PDA

View Full Version : teletubis

a007apl
12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
:2gunfire: :slap: :sleeping: :bad-words: :drinking: :snipersmile: :spaz: :lame: :bye:

blinkmeat
12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
so you're a drug addict then? :lol:

Mattk
12-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Ah, them. I'm glad my childhood was not tainted by those mentally retarded poofs.

SFDMALEX
01-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Well when I was growing up I never saw this shit, I turned out good, so I wont show it to my kids either :)

redbaron
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I like watching teletubbies when I just get out of bed, because you don't have to think at all when you're watching them.

And no I am not addicted to drugs and no gay, despite coming from Holland :wink:

gigdy
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Tinky Winky pwns joo.

saadie
01-10-2006, 10:08 AM
^^ lmfao ..... :rflmao:
imo psa with DFP will do the work better :P .... hehe :mrgreen:

btw im with you danny .... i hate teletubis .... the are like the lames pos ever ... sesame street is a hell lot better :P

MIHALS
01-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I just HATE them... :puke: :smilecolors:

You'll hate them until you have kids. :D Then you'll notice that it's like drug to them and you can have a little time for yourself and for your wife/girl when you put a Teletubbies in the vcr or dvd. Kids wil stay clued to the screen for one hour. Eventually you'll love Teletubbies. :D

I prefer to buy them a PS2 with the GT4 and a Driving Force steering wheel or whatever is called :P

... with the Teletubbies there is very high risk for them to become gay :wink: j/k

Seriously - I know what you mean... my parents allways let me sitting in front of the TV with Sesame Street :D

Do you know what your parents did while you were watching the telly? :wink: I understand lots of mysterious things from my childhood nowadays :lol:

Considering I have two younger brothers... yeps - I have an idea... :P :wink:

so does it means > NO teletubies - NO sex??? :shock:

I have to buy all of those DVDs before my first baby is born :lol:

graywolf624
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I think its story time..
Rewind to my Freshmen year in college.... A young graywolf moved into a 4 person dorm room. All the sleeping quarters and 2 of the guys computers were in one room. Graywolf's computer, someone elses, and the community room was in another. Anyway, I didn't get along with that someone else all that well.. But besides that point the guy was seriously screwed in the head.

This 18 year old male had a toy teletubbie that talked when you pulled the cord (It was red, to hell if I know the names). This disturbed individual slept with said object. Also on several occassions when he came home drunk late I heard him from the other room talking to said teletubbie. And I quote 'Your the only one that loves me (I can't remember the name.. tinky something other).'
He also watched the show, and on the one occassion he came home high he played with the blinds in our room in the dark for about 3 hrs... tapped them with his hand and laughed.

Anyway, he pissed me off one night, the only person to ever make me lose it, and I punched my fist against the wall (Didn't touch him, outside of wrestling I havent been agressive towards anyone since I was in middle school).. As a result he ran to the person in charge and said he was afraid of me. (Another exact quote: Im afraid he'll sneak up behind me and hit me while I brush my teeth) They moved him to a different room and I didnt see him again.. lol

SFDMALEX
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Well when I was growing up I never saw this shit, I turned out good, so I wont show it to my kids either :)

Write that again when you have had your kids. :D I know the series is shit and that one of the Tubbies is gayish, but still it is so easy to sometimes put them on and never minding the kid for a while. Luckily it's not the only kids show that works like that, but it is one of the best.

My kids will be watching history channel growing up mate :wink:

RC45
01-10-2006, 10:31 PM

Write that again when you have had your kids. :D I know the series is shit and that one of the Tubbies is gayish, but still it is so easy to sometimes put them on and never minding the kid for a while. Luckily it's not the only kids show that works like that, but it is one of the best.

My kids will be watching history channel growing up mate :wink:

I concur.

My daughter was exposed to books at a very early age - and by 2 and a half was able to keep herself occupied with magnetic letters, blocks, Dr Seuss books etc.

By 3 seh had taught herself to read.

At 7 years old she can watch TV, play video games, read a Weather Field Guide, Insects & Spiders Field guide, read TinTin or Asterix, read The Presidents of the USA, read Ocean Creatures of the North Altantic and even enjoy a Jug Head/Archie comic digest - hell she has already read Little Women, Wizard of Oz and Treasure Island.

TV is something she is not addicted to, but enjoys and appreciates - even to asking to watch something less violent/poofta/childish as her moods changes ;)

If at all possible try not to stiffle your childs creativity with braindead TV :P ;) hehe

sameerrao
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
At 12 she will be driving a Z06 at the rate at which she is progressing :)

I used to do a lot of reading as a kid - gave me glasses but I had a great time :)

SFDMALEX
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
/\/\/\Man that just brought a smile to my face. :D

sameerrao
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I will outsource my child's earlier years to RC ... (s)he will grow up right ... though might have an obsession about the bow-tie cars :)

RC45
01-10-2006, 10:49 PM
At 12 she will be driving a Z06 at the rate at which she is progressing :)

I used to do a lot of reading as a kid - gave me glasses but I had a great time :)

Well - she raced and beat her first SVT Cobra at 4 ;) -- she's one of the few people I know that can read TinTin and hold on to a Slurpie at a buck twenty... ;) :P

graywolf624
01-10-2006, 11:05 PM
^So when you starting her in karting?

Mattk
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
She's probably started already.

Why do kids like this Teletubbies shit?

Mattk
02-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Fair enough. But no substance. I would think that once these kids figure out how to talk coherently, they'd start thinking "This sucks" and stop watching, but that doesn't seem to be the case.