PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 2 - 20 Nov

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 07:48 PM
On this week's Top Gear Jeremy finds out what is faster, a rock climber or the new Audi RS4? Richard and James have a new take on radio controlled cars;A trip down memory lane with the story of British Racing Green and the new car from Porsche - the Cayman.

AlienDB7
11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
... and the Cayman - I'd like to know what Jeremy thinks about its design!! :P
I'd like to know what Jeremy thinks how the Cayman was designed :mrgreen:

911 by photocopy
boxster by folding the paper in half
cayman by...... ??

Can't wait for the RS4 feature, it should be very interesting.

blinkmeat
11-03-2005, 11:57 PM
:D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Schwalbe
11-04-2005, 12:36 AM
This is awesome !!!! http://www.rs6.com/smilies/woohoo.gif

I'm so glad that they will test the new RS4 ! http://www.rs6.com/smilies/rs4addict.gif

Moreover, it's Jezza which will do it. :wink:

tigerx
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
the new cayman is gonna make me very happy :D

Skaala
11-04-2005, 09:54 AM
finally!! http://www.rs6.com/smilies/rs4addict.gif

yg60m
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Long live Top Gear !! :P
With the first show featuring Isle of Man and this one :drool: it sounds like another great season :P

marcelobb82
11-04-2005, 12:32 PM
On this week's Top Gear Jeremy finds out what is faster, a rock climber or the new Audi RS4?

obviously he will push both off a cliff and see which hits the ground first :P

Anonymous
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
On this week's Top Gear Jeremy finds out what is faster, a rock climber or the new Audi RS4?

obviously he will push both off a cliff and see which hits the ground first :P

nono, tut tut tut, that would be bad for the environment :P

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 09:02 PM
http://www.tyresmoke.net/albums/album243/IMG_1169_Large.sized.jpg

According to Daz (RS246.com member) who was present at the Top Gear show:

(Clarkson said something along the lines of "I am sitting 4 feet away from the best engine ever made" He was very very impressed with the car. And the Stig got a great time of 1.25.?. )

I can't wait for this episode. http://www.rs6.com/smilies/rs4addict.gif

nchs09
11-18-2005, 11:27 PM
^^^ i rather watch it in the show than read it and make the show less intresting

Schwalbe
11-18-2005, 11:44 PM
^^^^^^Sorry for my sneak preview. :P

When there's a show which featuring an RS4 I can't resist to post something about it. :mrgreen:

Toronto
11-20-2005, 03:20 AM
can't wait to see what they say about the Cayman :D and s4's are always good too :P

martin100
11-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I canīt wait for Clarksons opinion about the RS4 cause i really like Audi esp. the RS models :mrgreen:

komotar
11-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I read clarkson's article on the rs4 in the times online and he was really pleased with it.

Can't wait for the episode. 8)

blast
11-20-2005, 05:42 PM
just one comment for now

COCKSTER!

No.1
11-20-2005, 06:11 PM
LOL... he is a genius with comedy sometimes 8)

The episode was quite good.

RC cars was different, and waaaay better than i had expected

The Coxster (thats how you spell it) is a fantastic car. I love it, and it looks pretty good IMO

The RS4 was devastating - it really is a step up from the old RS4 and indeed, as JC sayss, an M3 beater :) The rock climbers were exellent - hats off to them. I won't say who won, but to scale 1200ft in 2hrs (which should take 7) is no mean feat. They had no ropes either! It would have been awful for them to fall in such a "pointless" race.

British Racing Green Story was pretty cool - not as boring as it could have been, with the Napier and Bentley Blower looking great. The Vanwall is mad IMO - a crazy car, but definitely a great looking/sounding one. Too cool 8)

Another great ep... roll on next week

Wutputt
11-21-2005, 03:57 PM
It was a great episode IMO. I really had a good laugh. Especially when JC was making fun of the director's Coxster. But I really was rolling on the floor during the RC car feature. Man, I really liked that.

As for the RS4. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it IRL, and I still am, certainly now it also seems great to drive.

Even though I had a great laugh, I hunkering for some rarer cars and politically incorrect driving in the next episodes :D

jakaracman
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
RC car feature was brilliant, even better than last episode 2nd part on the isle o man. And that was one of the best, if not the best ... :D
Ian Wright: for me, he's No1 on the board, attractive & fast. My kind of driving. 8)
And RC cars: I used to race them ... I wish I could race those :twisted:

RS4: OK, this one was a complete miss ... 2 hours for 60 miles? It shuld tahe no more than 1 hour 15 mins on those roads with that car ... 80 kph is manageable if you use the car properly ...

racer_f50
11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
amazing episode! those 3 sure know how to put on a genuinely funny and entertaining show. Non-stop laughs, fast cars, some destruction...what more could we really ask for?

I loved how Jeremy kept calling it the "Coxster" too :lol:

godspeed06
11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
easily one of the best top gears ever... the rock climbing was simply mind boggling. im an endurance athlete myself, but i still cant see how someone can climb so aggressively for two hours... what an amazing athlete. the rs4 is a beast. the show was hilarious. i love top gear.

carguy_88
11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
you, me and everybody else... :mrgreen:

btw: 5th gear sucks....is there anyone who still wathces that show?? :lol:

Anonymous
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
you, me and everybody else... :mrgreen:

btw: 5th gear sucks....is there anyone who still wathces that show?? :lol:

You seen the Tiff 430 spider test?? It was bloody brilliant, sadly this weeks was awful, still brief moments of genius, just somehow can't seem to sustain it and to much Jon fucking Bentley boring us.

crayzayjay
11-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Great episode. JC's verdict on the Cayman was somewhat surprising (less delicate than a Boxster??), but the RS4 and RC car features were excellent. :mrgreen:

daveo555
11-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know other then the torrent networks where i could download the episode?
For some reason i cant download it?

Ghostbat
11-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know other then the torrent networks where i could download the episode?
For some reason i cant download it?

I wonder what that reason could be..

daveo555
11-27-2005, 07:38 AM
No the problem is software wise or pc config but i cant locate the problem!
BUt ive figured out that any torrent ive tried doesnt work! It downloads 2meg and stops! Something about a semaphore timeout!

Anonymous
11-27-2005, 08:01 AM
BUt ive figured out that any torrent ive tried doesnt work! It downloads 2meg and stops! Something about a semaphore timeout!

We're not about piracy here, but post a topic in computers, gadgets and gizmos with the error/s, not mentioning what you are trying to download and someone might be able to help. Yes we know torrents exist but we don't need everyone constantly talking about them, not going to encourage piracy but plenty of knowledgable computer bods here ;-).

Anonymous
11-27-2005, 11:52 AM

We're not about piracy here, but post a topic in computers, gadgets and gizmos with the error/s, not mentioning what you are trying to download and someone might be able to help. Yes we know torrents exist but we don't need everyone constantly talking about them, not going to encourage piracy but plenty of knowledgable computer bods here ;-).

There are legal torrents as well... :)

no shit, i never knew that, but it his case its not. I suppose you are one of these people who download 200GB of Linux distributions per month eh :roll: