PDA

View Full Version : Desmosedici RR engine

RAMMIUS
10-16-2005, 07:25 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7751/ducatidesmorr1zoom9eq.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ducatidesmorr1zoom9eq.jpg)http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2501/ducatidesmorr2zoom8ed.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ducatidesmorr2zoom8ed.jpg)http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3645/ducatidesmorr3zoom5tk.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ducatidesmorr3zoom5tk.jpg)

RC45
10-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Too little too late... ;)

Honda perfected the V4 15 years ago.. :P (and before that the V3 ;))

V5 is where it's at these days... ;)

gobs3z
10-16-2005, 11:18 PM
From looking at this i realized that just out of curiosity do they make individual throttle botties for street bikes? I would just assume the sound would be amazing and power as well.

RC45
10-17-2005, 12:16 AM
From looking at this i realized that just out of curiosity do they make individual throttle botties for street bikes? I would just assume the sound would be amazing and power as well.

As note previously... yes, the 1994 RC45 sported such individual throttle bodies.. this is nothing new.. Ducati is 11 years too late... again ;)

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/6771/e16throttlebodyassemblysmall0y.gif

RAMMIUS
10-17-2005, 04:11 AM
really RC ? well does the Desmodromic system tells you anything ?

where is Honda then ? :roll:

RC45
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM

Where is Honda? Not bothering with that over-complex mechanical chaos Ducati has been trying to perfect for decades... :)

Where is Honda??

They rewrote the record books with the racing V5... ;)

RAMMIUS
10-17-2005, 08:42 AM

Where is Honda? Not bothering with that over-complex mechanical chaos Ducati has been trying to perfect for decades... :)

Where is Honda??

They rewrote the record books with the racing V5... ;)

actually RC that Desmodromic system was PERFECTED a long time ago by Ducati and it works as it should :D

let me guess , if it was used by Honda , then it was an awesome piece of engineering isn`t it ?

now , there are V6 engines in Moto GP , you know , the Blata engine
sooooo , does that make it better than Honda`s V5 , because it has another cylinder ?

So is the case with Duke`s V4 with that ''over complex mechanical chaos '' how you like to call it , versus Honda`s V5 .

The most powerfull and revolutionary engine in Moto GP it`s the Ducati one , either you like it or not :D

RC45
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
It is wasted effort. It has never translated well into produciton form.

The Honda engines on the othe rhand have trickled down into production equipment and have proven to be sound engineering. :)

Ducati is just mechanical chaos, that has never translated into reliable production equipment - ever :) ;)

Oh - and Honda have perfected the 6 cylinder GP engine in 1964 - so again Ducati is late to the game ;)

Not to forget Honda even perfected the siamesed V8 - or oval pistoned V4 - so succesful a design, that the FIM had to include rules to prevent Honda from ever using their oval pistons past the 2 years they did - the years in which the NR dominated endurance racing.

So Hinda just went with the V4 and obliterated all comers for 10 years... ;)

Until the FIM acknowledged Ducatis protests and again changed the rules.

Ducati is Italian for Mechanical Chaos.. ;) :P

RAMMIUS
10-17-2005, 11:05 AM
^^^^ :lol: :lol: well that mechanical chaos , ruled the WorldSBK for years , so it`s an ''organized chaos '' :mrgreen: after all that works and quite good :D

maxbg
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
^^^^ :lol: :lol: well that mechanical chaos , ruled the WorldSBK for years , so it`s an ''organized chaos '' :mrgreen: after all that works and quite good :D

They ruled the WSBK for years due to the capacity advantage over the IL4. Now that the IL4 capacity is allowed back to 1000cc, their domination is over. :(

RC45
10-17-2005, 12:16 PM

Ducati homologated a new engine and chassis for every new year of competition - that is how many changes they had to make to "perfect" their chaos... and the only play Ducati did anything was in WSB sprint races... ;)

Everywhere else, the Honda RC45 chassis was homologated for world use in 1993 (for 1994 season) and 1994 (for the 1995 European Season) - and never again... ;)

That's right - the same homologated chassis and engine went on to dominate 750cc and open class endurance racing from 1993 to 2000 - until the cost of the RC45 program was no longer viable. That is how well the 45 was engineered in 1993 - which was a direct derivative of the NR racer and the NR road bike (the fuel injection systems and software and chassis) and the older RC30 (the engine layout and other components). ;)

Not even Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki or Ducati et al could topple them for 6 years - even though they all homologated new bikes every year (except Kawasaki - who kept the same WSB platform from 98 through 2000)

