PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005

chest3r
10-31-2005, 02:49 PM
In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.

:o :o :o :o

coloradosilver
10-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the update!

Oh yeah....I told you all that the new Z06 wouldn't be in this feature! I'll be surprised to see it at all this season. I would definitely love to see it on Top Gear this fall, but I don't think it's going to happen.

coloradosilver
10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Time out - This could be one of the few occasions that I'm wrong about something here, I just went on the Top Gear website and they have just recently tested the new Z06. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.topgear.com/drives/CB/A1/roadtests/03/01.html

Hopefully it will make it on the program.

No.1
10-31-2005, 07:15 PM
So that's why they shut off the roads on the Isle of Man.... i know we won't be disappointed by these guys

Should be interesting to see the KZ1.... but it's so old now, i remember 5th gear having it ages ago :roll:

gucom
10-31-2005, 07:20 PM
yeah but delivery of it only started fairly recently...
cant wait to see it, i'll definately be watching htis episode...wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so? :?

Daggernite
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Starting with some awesome cars this series, should be great. Im getting excited thinking about it.

vexor
10-31-2005, 07:26 PM
wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so?

yep

Can't wait for the KZ1 and the M6 test

PATo355
10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.

Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...
Hammond will say the best is the 911 ... he loves that car .
James May will drive the M6 and will hate it , so he will decide on the V8.

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !

abbor
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM

Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !

:lol: You're sooo right... :!:

Anonymous
10-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see the isle of man feature, the stig is supposed complete some timed tests in the cars there to :D

chest3r
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM

Of course JC will say the AMV8 is a great car (even that it's the best car in the world ). That guy really loves Aston Martin's.

But I would prefer to see the M6 beeing tested against the M5 at the TG test track, instead of beeing included in this feature. The M6 is much more powerful that the AMV8 and the 911. And I think the M5 review in the previous series was a little poor. I would like to see more track action 8)

SilviaEvo
10-31-2005, 08:15 PM
hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!

dutchmasterflex
10-31-2005, 08:32 PM
can't wait to see the M6 in Top Gear's hands and hopefully on their track.. i wonder when 5th gear will review the M6?

chest3r
10-31-2005, 08:44 PM
hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!

Between the Aston and the V8 Vantage ?!? :lol: :lol:

abbor
10-31-2005, 09:35 PM
No, he meant between the BMW and the M6... :wink:

nthfinity
10-31-2005, 10:56 PM
hmm... i wonder

will the 'new' Ascari KZ1 be sporting a BMW V10??? i doubt it... but it would make for a 'good' update i think

Anonymous
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Of course JC will say the AMV8 is a great car (even that it's the best car in the world ). That guy really loves Aston Martin's.

Thats the point though, he'll probably say just get a DB9 if you want an aston, they are to close price wise really now.

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 06:59 PM
***EDITED*** oops wrong window now posted here

http://motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=555297#555297
[/u]

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
On this week's Top Gear Jeremy finds out what is faster, a rock climber or the new Audi RS4? Richard and James have a new take on radio controlled cars;A trip down memory lane with the story of British Racing Green and the new car from Porsche - the Cayman.

Doesn't actually sound that promising, but i'm sure it will be entertaining none the less :D

... so all these will be also featured in the Ep01?

Then - with the AMV8 vs M6 vs 997S, Cayman, RS4 vs climber... sounds REALLY promising!! :P

Im a bit scared about this RS4 vs rock climber thingy....will this mean we will not get a proper review of it????if so I dont like TG this season....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS wrong window I posted the info for next weeks in the wrong thread!!!!

thats the info for ep 2 :wink: http://motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=555297#555297

pitfield
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
did anyone tape top gear? Was expecting to see some downloads on the site. Feel like a total knob head for missing it. And the repeat. Gutted. Please help.

jakaracman
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Me too ... ANd the season after it ... I'm soooo lame ... :D

carguy_88
11-10-2005, 06:13 PM

:lol: You're sooo right... :!:

x2

i love the way they film...but i think they will say many good things about the M6..I prefer the V8 anyway.. :D

carguy_88
11-13-2005, 09:02 AM
what i mean is that i prefer the aston..its just one of the most gorgeous cars in the world....

anyway..has anyone watched it yet?? :roll:

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 09:12 AM
what i mean is that i prefer the aston..its just one of the most gorgeous cars in the world....

anyway..has anyone watched it yet?? :roll:

Yes Jabba lent me his flux capacitor, i strapped it to the mini and travelled forward in time, it was a very good ep, stig crashes into the sea again and dies.

carguy_88
11-13-2005, 10:00 AM
lol

ok i thouht it was 14 today....LOL :wink:

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
It's starting!!!!!!! :D :D

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 04:03 PM
And its gonna be brilliant, the series preview was AWESOME!!!!

komotar
11-13-2005, 04:16 PM
damn fuckers!!!! Shut up. :x :wink:

I'm sitting in the dark here. Can't wait :twisted:

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
:P First test was pretty damn good to, and I'm laughing my arse off through the comments and news as we speak, honestly making 5th gear look poor so far!

