PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT

System
11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6518/ttsport05034ps.th.jpg (http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ttsport05034ps.jpg) Audi TT Sport Quattro

stmoritzer
11-18-2005, 10:23 AM
super hot = not cool at all

don't like it at all

chest3r
11-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Uncool!!

It isn't as good as it should be and most of all because when he came out everybody loved it :roll:

|Nuno|
11-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Uncool (sorry everso :P).

nthfinity
11-18-2005, 11:12 AM
i voted cool, as it was one of my earliest experiences in a AWD car... (that was extremely beat up, and unfortunately... also off roaded) but it still behaved amazingly.

it looks great, its unique... and the turbo 1.8 was great while it lasted :)

Tommaso
11-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Great looking car... I voted "cool"

Anonymous
11-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Just about still cool. When it first came out sub zero, sadly it has lost alot of its appeal for me.

Stikz
11-18-2005, 12:24 PM
its rapidly loosing its coolness, but the lates version still keeps it cool :D

htfaber
11-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I think the TT is uncool. (Sorry Everso)

I've always had the idea the TT was a bit the poor man's 911. With the styling a bit like the Porsche. Just never liked it.

aOp
11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
The design don't work for me, but I'm sure it's one of the cool. Audi can do better. Cool for being special.

Chaos in 1983!
11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
the TT has nothing to do with the 911...in that case it would be the boxter...I think it's a cool car, stylinwise it made a huge impact when they launched it a good while ago, although now it's loosing it's cooless...

nthfinity
11-18-2005, 02:05 PM
i told Schwalbe the story of the TT when i met him in Montreal.

you guys would be amazed at what the TT was *supposed* to be when it was being designed. I'll post a story for you guys about it sometimes.....but just to summarize, the car was designed FOR Porsche....and Porsche wanted it....but they didn't get it!

more details at a later time ;)
interesting indeed... i look forward to reading that right up :)[/quote]

davide
11-18-2005, 03:10 PM
horrbile...

although the new TT, shooting brake or whatever, was VERY sexy... !

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I find this car very cool since a saw the concept at Frankfurt Auto Show of 1995. :D

i told Schwalbe the story of the TT when i met him in Montreal.

you guys would be amazed at what the TT was *supposed* to be when it was being designed. I'll post a story for you guys about it sometimes.....but just to summarize, the car was designed FOR Porsche....and Porsche wanted it....but they didn't get it!

Thank you everso to have explained to me why when I see an Audi TT, I always thought it was a Porsche. :D

I still have this vision of Porsche when I see an Audi B5 S4/RS4, but that remains a problem unsolved yet. But some "car doctors" (everso) say to me is because the case of the RS2 experience is too present in my conscience and the fact that my favorite car makers are Porsche and Audi. :P

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4081/audirs27io.gif

graywolf624
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Seriously uncool.. With all respect to people who might have one, the general impression at least in the south and north east is of a posers car.

nthfinity
11-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Seriously uncool.. With all respect to people who might have one, the general impression at least in the south and north east is of a posers car.

i have to say that AWD is completely pointless in places where seriously adverse weather doesnt exist... so people down south are definately posers with any AWD car IMO

No.1
11-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Cool for about 5 minutes when the riginal TT was launched, but this is just a lame attempt to sell more cars. :roll:

Verdict = Uncool

ARMAN
11-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Cool, great design, german quality, 4wd :)

Fleischmann
11-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Sorry Everso, but I don't find the car cool. It's too cute for that.

callen
11-19-2005, 05:21 PM
car looks good, goes alright, i say its cool

AlienDB7
11-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Ever since I first saw it years ago, it's always been a head turner for me ;)

It is cool!

Z3uS
11-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Uncool. I dont really know why... I guess i just dont like it. :bah:

sameerrao
11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Cool design! Very nice in convertible or coupe form.

sentra_dude
11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Seriously uncool...I may be wrong, but essentially a car designed completely around its looks, sure it looked pretty cool the first few times you saw it, but after that, nothing special. At least where I live, a 100% poser car (sorry everso, we know you aren't a poser, but everyone else who has one seems to be), and hair-dresser kind of poser car at that. Now its to the point where its very worn out, they should have retired that car, or at least updated it, a long time ago.

jorge
11-19-2005, 11:24 PM
I really liked it whe i saw it for the first times, but with the time it has gone down in my coolness scale. Uncool

elbugalee
11-20-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't like the design, in the past i't was a great car for me, but nowthe TT loses your shine! uncool

taygunho
11-20-2005, 05:45 AM
seriously uncool. I don't like all versiıns of TT's.

antonioledesma
11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Just about still cool. When it first came out sub zero, .

what he said

crayzayjay
11-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Still cool, despite mostly being driven by a bunch of posers.

