PDA

View Full Version : STIG Drove the Veyron!!

Anonymous
12-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Bugatti Veyron

It started as an off-the-cuff comment by VW boss Ferdinand Piëch about how great it would be to make a car that could do 400kph and had a 1000 horsepower. The Veyron has managed to achieve the impossible; a car so good even Jeremy couldn't find fault with it. It's so good, the Stig cried after driving it.

Fingers crossed he really did drive it and it will be in the next episode!! :D

stmoritzer
12-12-2005, 08:05 AM
pleeeeaaassseeee make it real !
can't wait to see it :drool:

yg60m
12-12-2005, 08:06 AM
That would be an incredible surprise !! :D Fingers crossed !!

Anonymous
12-12-2005, 08:17 AM
The Bad bit is we have to wait till the 27th to find out! :lol:

saadie
12-12-2005, 08:21 AM
yep .. i noticed that on the topgear site when the program was running on tv ....

btw ... everyone at the studio drives every car ... soo it dosnt really men that stiggy really did a lap ..... imo in the forth comming episode ..... veyron will be compared to some car which hasnt been on the topgear track .... hope its the macca 0X

Anonymous
12-12-2005, 09:50 AM
yep .. i noticed that on the topgear site when the program was running on tv ....

btw ... everyone at the studio drives every car ... soo it dosnt really men that stiggy really did a lap ..... imo in the forth comming episode ..... veyron will be compared to some car which hasnt been on the topgear track .... hope its the macca 0X

Oh yeah so why didn't you post it in that thread yesterday :roll: And Mr "inside Knowledge" I highly doubt "everyone drives every car". Do you honestly believe they film it all at the same time and nobody has anything else to do? :roll: Certainly I doubt if Stig had a lap in it they would not film it anyway.

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
He prollly did a lap, but it was slow! :wink:

saadie
12-12-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah .... but i dont see macca's laptime on the board :wink:

saadie
12-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah so why didn't you post it in that thread yesterday :roll: And Mr "inside Knowledge" I highly doubt "everyone drives every car". Do you honestly believe they film it all at the same time and nobody has anything else to do? :roll: Certainly I doubt if Stig had a lap in it they would not film it anyway.

because the program was running on tv and i wasnt sure if they meant "THE LAP" ......:roll:
you cant really bring a veyron any or every time you want .. soo i bet everyone wanted to have a go at it .... and everyone prolly did ....

and anyway ... JC always hates the macca right ..... now hes found somehting that is alot better then the macca ... soo he just might bring it to the track and prove that it isnt good enough ... one way or the other ... once and for all .. jc style :d ...

@ isnane ..... when they revied the cl65 .. they didnt do a laptime ..... the did it late in the series because they were getting alot of requests ..... which shows ... a laptime is more inportant then the review ... in a way ... :roll:

dutchmasterflex
12-12-2005, 11:22 AM
haha.. so good it made the stig cry.. thats a good one..

HOPEFULLY, there is a track appearence somewhere in the rest of the series :D

maduro
12-12-2005, 11:40 AM
but i knw.. that stig drove veyron last week.. and did fasster than evrything.. :d :d

alanw89
12-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I dont think there will be a lap. I'm sure i read somewhere that the stig was the one who drove the veyron back to italy after the race. But i could be wrong.

saadie
12-12-2005, 02:12 PM
... you missunderstood me ....
what i mean by on the "topgear track" is the laptime ..... :)
and anyway .. if it isnt that macca ... then i dont see any other competitors :roll: ...

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
/\/\/\Ahh I bet you the Enzo was faster around that track then the Macca. Think mate think, think why it would be slow around the track ;) And just so you know the Macca is already outgunned by the likes of Zonda F, CGT and Enzo ;)

Oh and mate, punctuation is your best friend ;)

Jabba
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
/\/\/\Ahh I bet you the Enzo was faster around that track then the Macca. Think mate think, think why it would be slow around the track ;) And just so you know the Macca is already outgunned by the likes of Zonda F, CGT and Enzo ;)

Oh and mate, punctuation is your best friend ;)

Great post..Stig that in your pipe and smoke it as they say 8)

saadie
12-12-2005, 03:03 PM
good point ... but all of them have been on the track .... :P

anyway .. lets just wait and hope they show the veyron's lap later in the series :roll:

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
/\/\/\They wont :wink: You know why? Because it didnt lap faster then either the MC12 nor did it beat the Enzo, and that will make JCs "Best car...fastests car....in the world statements look bad ;)

As someone said once, its the king of the autobahn, not the track :wink:

1000bhp, turbo driven power at that, in a heavy ass car like that...I bet it laps as fast as the 575 ;)

Sorry to dissapoint you mate :wink:

saadie
12-12-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah possibly true :?.....
lol @ the last sentence .... i was just desperate to see it do the lap ... i dont really love it or anyhting lol :mrgreen:

RC45
12-12-2005, 04:09 PM
The Stig cried because the great big fat whale of a car oversteered into the tyre wall and he has to pay for the repairs with deductions fom his pay cheque... the word around the water cooler is that he will be paid up by March 2065... ;) :P

If it had completed a lap, it would have been slower than an autostick Boxster. ;)

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
whale

Thats a great way to describe this car :) It's impressive how nature can produce something like a whale, same as its impressive that they can make something like the Veyron...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.

saadie
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.

:lol: :lol:

gobs3z
12-12-2005, 05:02 PM
whale

Thats a great way to describe this car :) It's impressive how nature can produce something like a whale, same as its impressive that they can make something like the Veyron...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.

