PDA

View Full Version : Movie fan are you?

blinkmeat
01-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Did you guys like Goodfellas/ Fightclub's core elements?

Being; The mobster heirarchy and life / Jack's psychosis leading to the deconstruction of society?

Do you think combining these core elements would make for an interesting movie?

ZfrkS62
01-19-2006, 10:56 PM
only if done right. And i don't know how that would be done. FIght Club was constatnly on the verge of eing to much or not enough, one way or the other, but it ended up being perfectly blended.

blinkmeat
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM
AN INTRO: This really screws up the format - but here it is

NEEDS WORK STILL

EXT. FIELD - DAY

Yellow roses blow gently in the wind across a large field that crests beneath an orange sky - just then bare-feet run by -- the camera tracks uphill as the feet run uphill --- finally overlooking a pink sky to a valley full of more yellow roses. BEETHOVEN plays in the background --

CUT TO:

INT. BANK - DAY

PULL OUT: DAVID -- a very average in every way 25 year-old - unshaved and slightly disheveled stands completely unaware of his surrounding in a black Armani suit - His face is a picture of absolute serenity -- Time speeds by as people deal with their respective tellers, and leave - while the rest of a long line impatiently inches forward as if marching to the beat of a drum. The line continues moving forward in front of him in time - while the people behind him defiantly jockey positions because he’s holding them up. Time continues to speed by - until finally the MAN (35) standing behind him taps his shoulder and utters in an Alvin and the Chipmunks voice:

MAN
Hey! Go.

Undisturbed David remains locked in his own world - the MAN and some of the line pass him.

WOMAN
David!

David snaps back to reality, and notices the WOMAN (27) attractive - professional looking - waves him over to her now open till. He starts making his way passed the disgruntled line to her till.

WOMAN
Pay day Mr. Traddles?

David reaches into his breast-pocket and takes out a wallet - handing it to her.

DAVID
Mm.

WOMAN
Manning account?

DAVID
Yeah.

WOMAN
So...we still on for Saturd-

FBI agents break in. TIME SLOWS -- David stands in shock -- his eyes widen with confoundedness as 3 OFFICERS surround him with guns drawn. Everyone but David hits the floor.

DAVID
You motherfuck-

((BANG)) -- One COP fires. -- FREEZE TIME.

DAVID (V.O)
You know how they say that at the
moment before death your whole
life flashes before your eyes? Well,
wouldn’t you fuck’n know it...

CUT TO:

ZfrkS62
01-19-2006, 11:16 PM
DAVID (V.O)
You know how they say that at the
moment before death your whole
life flashes before your eyes? Well,
wouldn’t you fuck’n know it...

so cliched you should be bitch slapped :P :lol: there was a level of uniquness to Fight Club that i think only a Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style binge and purge could create. providing you are smart enough to record everything you come up with

blinkmeat
01-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Hahaha - Forgo the foreshadow? or go linear? Suicide is a possability too but pretty heavy stuff

ZfrkS62
01-19-2006, 11:48 PM
i dunno. personally, i hate shit that starts out like that. the way FC was setup was somehow different. I think the music that went along with it just worked out for the best.

so take out the opening intro, and i think if through the opening creds, you had a slow speed camera catch like 3 hours or so of a bank line moving through the day. That way it just seems like one of those time square montages where hundreds of thousands of people pass by within 30 seconds.

blinkmeat
01-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Ya but the premise of the story is contingent upon moving to the past and narrative / that or just being linear

ZfrkS62
01-20-2006, 12:17 AM
guess i'm just not feelin the initial narrative then

blinkmeat
01-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Ya the narrative hasn't started yet

But I'm going with a college age - 25 group of guys who meet in school... run some small scams that turns them into large scale criminals with Capone-like reach and money - the lead character who's shot in the intro begins to have second thoughts when people start dying and he wants out - but he knows too much - plus he's going to be piched - thus jeapardizing the whole group - so they attempt the bank killing

blinkmeat
01-21-2006, 06:39 PM
So I guess this idea is shit :o

ZfrkS62
01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
well, maybe not, depends on what you can do with it.