PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 355 Challenge Arcade Help

WhiteP
06-30-2003, 04:30 AM
I always go to arcade these days and I m addicted to the Ferrari 355 Challenge. The game is very real so that I can see what my driving skills are up to, but I m really disappointed.

I played at least 15 times altogether these days, but I couldn't complete the 2nd lap of Suzuka (the long one) even in training mode. I always time over around 3 secs before the last check point. I tried to push the car into the limit and I can hear the tires yelling. I didn't spin or hit any barrier.

Anyone who played this game want to teach me?

Btw, will oversteer increase the lap time?

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
06-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Suzuka isn't exactly user friendly track.....

WhiteP
06-30-2003, 05:56 AM
What does that mean?
impossible to complete?

:cry:

Anonymous
06-30-2003, 06:26 AM
No not at all, rather its one of those bastard tracks where the timing is so critical you make a single mistake you can forget it and try again. A frustrating track, theres uasually one in every game just to fuck with you.

666fast
06-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Suzuka isn't the easiest track.
Brake later, I'm sure you know if you miss the braking point by to much you are going into the sand. You just need to figure out when to start braking. It's one of the hardest points in the game.

You could also go for a bit of oversteer, not too much though. If you get it right you'll leave the corner with just a bit more speed which could help.
When you are going in a straight line and the tires are spinning, you are losing time. Try giving it a little less gas so you don't spin the wheels.

It's a damn hard game and it takes a lot of practice, but it's also an addicting game. Keep with it and you'll get it soon.

WhiteP
07-08-2003, 02:56 AM
woohoo 8) I did it finally, completed two laps without running out of time.

Anonymous
07-08-2003, 02:58 AM
:wink: Good Job !!!

666fast
07-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Congrats!
How did you manage to do it?

WhiteP
07-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Thanks KH and 666.

I pushed it as hard as I can, late braking, oversteer, wheels spinning. Heel toeing makes a big difference. The car is much more stable and the cornering speed is much higher.

My record is 4,44 only :oops: . The highest record in that machine is 4,41. :shock:

haha604
07-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Glad to see another fan of this game :D . I've been playing for this game for the last two years and improvements have been slow :cry: . It was quick to get from 'not going anywhere' to finishing under the time limit, but improving my lap time takes a long time. My best record for Suzuka is 4,40, but I've seen people ripping through Suzuka under 4,30. Braking is the key to a fast lap, and sadly I still have trouble with it.

WhiteP
07-10-2003, 03:26 AM
4,30?
are you sure? OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

haha604
07-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah I think people finishing under 4,30 are taking advantage of a flaw in the first edition of the game. During cornering, tHey flick the steering to the desired direction for a very brief time and then tuck it back the other way for an ultra quick exit. I believe Sega corrected this flaw in the 2nd edition of the game, but unfortunately this edition is Japan only.

666fast
07-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Yea, with the Dreamcast version of the game, you could drift like crazy and set some really fast times. I used to do it for fun. I sold me Dreamcast so I bought the PS2 version and it doesn't seem to let you do it.