PDA

View Full Version : Song sites face legal crackdown

|Nuno|
12-21-2005, 06:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

This is so stupid I don't even know what to say... :|

racer_f50
12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Agreed, that's total bullshit. Tabs and lyrics illegal? It's not like people are hacking into band computers and stealing this info, they're simply listening to the songs and writing stuff down :?

graywolf624
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess I better download all the guitar tabs and save them to my hd soon.

SFDMALEX
12-21-2005, 08:17 PM
This is retarted. I cant get a lot of tabs anymore........Half the stuff I play doesnt even have tab books......

Anonymous
12-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Guess it will all just go underground to P2P then, how do you expect to inspire new musicians with rigid profiteering and copyright clampdowns like this :bah: more bad press for the music industry after the sony copy protection PR disaster.

graywolf624
12-21-2005, 08:26 PM
^^Have you seen what they call musicians nowadays? Im not sure inspiring new musicians is all that important when the top sellers are people like the lipsyncer.

Anonymous
12-21-2005, 08:28 PM
^^Have you seen what they call musicians nowadays? Im not sure inspiring new musicians is all that important when the top sellers are people like the lipsyncer.

doesn't mean there aren't good ones out there, its good to find some great band that aren't that popualr with the sheep ;-)

graywolf624
12-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah but the music industry, the ones doing the crackdown, dont make money off them.. ;)

ZfrkS62
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
if this gets passed, kiss the lyric sheets in the linear notes goodbye. And i'm sure Guitar World is thinking "oh fuck" as well.

nthfinity
12-21-2005, 10:43 PM
well.... looks like im going to have to d/l a bunch of tabulature soon myself...

first... tabs are almost never accurate... but they cirtainly give a good idea on how to play a lick, rythm, or riff... and the other 60% is upto the player to figure out the rest...

im generally one of the guys who learns by sound how to play... but some more excentric music i listen to is a little hard to catch 100% w/out the aid of faulty tabs.

i also buy the music books (also often wrong) of my favorite bands on ocassion (Randy Roads/SRV/Led Zeppelin)

meh... thats why i see the future of the music industry in bands like Ekoostic Hookah who promote the sharing of everything... pictures/DVD bootlegs, music bootlegs etc.... money may not be there as much, but the support definately is