PDA

View Full Version : SBS Australia to show Top Gear??

Aus240
11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey guys just stumbled across this site and i just love it.
Anyway watching Mythbusters last night on SBS and at the end of the show the voice over guy mention Top Gear comming to SBS. finaly a decent car show on free to air :D . Did anyone else chatch this??

spanky
11-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I turned myth busters over just before the end so i missed it. Did they give many details?

Aus240
11-28-2005, 09:14 PM
monday nights I think he said, maybe to replace mythbusters at the end of the series??

SPEEDCORE
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Yeah I read about this afew weeks ago and it starts on the 12th of December, 7.30pm. :D

spanky
11-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah I read about this afew weeks ago and it starts on the 12th of December, 7.30pm.

Hears hoping!!! Finally have top gear on TV. I wonder if they will start at season 1?
hehehehe :shock:

dingo
11-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Not really fussed personally - they will surely be old episodes that we've all seen.

I will still rely on JW for my Top Gear fix every week - instead of waiting 3yrs I get it the next day. :D

sikx5
11-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Its on foxtel too, on BBC.

Aus240
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Did you guys catch the drive tv attempt at top gear?? It wasn't a bad show but after seing top gear and the attempts to copy the show realy spoilt it for me. like having chip instead of the stig.

spanky
11-29-2005, 07:06 PM

Yeah its on foxtel accept have you noticed half the time its on in the middle of the night??? Whats with that? Or am I only seeing reruns? hehehe :roll:

SPEEDCORE
11-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah I read about this afew weeks ago and it starts on the 12th of December, 7.30pm.

Hears hoping!!! Finally have top gear on TV. I wonder if they will start at season 1?
hehehehe :shock:
That time is from the SBS website soo no hoping ;)

From what I have read they will start with Season 5 and then goto Season 8. Others rekon Season 6.

I get TG from the scene, soo it doesnt matter what they show, cause Im upto date haha, but its great they put this on, to put some ozzie journos in their places :P

spanky
11-29-2005, 11:45 PM
I get TG from the scene, soo it doesnt matter what they show, cause Im upto date haha, but its great they put this on, to put some ozzie journos in their places

I know the ozzie journo's should sit and watch how its supposed to be done. Their "drive" & "the car show" tv shows were boring boring boring.

sikx5
11-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Did you guys catch the drive tv attempt at top gear?? It wasn't a bad show but after seing top gear and the attempts to copy the show realy spoilt it for me. like having chip instead of the stig.

hahaha yeah i agree, esp the tank vs RR sport, that was a really shotty attempt there!

Yeah its on foxtel accept have you noticed half the time its on in the middle of the night??? Whats with that? Or am I only seeing reruns? hehehe :roll:

Cant quite remember, during peak hour TV they used to have it on BBC or BBC2 i think.

N.J.
12-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Yep - Got back late last night, walked past the telly and saw the ad too.

spanky
12-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Well it finally showed!!!! Was the Monaro episode fittingly too. hehehe

Well its great to be able to watch it on tv as well as getting it off JW!

Lookin forward to next week now :D