HeilSvenska
11-24-2005, 05:12 PM
still cool after all these years. so pretty.

gucom
11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
hrmmm...
i didnt like it at first, found it ugly, and its not as good a sportscar as it could be...and lots of ********s driving it... but ive started to like it lately, so i'll just give it a cool... :roll:

topgeartom
11-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Even after all those years and all those examples on our roads (especially here in the UK) its still an effortlessly cool car.

Erez
12-02-2005, 08:12 PM
say what you want... it's still cool

nthfinity
12-02-2005, 09:55 PM
WTF. why is this in "seriously uncool" now? the votes don't add up that way. that's not cool.
ill tell you whats pretty funny; you said it was supposed to be a porsche originally :arrow: mabey since people concider porsches uncool (cirtainly not me lol) then this gets it automatically :?:

personally Jeremy'ing a few cars i concider uncool would be the way to go :wink: unfortunately im not the Jeremy in this case :lol:

ZfrkS62
12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
I just don't like how closely it resembles the beetle. and it's numbers are horrid. uncool for me.

EvoqSixteen
12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
WTF. why is this in "seriously uncool" now? the votes don't add up that way. that's not cool.

We 'jeremied' a few cars to test the new display part that shows all modified results, BUT, we did take those jeremy results from the real Top Gear coolwall so as not to be unfair about it :)

sentra_dude
12-03-2005, 12:11 AM
ill tell you whats pretty funny; you said it was supposed to be a porsche originally :arrow: mabey since people concider porsches uncool (cirtainly not me lol) then this gets it automatically :?:

personally Jeremy'ing a few cars i concider uncool would be the way to go :wink: unfortunately im not the Jeremy in this case :lol:

Speaking of that...why would Porsche want a FWD-biased AWD, engine way-out-in-front, Golf based car again? :? (That is what the TT is right?)

Erez
12-03-2005, 11:42 AM
^ :P agreed

FER355
12-03-2005, 11:54 AM
and this "jeremy-ing" stuff is utter bullshit.....i'm sorry, but there's no need to imitate the TV show exactly....i think JW members have enough credibility to decide stuff......and the TT is not "seriously uncool"......fuck that.

the ridiculous amount of subzero votes for any and every car just prove you're right :roll:

Anonymous
12-03-2005, 11:55 AM

Speaking of that...why would Porsche want a FWD-biased AWD, engine way-out-in-front, Golf based car again? :? (That is what the TT is right?)

Porsche didn't just want the car...they wanted it BAD. Audi essentially fukt them over to get the car. Like i said, i'll tell the full story at a later time. it is quite interesting.

and this "jeremy-ing" stuff is utter bullshit.....i'm sorry, but there's no need to imitate the TV show exactly....i think JW members have enough credibility to decide stuff......and the TT is not "seriously uncool"......fuck that.

Not that you are biased or anything ;-) Nobody said it was permanent, although I would think it will be now :P

Ford Capri 2.8i
12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Although the car looks great, in terms of the design it resembles too much the 911; this is not a problem for me though....the problem is that i havent heard very good opinion about its attitude on the road....like the car has so much grip that its driving sensations make the car boring to be driven......as long as it doesnt give the genuine´s Audi quattro´s sensations it wont be voted as cool

sentra_dude
12-04-2005, 01:49 AM

Porsche didn't just want the car...they wanted it BAD. Audi essentially fukt them over to get the car. Like i said, i'll tell the full story at a later time. it is quite interesting.

I'd be interested to read that, and find out why Porsche would want that kind of car, it seems to go against their sports-car philosophy (but then again so does the Cayenne. :roll:)

Erez
12-04-2005, 07:07 AM
well porsche was in a bad financial point.. and look at them now.. the worlds most profitable car company.. so the cayenne and boxster proved to be good moves.. maybe we all hate the fact that they whored out and made an SUV.. but it better then porsche been gone..

raphaelws
12-14-2005, 12:14 AM
uncool, the design looks more promising than the engine!!

Sphiunx
01-13-2006, 02:50 PM
This car just fits in a girl personality it Seriously uncool

Shinigami
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
and the TT is not "seriously uncool"......fuck that.
chill man. I too think my SLK is definitely not a "seriously uncool" car, but some people seem to think so, it's just opinions and we all have one.

I think the Audi is really cool, hey, I almost bought one when it came out, wanted to make it my first car ever. I dunno why, I just like the design, it appeals to me (I ended up buying an SLK however...).

So what if some people think it's girly. I don't see why something girly can't be cool, and IMO the TT is 50/50 in that regards. Either a trendy person drives it, or a trendy girl, not just one ;)

The only problem I have with the TT is that once I did finally drive it, I found it to be a bit sluggish... but big deal, I still consider it "cool" :D

Remco558
05-29-2006, 09:19 AM
verry uncool, the only one i know who likes it is my grandmother

TNT
05-29-2006, 10:17 AM
it has a good concept but just doesn't do it all for me. on the border of cool/uncool

The Raptor
08-24-2006, 04:36 AM
I have one myself ;D awesome car, very responsive!