PDA

View Full Version : The Producers (2005)

nthfinity
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
and despite the poor reviews (which the original recieved as well) this is the only musical i've ever enjoyed. truly a classic again :lol: mel brooks is definately a comical powerhouse, and i recomend this flick :)

"dont be stupid, be a smartie. Come on join the Nazi party!" :P

Toronto
12-30-2005, 08:21 PM
to bad mel brooks didn't play a hand in this production :P

ZfrkS62
12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
to bad mel brooks didn't play a hand in this production :P

actually, he was one of the writers :wink:

and yes, this movie was fucking hilarious :lol: the Gutentag Hop-n-klop was funny as hell. I don't like Will Ferrel but my god i couldn't stop laughing at him in this :lol:

tip: Don't get anything to drink at this movie because you'll more than likely piss yourself

Toronto
12-31-2005, 03:52 AM
^^^ he wasn't a writer they used his screen play to help write this one, he was listed as a producer but had no effect on the out come of the movie, or at least that is what he told the press :D

ZfrkS62
12-31-2005, 06:13 AM
^^^ he wasn't a writer they used his screen play to help write this one, he was listed as a producer but had no effect on the out come of the movie, or at least that is what he told the press :D

thats funny cuz i was reding an article on it (pretty much the article that convinced me to go see it with the g/f) and it had a clip from the writer who was talking about working with mel and they would come to a part and say "mel, we need a joke here" and 30 seconds later, they had their joke.

Some of that stuff was too egdy for back in the day it s written, but fits in great nowadays. :D

It's a great flick either way :D

TransAm
12-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Is this a remake of 'to be or not to be'?

Toronto
12-31-2005, 05:42 PM

thats funny cuz i was reding an article on it (pretty much the article that convinced me to go see it with the g/f) and it had a clip from the writer who was talking about working with mel and they would come to a part and say "mel, we need a joke here" and 30 seconds later, they had their joke.

Some of that stuff was too egdy for back in the day it s written, but fits in great nowadays. :D

It's a great flick either way :D

mmm..... weird the gave a diff. type of story in the artical I read,
maybe in the one you saw where talking when he was writing for the play.
this movie is not based on the first movie, it is a based on the play. so the jokes could still be somwhat current from 5 years ago?

ZfrkS62
12-31-2005, 05:55 PM
maybe. I might have to go back and re read the article.