PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 6

System
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6996/05mazda6s54cp.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05mazda6s54cp.jpg)

LotusGT1
12-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Uncool. Bland, very bland.

5vz-fe
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Cool......I think it's pretty good looking in its class

TransAm
12-15-2005, 12:49 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzz

nthfinity
12-15-2005, 01:08 PM
a great platform built in a great plant (Flat Rock MI) unfortunately, tis FWD... but still a good chassis

LotusGT1
12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh, the car is good. However that has nothing to do with coolness...

garybb
12-15-2005, 02:05 PM
not cool

graywolf624
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Cool.. I own one afterall.

Plus for a fwd car its fun to drive... In other words, for the market segment its cool, cause everything else in the mid size sedan segment for under 30k is boring.

Erez
12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
uncool.. I dont like anything about this car.. and every 2nd car on the road is this or the 3.. :bad:

LotusGT1
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Kinda surprising this car actually made it to the cool part of the wall :o

Banchi105
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I almost purchased one, but instead purchased my Maxima. A fun car to drive and an above average handler for its segment - not too mention its Maxima-Bashing good looks!

Cool!

No.1
01-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Better looking than a mondeo - and Zoom Zoom Zoom! :P

Uncool though :wink:

crayzayjay
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Good looking car, it drives very well, but there isn't really anything cool about it. It's not particularly uncool but since there's no middle ground between cool and uncool, that's where it lands.

chest3r
01-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Cool!!

It looks nice and it's a good car :wink:

Banchi105
01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Good looking car, it drives very well, but there isn't really anything cool about it. It's not particularly uncool but since there's no middle ground between cool and uncool, that's where it lands.

It could be a Taurus! :lol:

Vansquish
01-13-2006, 02:44 AM

I hope you're not serious. The Taurus was a pig to drive. Slow, squishy, wallowy, it drove like the boat it was. The 6 is actually a pretty refined vehicle for the price. It's got a stylish exterior (esp. in sport guise), decent interior with good sound system (Bose esp.). It handles well, has a nice-sounding engine with decent top end performance and a creamy smooth character. It's equally at home wafting along on the highway at superlegal speeds or bombing along a back country road, carving out the esses. Definitely Cool.

AlienDB7
01-13-2006, 06:41 AM
For its price, it's probably one of the more refined and fun cars in the segment. After test driving it (the sport hatch model) last year, I've been using it as a benchmark for other FWD mid-sized cars. Somehow they managed to get the steering and brake pedal feel just right. Most other cars from japanese manufacturers tend to have steering that's too light and/or spongy brakes... not this mazda.

The only thing I don't like... its 2.3L engine. A little bit on the weak side, revv happy but could use a little bit more torque. Have to try the 3L V6 sometime :wink:

Banchi105
01-13-2006, 11:41 AM

I hope you're not serious. The Taurus was a pig to drive. Slow, squishy, wallowy, it drove like the boat it was. The 6 is actually a pretty refined vehicle for the price. It's got a stylish exterior (esp. in sport guise), decent interior with good sound system (Bose esp.). It handles well, has a nice-sounding engine with decent top end performance and a creamy smooth character. It's equally at home wafting along on the highway at superlegal speeds or bombing along a back country road, carving out the esses. Definitely Cool.

I was referring to crayzayjay's statement and meant my response in the manner of "at least its not a taurus."

The Mazda 6 is one of the few people transport type cars with a sporting nature. You get a decent engine combined with a manual transmission. Throw that in with pretty darn good fwd handling and you have a fun to drive sedan. The Mazda 6 was the car I had set out to buy, but in the end I traded handling for the mesmerizing power of the VQ35 engine. :twisted:

Vansquish
01-13-2006, 05:25 PM

I was referring to crayzayjay's statement and meant my response in the manner of "at least its not a taurus."

The Mazda 6 is one of the few people transport type cars with a sporting nature. You get a decent engine combined with a manual transmission. Throw that in with pretty darn good fwd handling and you have a fun to drive sedan. The Mazda 6 was the car I had set out to buy, but in the end I traded handling for the mesmerizing power of the VQ35 engine. :twisted:

Have to admit I'm tempted by the VQ35 as well, but only really in the 350Z. In its FWD applications (Maxima/Altima) I think it's a bit too much power to be going through the front wheels with unequal-length halfshafts as the torque steer can be pretty intense in my experience. I never had that problem in the 2 6's we leased, and I kind of like the 6's styling a bit better too. Either way, both are great fun, practical, and safe...where can you go wrong!? :-D

stmoritzer
01-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh, the car is good. However that has nothing to do with coolness...

second that

LotusGT1
01-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Can somebody tip this car to uncoolness ?? :lol:

taygunho
11-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Uncool.

tony
04-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Uncool. Sales rep car.

T-Bird
04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I like our shop car it's a speed6 made in Japan not the Michigan plant. AWD turbo is fun to drive. So far we are at roughly 330awhp and 400awtq. I know a few people with various regular 6's and they are fun to throw around especially in a 5-speed in either engine package.

HeilSvenska
04-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Never heard of it.

Wait, I voted for it already, but I don't know what I voted for...

Mattk
04-12-2008, 12:24 PM
This thread is so old that the new model has been released already.