PDA

View Full Version : Corvette on NOS

StanAE86
01-18-2006, 01:16 PM
I think it's likely a repost, but I'm not positive this is the same Corvette. I like how the guys with the fire extinguishers stand around for about 15-20 seconds before they decide they should use the damn things...stupid:

http://media.putfile.com/Z06

blinkmeat
01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Ya no shit - plus that guy on the camera was a tool too

That'd suck so bad, no wonder RC doesn't run NOS

StanAE86
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
What the hell were those mechanics and marshalls waiting for?? :? :roll:

Maybe they figure, let it burn good, so that the insurance claim will be complete...?

Honda_PoD
01-18-2006, 09:11 PM
i am a fan of nitrous but that could happen on any power adder. If you do it right it all works. but it prob. blow a line. but those marshalls should of been all over that..... :| what is he did get out?.....

RC45
01-18-2006, 09:45 PM

Maybe they figure, let it burn good, so that the insurance claim will be complete...?

Insurance for an occurance at a dragstrip? -- sha---right ;)

StanAE86
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM

C'mon, RC, you know the tow truck is around the corner, waiting to bring it to a back road, where the car blew up while driving home... :wink:

RC45
01-18-2006, 10:04 PM

C'mon, RC, you know the tow truck is around the corner, waiting to bring it to a back road, where the car blew up while driving home... :wink:

That kind of insurance fraud may work in Kalifornikator - but they are wise to that kinda shit in Texas -- especially when they show the video of your car burning :P ;) hehehe

StanAE86
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM

That kind of insurance fraud may work in Kalifornikator - but they are wise to that kinda shit in Texas -- especially when they show the video of your car burning :P ;) hehehe

Isn't there that saying, "It's not a crime unless you're caught and successfully prosecuted"...

Which reminds me of this thread a while ago on an Mitsu board or something...some kid overboosted his EVO and blew his motor. Went to the dealer with a warranty claim...then bragged on the board about how he did it...people figured out which dealership it was and reported it and the claim was denied...it was complete justice and kharma...absolutely amazing that the kid got what he deserved in the end. He had been asking about cheap and fast power upgrades for a while and was generally considered an ass by other board members....

taygunho
01-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Poor z06. But marshalls and firefighters waited so long.

coombsie66
01-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Those marshals dont have a frigging clue what they are doing, would they be hanging back like that if there was someone still trapped in the car, i fucking hope not!!
And the camera man is a complete bell end, 'oh shit awsome yeah, fuck yeah, i got it on camera, yeah, sweet'
the guy just fucking blew his car up and nearly got torched in the process, what if that had happened as he crossed the line at 100+ mph? Grow up.

I guess the explosion was from a massive inlet backfire??

dutchmasterflex
01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
haha.. what a bunch of idiots.. (driver, car owner, track officials, and the people recording it)