PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT

System
11-30-2005, 09:51 AM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4531/fordgt5wi.th.jpg (http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fordgt5wi.jpg)

Chaos in 1983!
11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.

Erez
11-30-2005, 11:24 AM
well the GT40 is a subzero.. the GT gets a very very cool vote from me.. (cooler then a 360..)

nthfinity
11-30-2005, 11:26 AM
i voted sub-zero

why?
first, its the fastest car i have ever driven... and mabey ever will drive (tho i hope not... but there are only a handful of em that are faster... all but 3 of them i desire)
its got the looks of a historic winning race car
its faster then the race car
its terreibly impractical
its easy to drive
SOOOOO MUUUUUCH POWWWER
its the perfect driving position
its a drivers' car, no electronic nannies
"the way ferrari used to make cars"
this car will steal the attention away from any other supercar
people will drive 100mph+ on the highway to get a second glimps of this car
Its the way America does a supercar (some say its wrong, but look at the original)
i've never met a dick-head owner :-D
i could go on, and on... this car is simply AMAZING!!!!!

i prolly should've voted cool, since thats where it will end up... but thats now how i feel about this landmark Ford street car.

it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.
4mpg... 17 gallons... 15.7 laps of Spa... going flat out, my estimate is this would be about 50 minuites :wink:

tigerx
11-30-2005, 11:38 AM
subzero for me why:

- look drop dead gorgeous
- rich heritage
- price
- power
- JC own one
- i want one
- The best american supercar.

TT
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM
IMO they went too far in their revival try.. ok to create a car replicating the lines of the original, but they just overdid, almost creating an identical car :bah:
Still desirable, but uncool

|Nuno|
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.

mindgam3
11-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.

My thoughts exactly

If you've ever seen the original and this side by side, you know which one is sub zero and which is uncool ;)

The original looks low, sleek and super fast.

The new one looks bulky and cartoon like in comparison

raphaelws
11-30-2005, 09:32 PM
seriously uncool

1- Ugly
2- Too wide
3- 4 miles to gallon
4- The door has a 'roof'

SilviaEvo
11-30-2005, 11:09 PM
id say cool thats it

RAMMIUS
12-01-2005, 06:50 AM
I like the design , but the engineering it`s just :lol: :lol: :lol:

sentra_dude
12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Very, very cool, but not sub-zero.

Why is the mpg such a big deal? :?

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool. :|

Anonymous
12-01-2005, 12:08 PM

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool. :|

Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking ;-) Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Zot09
12-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking ;-) Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

1) The styling is copied from the original waaaayyyyyy too much. At least add a little bit of creativty Ford!!
2) Due to this lack of creativity, I think the car has no soul. It doesn't show the hard work and passion that is supposed to go into a super car.
3) It's a Ford, sorry. A few of my friends drive Fords(Focus, Mustang, etc) and I am not impressed at all by their quality. I'm sure the GT is different from the Mustang in terms of quality, but...well, I don't know what I am trying to say.
:lol:

Anonymous
12-01-2005, 01:20 PM

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

He GAVE it back to ford for a refund. He wouldn't sell it on the open market as he basically got one because he is Jeremy Clarkson, didn't want to make a profit on it, against his ethics and all that.
He then bought it back, don't know if it was from ford or a private dealer (it was offered at a dealer for a while) if it was from a dealer it probably cost him a hefty sum extra :lol:

taygunho
12-01-2005, 06:12 PM
More than cool less than subzero for me. I voted cool. But GT40 would be subzero IMO.

chest3r
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Cool!!

Mainly because it's a good alternative to Ferrari's and Lambo's, but just because of that.

graywolf624
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
cool, but not subzero as its not original.

Ford Capri 2.8i
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I voted it cool simply because it isnt as well sorted in terms of suspensions or brakes as the Merc SLR, the 430 or the Carrera GT are....it doesnt make me feel as i was in an european supercar; apart from this little disadvantage, i dont have any complaint about the cars shape, interior, engine....except for one little thing; i wish it had maintained the original GT40s size, despite the lack of room

5.7 V10
12-03-2005, 07:00 PM
cool, but not subzero as its not original.

I'd agree;

I'd perfer the engine was a little more attractive..

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pictures/Cars/ford/gt/ford_gt-11.jpg

so_innocent
12-27-2005, 05:47 AM
cool, but not subzero as it's just a copy of the original. still won't mind one though, what a gorgeous styling

irrational_i
01-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Uncool.
It is still a kit-car replica for me. SZ for original obviously.

pzgren
01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
it can't be subzero because it's replica of a subzero... but they did a good job anyway with this car

bmagni
01-31-2006, 02:13 PM
its nothing but an old car made modern... literally... seriously uncool, it has nothing special

crayzayjay
02-01-2006, 09:02 PM
First vote!! :lol:

Why have I voted 'cool'? Because at the Geneva show this year, in the Ford stand, there was a GT in front of the original GT40... and well - the 'old' one was lower, wider, and more muscular - that's the one which deserves the 'subzero'... and that's why this re-make only gets the 'cool' rating :D
Agree

ae86_16v
03-06-2006, 03:57 AM
One of the few retro car styling that actually works! The Original GT40 was about 40 years ahead of it's time. That is worth the Cool rating alone, but because of its performance, definitely a plus.

Sub-Zero for sure!

kach22i
08-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Sub zero for me, this crate rocks - the original even more so. Heck even the kits car versions are SZ for me.

Dubai
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
i voted sub-zero

:D

Cutmore
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I give it a cool, mainly because i think it looks superb. I think I have only only seen one up close, and boy I loved it. One of the greatest cars I have ever set my eyes on. But still I have never been a fan of American cars, they just apear over the top to me. So originally I would have said Subzero, if it came down to looks, but all round I say cool :-)

philip
06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Subzero.

Yeah its a replica of a GT40, but its made by Ford, so it makes it ok.

As far as the real ones, all you see now are replicas anyway. If someone has a real GT40 they dont race or show it. They show or race a replica and figure you cant tell the difference. At the Monterrey Historics this year all the GT40's were replicas.

Only thing I dont like is the big ass speaker between the seats.

F250
06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
[How the heck do you delete a post?

F250
06-08-2008, 09:31 PM

It gets 4 mpg sideways smoking its tires with Jeremy Clarkson screaming, "Powerrrrr!" The tires are completely worn out before it runs out of fuel. This type of screwing around DOES NOT approximate racing or track day performance.

Under similar conditions, a Golf GTI gets 9.5 mpg.

Joseferrari
04-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Ford gt Is cool and it shows what ford can do from making trucks to a sport car ford is seting the bar

10000rpmlover
04-04-2009, 01:43 AM
as a fan of the original "ferrari killer" the ford GT is total sex and anyone who does not think so needs to go look down there and figure out where their bollocks have gone. The ford GT is subzero and I don't care if it has bad mpg, if you ever buy one I doubt you'll be worried about that