PDA

View Full Version : Maserati MC12

System
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.swisscarsightings.com/ferraridaych2005/thumbs/Maserati%20MC12%20141.jpg (http://www.swisscarsightings.com/ferraridaych2005/Maserati%20MC12%20141.jpg)

TT
11-25-2005, 01:42 PM
So, it was about time to talk about the MC12, a car that will for sure end up in the cool part, if not subzero, of our wall.
But you know what? It got an uncool from me. Why? LOL Well, IMO uncool is what is behind the whole MC12 idea: trying to go around the rules and build a car that will rule the FIA GT and produce the minimum of roadcars needed to make it legit, while as you all know, all the other cars taking part, while not many mass produced models, started their life as roadcars anyway, from which racing versions were derived.
So uncool it is.. basically that's the only supercar I never desired to spot.. then well, beside motorshows three or four of them happened to cross my way and I can't really say I am not touched by it's sheer exoticity :roll: but I need to be strong.. uncool, sorry :D

sameerrao
11-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Cool vote from me.

The MC12 will be forgotten in 10 years or so. I must say it looks awesome in the flesh though. Better than the Enzo

bmagni
11-25-2005, 02:00 PM
the looks are just beautiful and performance figures are really good, almost subzero

trying to go around the rules and build a car that will rule the FIA GT and produce the minimum of roadcars needed to make it legit

thats what the McF1 and 911 GT1 did too...

elbugalee
11-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Almost subzero

really looks better than a Enzo!

TT
11-25-2005, 02:04 PM
The F1 got indeed an uncool from me LOL, for other reasons, but still looking coherent.. we will see what will happen to the GT1 when it will be posted ;)

djv
11-25-2005, 02:37 PM
uncool.. a totally ridiculous car thats even less practical than the ferrari its based on, and ugly to boot.. an enzo in drag, it kinda reminds me of this ->

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/imagedump/9343.jpg

graywolf624
11-25-2005, 02:44 PM
sub zero. Sorry I think you guys are missing the point. For example:
thats even less practical than the ferrari its based on
That isnt the point.

The car is utterly goregeous, exotic, and just plain over the top. In other words at this time I think the mc12 is to supercars what the countach was in 1980. In other words its subzero today, though whether it will age well or end up like the countach now, is another question.

Mme Pompardour
11-25-2005, 03:18 PM
sub zero. Sorry I think you guys are missing the point. For example:
thats even less practical than the ferrari its based on
That isnt the point.

just because that isn't how you judge a cars coolness doesn't mean it isn't a reasonable judgement in helping to decide whether you think a car is cool or not... there are many things that contribute to whether a car is cool or not and sorry but actually being usuable is one of them for me

in this case by not practical I mean you could not drive one around here because its just too frickin big for our tiny roads, you'd forever live in fear of wiping a side out either against the 4' thick granite stone filled hedges or some numptie coming the other way not paying enough attention to squeeze over and leave you enough room..

therefore you could not enjoy driving it - therefore its not cool to me in that respect..

thats without going into it being a rebodied ferrari that looks like a dogs dinner, its not special because they couldn't even be arsed to design it from scratch, just stole a load of parts from ferrari and cobbled them together adding a few finishing touches like stupidly large bodywork (got overhang anyone?), and that rear wing - LOL how the heck is that utterly gorgeous, I see shit like that on the back of some riceboys bodykitted blinged out neoned up shitewagon every other day, so no, not cool IMO, and that is the whole point, IN MY OPINION , which is what this is all about, just because you judge a car a certain way and believe its cool don't expect anyone else to think the same way

graywolf624
11-25-2005, 03:20 PM
^I don't expect you to agree by any means especially design subjectivity.

Im just saying.. Supercars arent supposed to be practical in any way. Not even slightly. I mean look at the countach. You couldnt parallel park it if your life depended on it. Or the f40.. I love the f40, but you prolly couldnt get it over the speed bump to get into my development without putting it on the back of a tow truck. mac f1... it may have storage but I dont see it making over the speed bumps either, and even if you could youd park it somewhere and someone would key it.

manuf40
11-25-2005, 03:32 PM
sure.. but there are difference's between them and for me the mc12 crossed the line and ran away..

I know a f40/diablo/f1 et al aren't practical in many ways, but most are still fantastic cars and get cool/subzero from me..

I ain't saying all supercars are uncool becuase they aren't practical, just in this case there are too many things I dislike about the car and thats one of them, not only is it most likely the usual temperemental piece of latin exotica, but I don't like that its its stupidly big(yes I know they did it for the aerodynamics in racing, but thats not the point), its ugly, and its not even a pure/exclusive design being based on the enzo as it is

a dogs dinner of a car in other words :lol:

graywolf624
11-25-2005, 03:33 PM
fair enough:)

Z3uS
11-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool, performance and design belnded very well.

|Nuno|
11-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Barely made it to cool... I like the fact that it's exotic, looks great and it's rare - plus, it's a Maserati, which is always a plus in terms of coolness.

But on the other hand, it's just a less radical Enzo... :bah:

sentra_dude
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Uncool for me...just an Enzo in an ugly suit.

the looks are just beautiful and performance figures are really good, almost subzero

trying to go around the rules and build a car that will rule the FIA GT and produce the minimum of roadcars needed to make it legit

thats what the McF1 and 911 GT1 did too...