NOW TO THE ISLE OF MAN!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ghostbat
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
NOW TO THE ISLE OF MAN!!!!!!

You're killing me! Must see soon...

komotar
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
NOW TO THE ISLE OF MAN!!!!!!

You're killing me! Must see soon...

ditto :x

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Well you know where to hang about then :wink:

**EDIT** a tip, turn your sound down in the star in a resonably priced car interview, trevor eve shouts in every minute of every episode of waking the dead and this segment is no different :lol: very funny again IMO tho, one of the funniest top gears ever!

gangajas
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Have they only tested the AMV8, M6 and 911 C2S?

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Have they only tested the AMV8, M6 and 911 C2S?

done the ascari too, and going back to the isle of man test soon

gis
11-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Gotta say that was a great opening episode to the new season.good cars,good tests of them and some comedy in there.

No.1
11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Awesome show to open with

The teaser was great too

PATo355
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM

The teaser was great too

Jabba should come with the teaser in some minutes i guess , did the show already end ?

No.1
11-13-2005, 05:13 PM

The teaser was great too

Jabba should come with the teaser in some minutes i guess , did the show already end ?

yeah at 9pm it ended

i guess jabba might make the teaser like he did before...letss give him some tim, eh?

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM

The teaser was great too

yeh just 15 mins ago, overall it was pretty damn good, isle of man let down by the weather a little but still awesome :D

No.1
11-13-2005, 05:34 PM
yeh just 15 mins ago, overall it was pretty damn good, isle of man let down by the weather a little but still awesome :D

Ahhh.... the weather :P :wink:

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM

was nice here most the day again tho :lol: hardly ventured out though. Very sadly i was up till god knows what time reading about how many people pixmania have fucked over :lol: Also got the MD of the parent companies direct email adress to, so it wasn't an entire waste of a day.

No.1
11-13-2005, 05:49 PM

was nice here most the day again tho :lol: hardly ventured out though. Very sadly i was up till god knows what time reading about how many people pixmania have fucked over :lol: Also got the MD of the parent companies direct email adress to, so it wasn't an entire waste of a day.

Yeh... sunny but cold as a bitch up here... the trafford centre was heaving!

Keep us updated on the pixmania saga... its good that you got a high point of contact, the MD is pretty high up :D

stradale
11-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it was an excellent episode. I was LMAO a couple of times and it featured more than enough great cars. The teaser looked very promising!

carguy_88
11-13-2005, 05:54 PM
i hope it will be on Emule soon ..cause i have no BBC.. :?

gucom
11-13-2005, 06:10 PM
i messed up in the time department...when i tuned into BBC2, i saw about a quarter of a second the top gear logo, then the announcement of the program after it :( so im gonna have to wait till i can dl it...

PATo355
11-13-2005, 06:19 PM
The preview is available to download at the vault !!! look at the front page !!!

gucom
11-13-2005, 06:24 PM
subtle :wink:

PATo355
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Uf ... the veyron looks so amazing in the preview .... :shock:

komotar
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
the preview is soooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

I just can't wait ANY longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*faints*

gucom
11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
OMG it looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!

Chaos in 1983!
11-13-2005, 07:17 PM
OMG OMG OMG I can't wait!!!....it looks sooo good...!!!!

chest3r
11-13-2005, 07:25 PM
This series will be fuckin awesome!!!

These guys are always surprising us :o

dutchmasterflex
11-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I am only now realizing how much 5th Gear as a show has nothing on Top Gear..

lookin forward for the new season :)

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I am only now realizing how much 5th Gear as a show has nothing on Top Gear..

lookin forward for the new season :)

to be fair 5th gear has improved significantly this series and apart from one really bad ep its been very entertaining IMO. It's just that Top Gear sets the bar higher and higher each series. I mean veyron, not a press test but an endurance test though multiple countries against a plane flown by may how can that possibly fail to be entertaining!!! Add in the humour (ALOT of it tonight) and the way the presenters seem to interact so much better and its just a winning formula. 5th Gear should take a leaf out of top gears book and be more innovative IMO, like with their lotus feature.

nchs09
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
^^ u saw it allready? grrr i ahte peeps in the uk. haha

cant wait to see this. previews look SO hot.

nchs09
11-13-2005, 09:30 PM
i just noticed.. my custom status keeps changing :wtf: ahhahahaha

Anonymous
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
i just noticed.. my custom status keeps changing :wtf: ahhahahaha

can't see anything here dude, must be the blue pills messing with you again, oh and get your own fucking skins cheepskate.

gottacatchup
11-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Is it just me or does this episode atleast seem MUCH EDGIER. Its like they know they're getting canceled and are doing whatever they want. Maybe thats just me i dont know.

Anyways the new series look incredible, definately filling up every episode with quality material, no filler like before. Cant wait.

Anonymous
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
It is one of the top rating shows on the channel, therefore about as likely as clarkson buying another Kelisa :wink: