PDA

View Full Version : CGT sideways

SOBE
11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/7817566/Carrera_GT_Mountain_Drifting.wmv.html

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
This is an awesome video of a beautiful black CGT. :shock:

Tim Schrick has a lot of driving skill to drive a supercar of this price $$$ on these twisty mountain roads. http://www.rs6.com/smilies/drive.gif

Thanks SOBE for the video. :D

komotar
11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
This is an awesome video of a beautiful black CGT. :shock:

Tim Schrick has a lot of driving skill to drive a supercar of this price $$$ on these twisty mountain roads. http://www.rs6.com/smilies/drive.gif

Thanks SOBE for the video. :D

Tim is a highly skilled driver. I like his style 8)

Thx for the vid 8)

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 05:30 PM

Me too I find he's crazy cool and funny :silly:, but he was serious in this CGT video...perhaps for the first time he received instructions from Porsche to drive carefully their pricey baby. http://www.cirena.com/rs6/smilies/hihi.gif

komotar
11-18-2005, 05:33 PM

Me too I find he's crazy cool and funny, but he was serious in this CGT video...perhaps for the first time he received instructions from Porsche to drive carefully their pricey baby. :silly:

lol, I remember him driving the GT3 around some similar mountain roads and the GT2. Both vid's were just awesome 8)

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM

Me too I find he's crazy cool and funny, but he was serious in this CGT video...perhaps for the first time he received instructions from Porsche to drive carefully their pricey baby. :silly:

lol, I remember him driving the GT3 around some similar mountain roads and the GT2. Both vid's were just awesome 8)

These both videos are epic for me !

One thing is sure, Schrick is the driver I would like to get onboard the "Ring Taxi" tour on the Nordschleife. :wink:

EnzoLover
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Amazing video.

The one greatest video ever !!! :D

|Nuno|
11-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Brilliant video...

Thanks a lot. :D

SFDMALEX
11-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Intertaining video but people please, stop proclaiming this guy to be the next messiah.

Considering that fact that the CGT generates tons of mechanical grip, and because it has 600bhp in the back, a sub 60-80km/h power slide is nothing more then positive lock, stab on the throttle, opposite lock.

Sliding doesnt = skill.

Clarkson learned to slide around aswel, but look at his track time in that "reasonably priced car".

Watching that guy shows me just how he is strugling to put the power down so he ends up in ends up getting the rear end out.

Damn, when I go karting I can pull off some mad slides, but its much easier to do that then a proper fast lap...

dutchmasterflex
11-18-2005, 09:55 PM
the power slides JC does on the wide open airfield are a bit different from whipping around a CGT like that on mountain roads.. mountain roads are not the smoothest along with the slope gradients and narrowness, it definately takes more skill and more guts. I highly doubt Clarkson would ever think about driving a CGT like that let alone any sports car like this fellow has..

GREAT video :) thanks for the upload

SFDMALEX
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
the power slides JC does on the wide open airfield are a bit different from whipping around a CGT like that on mountain roads.. mountain roads are not the smoothest along with the slope gradients and narrowness, it definately takes more skill and more guts. I highly doubt Clarkson would ever think about driving a CGT like that let alone any sports car like this fellow has..

GREAT video :) thanks for the upload

Sure more skill then an airfield, but still 1/10th of what it takes to drive that mountain road with the stopwatch ticking :wink:

Schwalbe
11-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Intertaining video but people please, stop proclaiming this guy to be the next messiah.

Considering that fact that the CGT generates tons of mechanical grip, and because it has 600bhp in the back, a sub 60-80km/h power slide is nothing more then positive lock, stab on the throttle, opposite lock.

Sliding doesnt = skill.

Clarkson learned to slide around aswel, but look at his track time in that "reasonably priced car".

Watching that guy shows me just how he is strugling to put the power down so he ends up in ends up getting the rear end out.

Damn, when I go karting I can pull off some mad slides, but its much easier to do that then a proper fast lap...

