PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Movie (1986)

HeilSvenska
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Ahhh yes. Those were the good old days, when exact replicas of pistols were considered great gifts for children.

It had a marvellous cast including Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Judd Nelson, Casey Kasem, and the Voice God himself, Frank Welker.

The plot wasn't bad at all. You know, a world in danger, a hero in need, etc...

What's so great about this movie, though, is the violence! So many beloved Transformers die in that movie, including, yup, Optimus Prime himself. And they die in such terrible ways. Many robots die from being eaten by the planet-sized(:shock:) transformer Unicron. Megatron kills some Autobots including Ironhide, whose head gets shot and blown up! (quite traumatic for little kids) Many more get melted alive inside Unicron's stomach. So yes. Ultra-violent. Not least because Megatron's alternative form is a very very realistic replica of Walther P38 handgun.

And I forgot. It also had a sequence where the human character Spike says "Shit" over and over.

Toronto
12-20-2005, 05:23 PM
ha, i think I have this on vhs somewhere, the unicron one was the 2nd one I think, the first was the one with the white optimus prime?

SPEEDCORE
12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Ahhh yes. Those were the good old days, when exact replicas of pistols were considered great gifts for children.

Actually where I live Megatron was banned from sale. Tho some kid at skool came back from USA or whereever and had one haha.

I wasnt a fan of the movie cause of what happened to Optimus :( but later series he comes back soo all is good again :)

SafirXP
12-30-2005, 02:14 PM
got a copy! :D

still love it, the soundtrack was pretty good too!

oldsnail
01-01-2006, 02:28 AM
i just remebmer the unicron/hot rod one.. this is making me curious

saadie
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
yep .. still have the movie on vhs ..... that movie is just awsome ther soundtrack is amazing and the story line rocks ..... i still remember waking up at 4 am just to wach the smaller 30 min episodes lol :lol:

Sachmo12345
01-17-2006, 01:33 AM
ive got it on DVD great kids cartoon

redracer
01-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Is there no way we can see some footage of this, I used to watch it all the time as a kid.

CC2
03-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Man it was awesome when Hot Rod turned into Rodimus Prime.

redracer
03-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Anyone been able to rip a few mins of the show yet ?

Minacious
03-07-2006, 03:53 AM
I am probably the biggest Original Transformers fan here. I have every episode of the original series (including the movie) sitting on one of my drives.

There was only one movie for the original series.

Toronto, the Unicron one was the only movie. The White Prime you are thinking of is Ultra Magnus. He had the Matrix Of Power for a short time.

redracer, If I get some time I'll rip a few of the key scenes from the movie.

redracer
03-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Minacious - Please do when you get time. I am sure we all would appreciate it :wink:

HeilSvenska
03-07-2006, 04:38 AM
I am probably the biggest Original Transformers fan here. I have every episode of the original series (including the movie) sitting on one of my drives.

Yup. I had nearly all of the episodes at least once on my drive, but I don't have much space, so...

r2r
03-07-2006, 05:43 AM
I used to watch it all the time, one of my favorite cartoons if not the favorite.

Mattk
03-07-2006, 07:42 AM
I've never watched/owned anything to do with The Transformers. Maybe a cartoon here and there...