PDA

View Full Version : Another Top Gear Isle of man feature on the way :-)

Anonymous
10-08-2005, 09:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/isle_of_man/4315444.stm

Roads on the Isle of Man will be closed next week to allow presenters from BBC Two's Top Gear to take three sports cars for a spin.

All three of the programme's stars - Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May - will be filming on the island between Tuesday and Thursday.

They will be reviewing three high performance cars for the new series to be shown later in the year.

Executive producer Andy Wilman said: "We love the Isle of Man."

He added: "The roads are stunning and the opportunity to grab a few hours to film on them in complete safety will allow us to make some fantastic television and hopefully do the locations proud."

The Mountain road between Ramsey Hairpin and the Bungalow will be closed between 0930 BST and 1530 BST on Tuesday.

The Sloc Road and Marine Drive, Douglas, will also be closed for certain periods between Tuesday and Thursday.

Tourism minister David Cretney said the publicity the programme will create in the UK would benefit the island.

Now anybody here live there/ fancy a trip :P

Fleischmann
10-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Cool :D Any clue as to which cars will be tested there ??

graywolf624
10-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Interesting, though if I lived on the isle of man I don't know that Id be too happy with them shutting down my roads.

No.1
10-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Wahey!!!

At least this will shit-stir it with the road safety/pro-gatso campaigners 8)

Anonymous
10-08-2005, 10:50 AM

not that i've seen, trying to think what cars ahave come out recently theat they havn't tested

nthfinity
10-08-2005, 11:27 AM

not that i've seen, trying to think what cars ahave come out recently theat they havn't tested
well... there are the new Evo/STi's that have just come out... but there would also have to be a third contender... mabey a golf R32?

i would assume they would bring very good handling cars, but not obtuse power, nor super wide...

graywolf624
10-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Z06?
civic?
lexus is?
cayman?
ect

blah
10-08-2005, 05:44 PM
M6?

coloradosilver
10-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Z06?
civic?
lexus is?
cayman?
ect

With as few shows as they're doing this fall and given how difficult that it has been for even the US to get their Z06's, I doubt that you'll be seeing the Z06 at all this fall on TG.

graywolf624
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Actually.. Im wondering if they already did for the video given there comments about the vid with a suprisingly good vette.

nthfinity
10-08-2005, 07:28 PM
not only that, but GM has been actively giving european jurnalists the new Z to drive

SilviaEvo
10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
wow this feature will be good! but i wonder if James will take advantage of the no speed limits

Anonymous
10-19-2005, 07:21 AM
http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1219697

Details on the cars that went to the isle of man, sounds like an awesome feature :D :D :D (very slow to load here though)

also, interesting.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/isle_of_man/4338798.stm

Anonymous
10-19-2005, 08:03 AM
... so we have the cars - 997, M6 and AMV8 :P

It will be a great feature, that's for sure!! :D

and the stig thrashing them on closed roads :D :D

yg60m
10-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Wow, on every season I wonder how they (Top Gear and 5th Gear) could do better ! But they always surprise me so that I don't know which season is the best :shock:
How lucky you are in England having 2 extraordinary shows ... and how lucky we are to have Jabba :wink:

yg60m
10-19-2005, 10:00 AM
How lucky you are in England having 2 extraordinary shows ...

You can't complain dude - at least you have the Turbo program. We have nothing in Spain... nothing :? :cry:

LOL, you're true mate :P Sometimes Turbo makes nice tests, I will post their test of the Maserati MC12 (Race car) soon if it isn't in the Vault :wink:

Max Power
10-19-2005, 10:49 AM
hahaha, why would Clarkson be required to own sheep...or 7 sheep...

Anonymous
10-19-2005, 10:55 AM
hahaha, why would Clarkson be required to own sheep...or 7 sheep...

some funny Isle of man law probably. I would guess there were conditions on him buying the house that he farmed it and 7 sheep was the minimum to qualify as a farm :lol:

dylan99
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM

Not the 911 but the Cayman! That's what i think.

Anonymous
10-19-2005, 07:45 PM

Not the 911 but the Cayman! That's what i think.

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/treasury/tttimingsystemhi.xml

TT Timing System hits Top Gear - Treasury Press Release

Working closely with the Department of Tourism and Leisure and the Manx Motorcycle Club, Treasury’s Information Systems Division (ISD) has, over the last two seasons, implemented a 21st century approach to TT and Grand Prix Race Management and Timing. Known as the RaceMann project, this has also been a labour of love for some of ISD’s bikers.

The system was in full operation at this year’s TT and Grand Prix and provided real time tracking on a sector by sector basis of riders’ performance and position. This not only helped the Clerk of the Course, Neil Hanson, and his team of officials in getting almost immediate results at the end of each event, but also gave the Manx Radio commentary team a level of information they have not had before.

But the spin-off came earlier this week when ISD supported the DTL in providing a timing service for Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear team when they were filming on the mountain road on Tuesday. In horrendous weather conditions, ISD managed to lay temporary timing loops allowing the programme’s presenters to have real-time performance information on three high performance vehicles – a Porsche 911 Carrera 2S, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and a BMW M6.

The effort was well worth-while and was praised on-camera by the presenters, reinforcing the Island’s reputation as “The Road Racing Capital of the World”. jw

The new Top Gear series featuring the Isle of Man filming will be shown from early November.

14th October 2005

Toronto
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
sounds like some nice highspeeds run they are going to have, would love to see the stig put in the stages.