Sure more skill then an airfield, but still 1/10th of what it takes to drive that mountain road with the stopwatch ticking :wink:

Dude this video isn't a race. Do you see others racing competitors ? :roll:

When you have limited automobile references, it's normal that you said some talk shit about the lack of driving skill from this reputed Motorvision professional pilot. You need to practice a lot at your local Shopping Mall Kart circuit for being able to do the 1/1000th of what Tim Schrick did on these twisty mountain roads. :wink:

JoeHahn
11-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Awesome video sobe.

As other people have said this car is an animal and does take quite a bit to control. His powerslides are large but arent smooth like Tiff's or even J Plato. It does take skill to control the slide but the way he induces it seems....... reckless. I would have rather heard smooth clean acceleration and upchanges though.

SOBE
11-19-2005, 11:14 AM
For those who want to see it again: 10 years of motorvison
German TV DSF-Motorvision: 18.00 h

Tim Schrick can also be seen by driving the new corvette with Lauda junior.

SFDMALEX
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
You need to practice a lot at your local Shopping Mall Kart circuit for being able to do the 1/1000th of what Tim Schrick did on these twisty mountain roads. :wink:

I bet I can do just as good as him, I bet you can too, after 3 hours of practice...

No really people, where is all this mad skill you are talking about in that video? :roll:

Whatever, I wont argue further...he is a GOD are you happy? W.Rohl looks like a horny school kid next to him.

Hey RC are you around? Can you please take the Vette on some low speed twisties give it some throttle, catch it and then make a video of it? Thanks.

Why cant you understand that at 60kph that car is like a Go-Kart? Getting the tail out at 60 or 80kph is nothing but good driving skills.

Now if he was driving a high speed road corse and doing some drifts at 160 then yeah, that takes skills, but the fact remains that he is doing that at low speeds, with mad mechanical grip and tons of power at the rear wheels.

komotar
11-19-2005, 06:19 PM
You need to practice a lot at your local Shopping Mall Kart circuit for being able to do the 1/1000th of what Tim Schrick did on these twisty mountain roads. :wink:

I bet I can do just as good as him, I bet you can too, after 3 hours of practice...

No really people, where is all this mad skill you are talking about in that video? :roll:

Whatever, I wont argue further...he is a GOD are you happy? W.Rohl looks like a horny school kid next to him.

Hey RC are you around? Can you please take the Vette on some low speed twisties give it some throttle, catch it and then make a video of it? Thanks.

Why cant you understand that at 60kph that car is like a Go-Kart? Getting the tail out at 60 or 80kph is nothing but good driving skills.

Now if he was driving a high speed road corse and doing some drifts at 160 then yeah, that takes skills, but the fact remains that he is doing that at low speeds, with mad mechanical grip and tons of power at the rear wheels.

Well, what he did in that vid can't be that easy, no masterpiece but still skilled driving.

And more, about his driving abbilities. I've seen enough motorvision's to say, he's a VERY good driver.

SFDMALEX
11-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, what he did in that vid can't be that easy, no masterpiece but still skilled driving.

And more, about his driving abbilities. I've seen enough motorvision's to say, he's a VERY good driver.

I hear you mate, its not easy, but if you read the posts in this thread you get an impression that people think this guy is a God because of what he does in this video.

I'm sure he is a great driver, but the driving that he does in this particular video is nothing spectacular as some make it out to be.

I just hate when people get the impression that sideways=Jacky Ickx, M. Schumaher, W.Rohl...

Pehtren
01-14-2006, 04:18 PM
he is not a god but he has skills and guts, to do it on such roads :shock:

exhausted mules
01-14-2006, 06:48 PM
i agree with everybody else.

not every joe-jack can do what this guy did in the video.

the thing with good natural drivers is that they make it seem easy.

when in fact it isn't.

lakatu
01-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Nice post. Thanks for sharing it. :wink: