PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6 shredding tires at Nürburgring (google video)

TT
12-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Literally :D (see the end of the video)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7962212050929574608&q=audi+rs6

pzgren
12-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Holy shit, this tire doesn't look good at all. This happend after Schwalbenschwanz before entering the high-speed section of Döttinger Höhe. Imagine what happend if the tire broke down there. but i guess its because he hit the curps uf the last corner very roughly.

Ghostbat
12-31-2005, 07:23 AM
Don't you think it was the exploading brake caliper that caused this?

TT
12-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Uhm.. the car was indeed doing a weird noise for most of the lap, but I never saw a brake caliper exploding, even under heavy use :shock:

Ghostbat
12-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Uhm.. the car was indeed doing a weird noise for most of the lap, but I never saw a brake caliper exploding, even under heavy use :shock:

No I didn't see a brake caliper exploading either. I just meant that modern tyres usually don't exploade even under heavy stress. When I saw the broken caliper at the end of the movie I came to the conclusion that maybe a caliper exploaded and shredded the tyre.

c0wb0y007
12-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Nice video !!! Those guys of the RS6.com board are likeable lads.

I think if you go around the Ring like that with such a car, a PCCB-brake system might be a good option :D

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

liveseytowers
12-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Cool vid, just imagine if that happened at the end of the straight :shock: How bald is that tire though so i bet it was pretty fecked before he even started the lap.

That yellow porker slowed him down a bit at the start as well and wasnt for moving :fist:

ldin
12-31-2005, 12:01 PM
me and my cousin had a small meet with some of the guys over at rs6.com...cool people...

twboy1999
12-31-2005, 12:26 PM
the tires are completely gone.. looks like slick
and the brake fucked up

good video

Ghostbat
12-31-2005, 02:40 PM

No I didn't see a brake caliper exploading either. I just meant that modern tyres usually don't exploade even under heavy stress. When I saw the broken caliper at the end of the movie I came to the conclusion that maybe a caliper exploaded and shredded the tyre.

What are you talking about? there are no broken calipers in that movie dude......What you see are the brake pads that are worn out....

The tire blew as it was shoot, it looks like they where street slicks that had done their job....

I stand corrected Brembo. Should pay more attention. Altough the Corsas are sporty tires I hardly think they qualify as "street slicks".

jakaracman
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Brave guy ... Auto trasmission and doing 8.29 ... No wonder tires did not like it ... :D
But it looked to me like the tire has delaminated, not worn out ... Overheating prehaps, maybe too low pressure (slow leak) :?:

Wutputt
01-02-2006, 04:55 PM
:shock: :shock:
Impressive lap time. Though the car sounded like it was making a scraping noise throughout the vid. Must be scary when something like that happens.