PDA

View Full Version : Hook

ZfrkS62
09-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I can't believe how old this movie is already. This movie was my first exposure to Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. I remember watching this movie 2 or 3 times a week at one point after it came out on video.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102057/

Even watching it now it's amazing how good the special effects were back in 91. The only noticeble thing really is the tell tale lines around Julia Roberts from where she was inserted into the scenes in post production after being shrunk down as Tinkerbell, and when Robin Willimas is flying over Neverland it's pretty bvious he was blue screened onto a model, but back then i think it was probably the best anyone had done.

Speilberg did a great job directing, as usual, and really took this movie to a level that i don't think any other director could have taken it.

gucom
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
i lvoe the story of peter pan, and i love how all of those creepy things are woven into a children's story...but i've never seen a film of it, only an animation film by disney i believe...loved that too :D
i htink Peter Pan was one of my favourite stories when i was a child...i have very fond memories of it :D so maybe i should dl this film some time...

Fleischmann
09-25-2005, 05:14 PM
That was one of my favourite films as a child. It will be on Polish TV tomorrow I believe, so that will be my entertainment for the evening. I like the way they implemented the Peter Pan character into a basically new story, very different to the original story.

And I've only just realised that Dustin Hoffman played Captain Hook...I didn;t recognise him as a kid.