PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Affairs

ae86_16v
09-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie? Actually it has 3 parts. By far the best Chinese movie I have ever seen!!! HK cinema has definitely stepped it up for this one.

It is really in the Spy vs Spy genre. Story is based around two guys, one is a cop going undercover into Triads and the second guy is a Triad going undercover into the Triads. So the cat and mouse begins. Very original story line.

So original that Hollywood again is stealing another idea ;). Apparently Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio are doing a remake of this. Directed by Martin Scorcese called The Departed. Based in Boston w/ the Irish gangs vs the Boston PD.

Definitely try to catch the Chinese version before the watching the American one.

stracing
09-19-2005, 12:01 AM
i have em all but can't be stuffed watching it even though everyone said it was good

ae86_16v
09-19-2005, 01:28 AM
^ Yup looks like it is right.

Rent the first one first. Then in case you don't like it, then you don't have to see the rest of the story ;) .

ae86_16v
09-19-2005, 01:40 AM
the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/infernal_affairs.html

ah, and i knew there was something between the 2 guys, they were good friends before hand.

I think the trailer might have messed up. They weren't friends. They met each other at the police academy.

ARMAN
01-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanx for trailer Ronin this looks like a good movie, dont want to ruin my excitement of "The Departured" thou by seeing it :mrgreen:

Mattk
01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
^It won't completely spoil The Departed if you don't see the third movie. 8)

Butch
02-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Excellent movies.