I'm not sure i've seen this much ignorance in awhile, and if you even thought logically, the fact that it runs 0-60 in 2.5 seconds shows that the speed alone would beat the Zonda F even if it is sluggish in the turns. You don't understand that in a straight line it's as a fast as an F1 car(bold statement but true). It would turn worse than a Zonda or a Ferrari, but it's still a sports car with great downforce and 4WD. Stop being in denial and just take the car for what it is and it's a marvel in technology. Take your nose out of the Ferrari's exhaust and just be happy that a company was willing to lose millions of dollars just to push the barriers of technology, you should be thanking VW for this and not bashing it.

RC45
12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
whale

I'm not sure i've seen this much ignorance in awhile, and if you even thought logically, the fact that it runs 0-60 in 2.5 seconds shows that the speed alone would beat the Zonda F even if it is sluggish in the turns. You don't understand that in a straight line it's as a fast as an F1 car(bold statement but true). It would turn worse than a Zonda or a Ferrari, but it's still a sports car with great downforce and 4WD. Stop being in denial and just take the car for what it is and it's a marvel in technology. Take your nose out of the Ferrari's exhaust and just be happy that a company was willing to lose millions of dollars just to push the barriers of technology, you should be thanking VW for this and not bashing it.

Well - a Sperm whale for example can swim pretty quickly - desn't mean that just because it can ram a Great White it's the better predator... ;)

The car is a complete lump of crap. :P

gobs3z
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
whale

Well - a Sperm whale for example can swim pretty quickly - desn't mean that just because it can ram a Great White it's the better predator... ;)

The car is a complete lump of crap. :P

Great White vs. Sperm Whale (knobs in sperm whale interior worth more
than whole Great White, Priceless...) :wink:

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
whale

Ignorance? Let's just say, I know something else that you dont and I cant really talk about it. :wink:

And just for arguments sake, a bike can do 2.5 knot to sixty aswel.

martin100
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
^^^ It might slightly slower in the corners than IE Enzo or Zonda F, but on the straights it would simply blow them away. Why do you all hate this engineering masterpiece :mrgreen:

SFDMALEX
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
^^^ It might slightly slower in the corners than IE Enzo or Zonda F, but on the straights it would simply blow them away. Why do you all hate this engineering masterpiece :mrgreen:

I know something you dont :wink:

ice
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
As great an engineering marvel the Veyron is, it is not a race car on the same level as the pagani or Enzo. Sure, it may be quicker than an F1 car (then again, F1 cars are not geared to make a headline 0-60 number like the Bugatti is, only to hype up and justify the millions of dollars in losses that it took to build it), but what makes F1 cars so fast on a track is thier low weight, ridiculously high cornering speeds and thier braking abilities. THese characteristics the Bugatti doesnt have, and i believe a time around what an F430 or 911 turbo would do around the track would be a GOOD result for it.

Once on a track, accelerating from corner to corner, the huge power difference between the veyron and the others would be mostly neutralized, especially due to the supposed turbo lag that Murray was so happy to point out.

LotusGT1
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
It's not really an accomplishment to reach 1000hp with a quad-turbo V16. I don't really see how this is such a masterpiece...

golfiste
01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
lotus gt1 common it's a masterpiece you know why cause they vw are the first manufacturer to realize something like that

LotusGT1
01-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Ok, they built an overcooked TT with a blown engine and are able to sell it for $1 mill., I'll give you that, that's pretty unique :)

bmagni
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Ok, they built an overcooked TT with a blown engine and are able to sell it for $1 mill., I'll give you that, that's pretty unique :)

you forgot +400 kph - done (in the 30's)

bmagni
01-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Not by somethin road legal however. And if you say the Veyron really isn't an achivement, since "it's all been done before", then the other supercars such as the Enzo are even less of an achivement.

Different points of view.
The thing is that reaching 400 kph with a 1000hp engine, doesn't quite amaze me... on the other hand the DSG is quite cool and impressive...
Also the Enzo does have something special, great handling without great wings... unlike lets say... the McLaren F1.

5vz-fe
01-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Not by somethin road legal however. And if you say the Veyron really isn't an achivement, since "it's all been done before", then the other supercars such as the Enzo are even less of an achivement.

I don't think there's much about road legalness in 1930 :P~ my best bet is that the car back then is also road legal. (ps. I am netural in this, just wanna point this out that's all lol)

Banchi105
01-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Did the stig ever drive this or not?

Banchi105
01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok thanks. I was really worried that somehow I missed it. :|

Honda_PoD
02-03-2006, 11:34 PM
has the stig lapped the Mclaren F1? i know they have had it on the show but what was the lap time if any?

lamid
02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
the veyron in the top gear studio was a prototype clarkson only got to borrow the car to do the race with hammond and may it was in the driving section of the sunday times saying that the reason it did not go round the track was because it was not a real car

Pokiou
05-08-2006, 11:02 PM
whats the MACCA ??

nthfinity
05-08-2006, 11:21 PM
has the stig lapped the Mclaren F1? i know they have had it on the show but what was the lap time if any?
it has been recorded; but who knows it will be broadcast

it was Nick Masons McLaren aka macca F1 LM or something... 1:17.4

yg60m
05-09-2006, 12:20 AM

:?: ?!? Did I miss this episode ? I don't remember the MACCA being recorded ... :?

saadie
05-09-2006, 12:27 AM
macca never did a lap :| ..

it was reviewed back in tiff's time .... it was brought back for some shots in the ferrari enzo eppisode ... but i dont remember it doind the lapp ..... :|

nthfinity
05-09-2006, 12:28 AM

:?: ?!? Did I miss this episode ? I don't remember the MACCA being recorded ... :?

no yann, you didn't miss a beat... the feature was recorded last fall to my knowledge; but even if the footage does get broadcast, Jeremey wont likely put it on the leader board; since its tires aren't 1995 spec tires it originally had.

yg60m
05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks for reassuring me nthfinity :wink: For a second I had a doubt :|
So series 9 will be promising :P :wink: