fully street vehicles. And of sensible size, so they won't get stuck if the street is narrow. And with better on-road handling than Hummer.

Generally, off the road, smaller tends to mean better. The fraction of people who ever drive off the road is perhaps the lowest among Hummer users.

But that was on a tangent, on topic of which is actually best on the road.

Though about coolness... Don't tell me this doesn't look cool (this is NOT Hummer, but a modified Gaz-66!):

http://steer.ru/archives/260208/barhan/image_0.jpg

The full cab, engine-forward version of the truck on the first image. Although it looks a bit too close to an enlarged Hummer, but it's the owner who put such a grille - otherwise a production road vehicle.

There are lots better offroaders than Hummer (have I mentioned Bowler Wildcat?), the civvie Hummer is rather about bling and poseur.

sdijkstra
06-29-2008, 06:05 PM
With this behemoth, there is no longer any need to flash slow traffic in the fast lane. You can just run them over.
Definitely sub-zero.

79TA
06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
He's right.
HMMWV and Hummer is far from the best off-roader. It's the best "glamour offroader", but not the best. It was built as a small cargo and tow truck for mostly unpaved roads.

The H1 has some impressive stats as far as fording streams, approach angles, and how steep of a wall it can drive along, but for all practical off-roading purposes, it's just too wide. I love going out on trails in any sort of Wrangler/Cherokee and watching all of the larger rigs scrape bushes and rocks the whole way. Then, when you hit some sand, the Jeeps stay up while larger trucks get stuck repeatedly, even after airing down. The original Willy's MB, while lacking safety features and power, was a VERY capable vehicle. Once the patent ran out on the chassis, it was pretty much copied by Suzuki to underpin the Samuri. And yea, Unimogs are pretty sweet.

torrentjunkie
06-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Uncool, it's a brilliant machine, but it's bought more by idiots who can only command respect because of wealth and nothing else, rather than being bought by people who actually buy it for it's off road capabilities. I think if it was exclusive only to military forces then it would be instantly sub zero. However it still is alot cooler than the H2.

Jacques_JDM
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
SubZero!!