PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit...Halo Movie!

Chaos in 1983!
10-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Peter Jackson Overseeing Halo Movie

By Patrick Klepek

Who knew? The rumors are actually somewhat true. Acclaimed (and fanboy loved) director Peter Jackson and collaborator Fran Walsh are tapped to executive produce the upcoming Halo adaptation from Univeral Studios and 20th Century Fox. Mary Parent and Scott Stuber will act as producers alongside Peter Schlessel.

No, that doesn't mean Jackson will be directing, but with creative minds like this at the helm, you can be assured Uwe Boll and Paul W.S. Anderson are far, far away. Halo's been dealt the real deal with it comes to Hollywood filmmaking, and I don't think anyone will blame me when I respond to this news with a resounding: holy sh*t. Someone's finally taking videogame movies seriously.

Full story here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144311

Damn I can't wait!...and PJ will be running the show...fucking awesome... :D

too bad we will have to wait until 2007...

stracing
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
when was the last time a movie based on a game turned out good?

Fleischmann
10-11-2005, 02:12 AM
^^exactly, and it doesn't look like it will be getting any better. They will also be making a movie based on the series Hitman Codename and so far Vin Diesel has been chosen for the main role :( WHYYYYYYYYY ?? :(

To my knowledge in the near few years we will be able to see Max Payne and Doom in the cinema.

Toronto
10-11-2005, 02:25 PM

If you play halo and halo2 while you are playing it is so movie like (sounds, video, storyline) the transition would be very easy to pull off.

gis
10-11-2005, 03:28 PM
This is good news,ive always thought that if any game would be good when made into a movie,it would be this one

nthfinity
10-11-2005, 06:06 PM
super mario bros. was AWSOME!!!!! :P :wink:

pharzo
10-14-2005, 06:15 AM
a max payne movie? like the game wasn't cinematic enough?

vin diesel is of course all wrong for 47, but the halo movie might be good

putting a heavyweight like jackson behind it should help with the casting, and maybe the studio won't get orlando bloom to play john 117

homemade wrx
10-23-2005, 11:43 PM
me and my friends are huge halo fans...mostly because we are all poor college kids...I had heard a rumor that there was going to be a movie but didn't get to see anything in writing....
thanks for sharing the info
-Micah

edit: sorry I didn't realize this was a week old... :oops: