PDA

View Full Version : SLC Punk

ZfrkS62
09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133189/

This movie is probably one of Matthew Lillards best. Not a mainstream release by any means, and one of my favorites.

A narrated account by Stevo (Matt Lillard) about his and his small tribe of punks in SLC, Utah in 1985. Follows them from the height of their Anarchistic lifestyle to the realization that the lifestyle just doesn't work. Shit load of laughs along the way, especially when Sean, fried on acid that absorbed into his system when running through sprinklers while avoiding a security guard, thinks he's stranded in the middle of the ocean and that Heroin Bob is Jesus coming to save him.

I've only seen a couple of the actors in any other movies after this besides Lillard. It was the debut if Till Schweiger (Mark) who would later star alongside Sly Stallone in Driven. Devon Sawa (Sean) and Jason Segel (Mike) would later star together in the movie Slackers. Michael Goorjin (Heroin Bob) i have only seen on an episode of CSI: LV when he played an Autistic book restorer.

Do yourself a favor and check this one out though. you might like it :D

ZfrkS62
09-23-2005, 12:04 AM
it's really hard to say where the climax of the movie is, but i can def. point out the anti climax :( It took me 2 yers to see it actually. Came out in 99 and i didn't see it until my sr year. man was i missing out 8)

gigdy
09-23-2005, 09:32 PM
I havent seen this in forever, i cant really remember it since it was so damn wierd.