PDA

View Full Version : [question] DVD buying guide in UK?

sheruken
09-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey all,
I am from India and I want to buy the DVDs of few American TV Shows (The O.C. and 24 *both Season 1 and 2 for both these shows*). Now generally ordering it online is a real pain, as the customs here are aweful, even the import duty on DVDs is too high. But I have a friend who's visiting England now. And I want him to get me these DVDs, but its been a while since I've been there, so I dont know where or which stores to look for, so he can get these shows easily. I also wanted Entourage Season 1 (and 2 if it is out) on DVD, can someone tell me if it is easily available in England? Like I know in the USA its available in every Target / Wallmart / BestBuys etc.. But not too sure about UK. He's somewhere near London, not sure where exactly, but can someone please help??
Thanks!

pharzo
09-19-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that only the 1st season of Entourage is out on DVD

And it's only Region 1 for now, so probably not widely available in the UK

But most shows should be available in a Virgin Megastore

Also, if he's staying somewhere not-hotelly, the best thing might be to get his address, then place an order on amazon.co.uk

gis
09-19-2005, 07:34 AM
There are a few major DVD retail stores here,get your friend to check out HMV and MVC,they are the 2 main stores i go to for DVD's and they have huge selections.but as ive found they arent always the cheapest,as i buy most of my DVD's off play.com

but your best bet is either HMV or MVC stores :)