PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory trailer

RAMMIUS
12-24-2005, 06:22 PM
http://autostream.com/cgi-bin/load.cgi?Autostreamfilms_Chaos_Trailer1.wmv :D

hwe
12-26-2005, 05:30 AM
That movie looks cool....must find...must find...

franck bullitt
12-26-2005, 10:18 AM
It's a cool movie triler ... but where can i see it entirely :?: :wink:

Fleischmann
12-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Looks prett decen...but the whole trailer is a rip off of the trailer from the previous season of Top Gear. The music is the same, and the editing ideas are totally copied. They should do something original.

f1legend
12-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I wonder if he has the rights to use Paul Oakenfold. And 'the best car of all time' sounds like marketing blabla, considering there aren't even supercars in it. To me it looks like someone is trying to copy Top Gear. I will stick to the original.

f1legend
12-26-2005, 05:58 PM
No, its a fast sportscar, but not a supercar. What is a Carrera GT, a Pagani Zonda, an Enzo? How do you call them, if the 430 is a supercar.

ae86_16v
12-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, definitely. . . it looks good.

martin100
12-26-2005, 08:00 PM
No, its a fast sportscar, but not a supercar. What is a Carrera GT, a Pagani Zonda, an Enzo? How do you call them, if the 430 is a supercar.

I agree with f1legend on that one :wink: But 4.0 sec to 62mph really is supercar territory. The SLR needs the same time for example. So if you decide by figures, the 430 is a supercar, but if you decide by price it certainly isnīt one. That shows that it is basically a bargain :D

f1legend
12-27-2005, 11:12 AM
If you look for example at the Sport Auto Supertests, the F430 is a good 20sec behind the top (Carrera GT and Zonda F). I believe a supercar is one, that in terms of power, lateral acceleration etc.. comes close to FIA-GT cars. 0-60, I hardly find that to be the figure to base the whole judgement on.
It might be just a matter of opinion to a certain extent. Is it money, power, acceleration, cornering speeds, that make a supercar. Is it one of these things, or a combination? To me a supercar is a road legal car, that comes as close to a race car as possible, while still being a perfectly drivable every day car. And for me, that is currently the Enzo, CGT and Zonda F. No Veyron (heavy) and no Koenigsegg (too much of a prototype, will get better however).
If its just the looks, then count in the Murcielago (too heavy for my taste, too conventional in chassis construction) and forget the CGT, because to the ordinary people it looks like a Boxster.

IgotWRXed
12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
the supercar/sports car argument is getting increasingly tricky due to this new era of 'horsepower wars'. look at the new Z06. no one will argue the cars ability. 505hp and acceleration numbers comparable to the aptly powered Ford GT. however, look at the description of this car in road/track car/driver. how many times have you read "this car does 0-60 under 4 seconds, thats super car territory!" supercar territory? so i guess........despite everything, this car is still a sports car?

i mean, even the almost $100k M5 doesnt get a supercar title, despite, once again, hitting that 500hp mark from nothing else than a monstrous v-10. in this months car and driver, its touted as a very fast sedan with "a super car v-10"

i think super cars are cars that were originally designed as supercars. the 430 is a replacement for the 360, which was a replacement for the 355 and so one. were any of these cars supercars? no. they were very very fast, very exclusive sports cars. the F40s, F50s, Enzos were supercars. why? because thats what they were conceived as from inception. M5, replacement. Z06, replacement. 430, replacement. like someone mentioned, its not the numbers that make a supercar, its so much more. unfortunately, one of these factors is price. few supercars under $200k.

but then what about the GT2? is that not a supercar? or still a sportscar? sure it isnt a CGT, but before the CGT was even in the public eye, what would you have considered the GT2? the GT3 is a track car, the GT1 is a race car, whats the GT2?

and finally, if the pagani, the koenigsegg, and the carrera are super cars. then what the fuck is a hyper car? haha. McF1? 16.4?

i need some advil........[/i]

taygunho
12-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I think F430 is a fast sportscar. Because I agree with f1legend:
To me a supercar is a road legal car, that comes as close to a race car as possible, while still being a perfectly drivable every day car
I think supercars must be designed for to be unique. F40 F50 and Enzo is a supercar and also konenigsegg and veyron is a supercar.
@ IgotWRXed whats the GT2? I think it is a fast sportscar too

StanAE86
12-27-2005, 07:40 PM
What about my old Subaru Forester? :lol:

JoeHahn
12-27-2005, 08:00 PM
What about my old Subaru Forester? :lol:

Truck :)

StanAE86
12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I think it was a SuperDUPER car!

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/5742/11my.th.jpg (http://img322.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11my.jpg) http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/7403/29mb.th.jpg (http://img322.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29mb.jpg)

I agree. I think the term "supercar" is thrown around a little too lightly these days. I think a car can have excellent and impressive performance figures, but to actually be a supercar, has an exclusivity to them...something that is unique and longed after. The F430 is an excellent car, but it's not a supercar. A Zonda is a super car. The Veyron, McLaren F1, Enzo...those are supercars...

My own warped opinion.