Ducati is a boutique brand :P It is not known as the Ferrari of bikes for nothing... ;) -- with that name comes the stigma and reality of unreliability and tempermental engineering... ;)

RAMMIUS
10-18-2005, 04:27 AM
:lol: :lol:

whatever you say RC

and about unreliability , well this should come from an owner , and by temperamental engineering I think you`ve wanted to say advanced engineering, but in your style RC , you`ve used an alternative word :mrgreen:

Svensson
10-22-2005, 03:49 PM

All supersport street bikes like the R1, GSX-R etc use individual throttle bodies. The newest models even have twin-injector fuel injection. Every cilinder has a secondary fuel injector which sprays the fuel directly into the velocity stacks at higher rpm, just like in Formula 1.

gobs3z
10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info Svensson, they need to start building V-8 version's of these engines and crating them for track cars.

RC45
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM

whatever you say RC

and about unreliability , well this should come from an owner , and by temperamental engineering I think you`ve wanted to say advanced engineering, but in your style RC , you`ve used an alternative word :mrgreen:

Well considering history, facts and track record is on my side.. it is what I say :)

An interesting engineering excercise.. nothing for the history books.

RAMMIUS
10-24-2005, 03:47 AM

whatever you say RC

Well considering history, facts and track record is on my side.. it is what I say :)

Nothing for the history books ? Really ?
How many World SBK titles they won ?

BTW , this year your beloved RC 211 V , got her ass kicked by an in-line 4 , and a few times by Duke`s V4 , who in your opinion it`s inferior . :mrgreen:

RAMMIUS
10-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Another thing :

1 st in motogp : Yamaha . bikes/year : a ''few'' milions
2 : Honda . bikes/year : 4 ? 5 ? mil
3 : Ducati bikes/year : 50.000 ? :mrgreen:
4 : Kawa
5 : Suzuki

So , a simple , logical conclusion is that those manufacturers have HUGE R&D and T&E budgets , isn`t it RC ?

You have a european (actually a very small Italian) producer , who`s taking on the world`s best , I would like to see an american producer trying to take on Suzi and Kawa , I`am not talking about the other ones.

Sooo , this is their 3rd year , and they are doing quite well :D , against huge producers with awesome budgets , not to mention the fact that they use shitty Bstone tyres .

A little comparison :

Honda`s racing departament for MotoGp : 500 man plus 3 tset pilots .

Ducati - racing department (meaning MotoGp, World SBK , AMA Superbike ) 100 !!!!! , and 1 (one) test pilot.

How come they are doing so well ? They are smart , with a lot of imagination and they are determined , to show their class , as they did in World SBK.

BAD POINT RC : you`re the most SUBJECTIVE man I,ve ever seen. Try to bring arguments as I did.

RC45
10-24-2005, 10:17 AM

whatever you say RC

Nothing for the history books ? Really ?
How many World SBK titles they won ?

BTW , this year your beloved RC 211 V , got her ass kicked by an in-line 4 , and a few times by Duke`s V4 , who in your opinion it`s inferior . :mrgreen:

The FIM outlawed 2 strokes because the Japanese have won everything in 500cc since about 1980...

Italians couldn't touch em :)

SO bye-bye 2 stroke 500cc' GP bikes.. hello 4 strokes.. (which Honda won the first time out) :)

Be sure and get your bike history straight Mr.. ;)

Another thing :

1 st in motogp : Yamaha . bikes/year : a ''few'' milions
2 : Honda . bikes/year : 4 ? 5 ? mil
3 : Ducati bikes/year : 50.000 ? :mrgreen:
4 : Kawa
5 : Suzuki

See above - MotoGP was changed to 4 stroke to give the Eurocrap a chance.. ;)

So , a simple , logical conclusion is that those manufacturers have HUGE R&D and T&E budgets , isn`t it RC ?

Funny thing is you guys use this same argument to explain why Ferrari is so good... :P

Make up your minds ;)

You have a european (actually a very small Italian) producer , who`s taking on the world`s best , I would like to see an american producer trying to take on Suzi and Kawa , I`am not talking about the other ones.

I am sure you are aware that for the longest time Ducati was actually owned by a Dallas Texas based investor... ;)

Thats about as American as you can get hehehe

Sooo , this is their 3rd year , and they are doing quite well :D , against huge producers with awesome budgets , not to mention the fact that they use shitty Bstone tyres .

What does manufacturer size have to do with racing success? ;) :P

A little comparison :

Honda`s racing departament for MotoGp : 500 man plus 3 tset pilots .

Ducati - racing department (meaning MotoGp, World SBK , AMA Superbike ) 100 !!!!! , and 1 (one) test pilot.