Umm, no...the Mclaren F1 was one of the few cars to actually follow the rules, and not try and get around them like the GT1 and CLK-GTR did.

jorge
11-25-2005, 04:43 PM
It was faster around Top gear track than everything else.... subzero 8)

nthfinity
11-25-2005, 09:08 PM
I was going to give it a cool... but i have given this an uncool for a couple reasons

it is almost cool because:
1. It's aero is what the Enzo should've had (a-la FXX IMO)
2. it actually looks better (except its two-tones ruins it)
3. Targa top... remember the F50?
4. its based on teh ultimate Ferrari ever
its uncool because:
1. its based on the ultimate Ferrari ever
2. its not actually as good as the Enzo to drive
3. it doesnt actually perform as well
4. it doesnt have the 'feel' of a maserati, but of a bastard Enzo.... i dont think they should've ever made a hypercar... even if it is for racing pourposes... that could've been Ferraris' own re-entry into sports car racing with a factory car.
uncool outweights cool :P

vexor
11-25-2005, 11:13 PM
cool, just because Jezza calls it the MC Hammer :D :P :mrgreen:

RAMMIUS
11-26-2005, 05:49 AM
SUBZEROOO , incredible looks , awesome engineering not to mention that it`s extremely rare :D :D

An amazing piece of art :D

taygunho
11-26-2005, 06:15 AM
More than cool less than sub zero.
Voted cool.

Chaos in 1983!
11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
it is not a cool car, it's too big and it really is ugly...and my god, 50 Cents drives one in one of his latest videos...it becomes instantly uncool.

5.7 V10
11-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Uncool:

Strange styling; unearthly dimensions; no ceramics discs and expensiove

Darkel
11-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Cool : amazing to see one in the metal (I was getting used to those Enzos :mrgreen: ), rare and exclusive, even if it's just an enzo "v0.8"

Caplax40
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Subzero

mindgam3
11-27-2005, 05:07 PM
uncool

A car that has its underpinnings based on a rival supercar can never be cool

The maccaF1 was never designed for racing btw :P

stmoritzer
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
after having taken various pictures, I voted cool , just because of the shape

LotusGT1
12-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Seriously uncool.

It's a hideous rebuilt Enzo lacking the edge of the Ferrari. Way too big, it has options a racecar shouldn't have (climate control, electric windows, WTF?), it's a stuck-in-the-middle car.

50 cent drove it too, that didn't help ;)

Ford Capri 2.8i
12-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I voted for simply cool because of two reasons; firstly i think that the car resembles too much the enzo...and therefore it cant gain very much charisma personality, soul.....in addition, i see it so big and so wide that it must be almost impossible to reach it limit on the motorway or in any racetrack except the fast ones such as Monza or Hochenheim....On the other hand, i see that the ferrari technicians have made a great job because i think that they made a big step forward towards the maserati´s previous prestige

SilviaEvo
12-03-2005, 06:39 PM
subzero. i love it. the looks the handling the interior the fact its rare as hell

raphaelws
12-14-2005, 12:19 AM
cool... I prefer the Enzo, but this Maserati is really good looking!!

Vansquish
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I voted subzero for this one as well and believe that this and the Enzo should switch places in the current ranking. Yes, this is basically a glorified Enzo with different bodywork and a more garish paint scheme, but it has some design flair and beauty that the Enzo is simply lacking. Those carbon strakes on the front end are so think you could practically slice fruit on them. It may not be classically beautiful, but it's very nearly as fast as the Enzo (Faster around some tracks) and it certainly has the Italian styling panache that the Enzo is lacking.

chest3r
12-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Uncool!!!

It's an Enzo without anything better than the Enzo :roll:

gucom
12-16-2005, 05:19 PM
i like maserati more evry time i see one, but this is for me some weird mix between a cheat around the FIA GT rules (kinda like the GT1 cars of the late 90s) and an incredible posers' car...so uncool for me...even tho there are parts of it that i like, mainly its being not 1 of the obvious names every 8yo boy knows...

so_innocent
12-28-2005, 08:06 AM
i'd give it just a cool, i like the design abeit it is a bit big.
i dun mind too much that it's an enzo in drag since enzo is such an accomplished car.
The main reason i didn't give it a subzero though is because there's the 'Birdcage' concept car, now that thing is subzero with an absolutely gorgeous styling, whereas this the MC12 is just cool and it's styling becomes a awkward next to the birdcage

black_magician
01-15-2006, 07:38 PM
it's Italian, it looks better than an Enzo, and is just as fast. BTW, it's a maserati! Subzero, no question.

fabro_s
01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Subzero

Why?

He killed his older brother in Top Gear ........

crayzayjay
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't dig it. It just looks like a whale in white. I like the racing version, but this one is just uncool.

spidey007
06-03-2007, 03:42 AM
subzero !!

amazing car :drool:

but the bloke driving it turns me off :P :x

formulastig
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Look an Enzo with a bodykit. Uncool.

Show me a modern Birdcage. That would be cool.

enzoferrari
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Track based car,I love it.

HeilSvenska
03-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Look an Enzo with a bodykit. Uncool.

Show me a modern Birdcage. That would be cool.
You mean they made an Enzo even better. ;-) And it's got racing wins to back it up. And they did make the new Birdcage. It was also based on the Enzo. It's not a production car, but Pininfarina bothered to make a running prototype anyways.

79TA
03-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Yea, that reminds me why i voted the way I did on this way back when. This one has had real racing success. The Enzo is just a trackday toy for guys with money.

R.P. Veyron
03-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Uncool?????:ohmy:
Remember the mc12 in top gear? Was faster than the enzo,
the price is high but makes the car exclusive
this car is amazing,has much style, and very powerful..
With certainty must belong to section Subzero....

formulastig
03-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Once upon a time, Maserati knew how to think for itself. Now they have Ferrari table scraps. If Ferrari wanted to win with the Enzo or the FXX it could. Instead Ferrari decides to win F1 titles, just like Maserati used to do.

Sticking to it. MC12 is un-cool.