PDA

View Full Version : Filming Olympic episodes

frodefe
01-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Top Gear filming in Norway
http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2006/01/17/455033.html[/url]

Filming a special episode to air on BBC during the upcoming Olympic in Torino. They have shot several scenes in the '94 Olympic arena "Lillehammer".

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/45/455/455033/ervik3_280.jpg

- They sent a Mini down a ski jump (Lysgårdsbakken)
- They also jumped with a snowmobile
- They played icehockey with some cars
- Duathlon with some 4x4's - firing from the trunk, with machineguns
- Race between a Jaguar XK and the speed skater Eskil Ervik

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/45/455/455033/ervik_858.jpg

Toronto
01-18-2006, 03:15 AM
sounds good... can't wait
thanks for the info

1zippo1
01-18-2006, 05:43 AM
sounds fantastic indeed, can't wait. They should have brought a real rally car along though. But hey, we can't complain :P

martin100
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
The show will be aired on February 12th. Can´t wait to see some out-of-the-season TG action :D

ZfrkS62
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
AH!! They cheated!! The Jag has snow tires :P

AlienDB7
01-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Is this an one off episode or will the full season of Top Gear be back?

The hockey game should be interesting, wondering what car they'll use.. there'll be a lot more "contacts" in hockey than football (soccer) so they better find a tougher car.

Not sure how they can have a race between the Jag and the speed skater. The speed skating rink is way too small for the Jag to fit in... it's good to see the XK in action, I love the car :shock:

Now... if Top Gear is still on air in 2010 (why shouldn't it?), will they visit Vancouver for another Olympics special :mrgreen:

0X

vexor
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Is this an one off episode or will the full season of Top Gear be back?

maybe they'll do like a 5 episode run and then a few months later do the full season

Not sure how they can have a race between the Jag and the speed skater. The speed skating rink is way too small for the Jag to fit in... it's good to see the XK in action, I love the car

i'm pretty sure they'll be using the same format as in the MX-5 vs Greyhound feature.

Now... if Top Gear is still on air in 2010 (why shouldn't it?), will they visit Vancouver for another Olympics special

Lets hope so :wink:

martin100
01-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I don´t think it´ll be a small season. It´s simply an Olympic special episode. The real next season will (hopefully) start in mid May. I hope they will do more episodes than Clarkson said... :|

AlienDB7
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Sunday 12 February
Top Gear, BBC Two, 2110

The team hit Norway to attempt Olympic events, but with cars.

They fire a rocket-powered Mini off a ski jump, Jeremy and James tackle the biathlon with the latest 4x4s, Richard stages a game of car ice hockey, and the new Jaguar XK races a speed skater.
From the BBC Sport website.

That's snowbiz
Car ice hockey, car ice skating and a ski-jumping Stig in a snowmobile are some of the highlights of Top Gear’s version of the Winter Olympics. The team filmed in Lillehammer, Norway, for a show that will air on Febuary 12 to coincide with the real winter games in Turin. “Jeremy won on style,” said Andy Wilman, the producer. “He did some spectacular James Bond power slides. Torvill and Dean eat your heart out.”
From Times Online.

Rocket-powered Mini? That's cheating!

Wutputt
02-12-2006, 08:56 AM
I just can't wait seeing this episode tonight. It promises lots of fun :D

DeMoN
02-12-2006, 02:52 PM
never expected this one! should be great.