All that proves is that the FIM was asked by Duati to change the rules to make MotoGP/WSB the same as AMA :P

Back in the day, being able to ride a WSB fast did not mean you could ride a GP bike. :P

How come they are doing so well ? They are smart , with a lot of imagination and they are determined , to show their class , as they did in World SBK.

BAD POINT RC : you`re the most SUBJECTIVE man I,ve ever seen. Try to bring arguments as I did.
This doesn't make their road bikes reliable... :P

Here's an argument -

How many Motocycle Endurance Races have Ducati won?

Now go see how many the Honda V4's of the VFR, RC30, NR and RC45 have won... ;)

Come back when you have the answer.

:P

RAMMIUS
10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
1.Are You sure that you have your history right ?

The italians RULED 2 stroke category for YEARS .

Meccanica Verghera Agusta rings a bell ? I doubt . [/quote]

2.Are you sure that they didn`t changed from 2 stokes to 4 for other reason ?
Meaning the 4 stroke 250 was very close ?

3.The biggest budgets in F1 are the ones of the biggest producers , meaning Toyota.
Before replying do your homework , or don`t reply at all.

4. :lol: :lol: come on , you gotta do better than that .

If they had the biggest package of shares that doesn`t mean Ducati was american :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The engineers , meaning those who built the bikes : all italians.
Of course , you envy americans would like to have that kind of bike manufacturer , but hey , you lack the high level know how.

5.Do you know what R&D and T&E means ? And it has to do when where talking about money.

RC45
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
1.Are You sure that you have your history right ?

The italians RULED 2 stroke category for YEARS .

Meccanica Verghera Agusta rings a bell ? I doubt .
Tell us all when was the last time a non-Japanese 500cc 2 stroke won anything?

I am right - you are wrong :)

You will note that when the Japanese motorcycle began to rule the street, it then began to rule the track.

I have forgotten more about motorcycling history than you will ever know ;)

2.Are you sure that they didn`t changed from 2 stokes to 4 for other reason ?
Meaning the 4 stroke 250 was very close ?

I will let you fix your above statement yourself... 4 stroke 250.. ;) hehe

3.The biggest budgets in F1 are the ones of the biggest producers , meaning Toyota.
Before replying do your homework , or don`t reply at all.

4. :lol: :lol: come on , you gotta do better than that .

Please inform us about the great non-Japanese (and specifcally non-Honda) victories in Endurance and TT racing since 1979.

Please we are waiting. :)

If they had the biggest package of shares that doesn`t mean Ducati was american :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uhm - not the "biggest shares" - the outright owners at one stage... Texas Pacific Group saved Ducati from bankruptcy and nursed yet another failing Italian company back to health.

Italians are just not that great at business it seems... :P

The engineers , meaning those who built the bikes : all italians.
Of course , you envy americans would like to have that kind of bike manufacturer , but hey , you lack the high level know how.

You of course know that the only significant designer that they have had in the last 20 years is South African... right?

5.Do you know what R&D and T&E means ? And it has to do when where talking about money.
Who cares?

If you are good - you win... if you suck - you lose. :P

RC45
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
*chirp* *chirp* ;)

RAMMIUS
10-25-2005, 04:02 AM
From 1958 to 1974 , MV Agusta had 17 !!! (got that?) STRAIGHT titles in the 500cc class only , and guess what , 2 stroke :lol:

ok? Where was Honda ? :roll:

About endurance races well :lol: at TT , your beloved Honda , again it`s ruled by .....Yamaha :mrgreen: , and the non japanese bike at the 3rd pos it`s an euro one : Norton and that`s a good place :)

About Texas pacific group : they invested because it was a good business (or americans are dumb , and invest in a non profitable business ?) and in a short time they made a ''few'' bucks . :mrgreen:

RC , I`am asking you : do you know the difference between DESIGNER and ENGINEER ???????

So ''If you are good - you win... if you suck - you lose. ''

Well Honda sucks quite bad now (MotoGp and WorldSBK) :lol: , and you could have only one conclusion : they had all those titles because that Italian master was their title winning machine , when Rossi moved to Yamaha :lol: :bye: Honda :twisted:

Anyway we are Way OFF TOPIC because of :

''Too little too late...

Honda perfected the V4 15 years ago.. (and before that the V3 )

V5 is where it's at these days... ''

your reply that didn`t add nothing constructive to the topic , and you`ve tried to prove that Honda it`s better than Ducati :lol: :lol:

If I was in your shoes I wouldn`t have the guts to call that superior , because , as I said before , it got his ass kicked by an in-line 4 and a V4 :mrgreen: