PDA

View Full Version : Fawlty Towers 30 years + 2 days

HeilSvenska
09-21-2005, 03:13 AM
The Fawlty Towers has to be my absolutely favourite situational comedy show. It's not exactly subtle, but John Cleese is just too funny. Anyone else like that programme?

N.J.
09-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Yep - a classic :D

Can't beat the Pommie Humour (ie. Yes Minister, Minder etc.)

Anonymous
09-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Shows like this illustrate why alot of british comedy has been so great over the years and watched again and again, just 12 episodes of comedy perfection, "basil the rat" and "the builders" are my favourites

HeilSvenska
09-24-2005, 03:20 PM
never even heard of it, where was this show from and what about??

It was on BBC 30 years ago...and still syndicated,one of those shows that won't go away, like Last of the Summer Wine. Anyways, It's a about a hotel owner in Torquay, Devon who makes a farce out seemingly innocent situations.

Daggernite
09-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Faulty Tower is a Classic and kinda has the the same humour as the office I thought.

TransAm
10-16-2005, 12:23 AM
The Fawlty Towers has to be my absolutely favourite situational comedy show. It's not exactly subtle, but John Cleese is just too funny. Anyone else like that programme?

Absolutely the best! My favourite comedy show. I dunno that they'd get away with some of the jokes in this PC age though!

Farty Owls :lol:

Flowery Twats :lol:

and as you already said, Flay Otters! :lol:

I'd make you a salad in honour of this thread, but I ran out of Waldorfs. :mrgreen:

edit: streuth, in danger of digging up old threads here! better go watch some F1 or something.