PDA

View Full Version : Friends

430csjj
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Anybody watch friends?? I watch it lots and I think its one of my favourite series ever. Shame it ended though. I`m hoping to get a box set or something.

Toronto
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
proud to say I have never seen a full show of friends. why watch friends whe you can watch seinfeld?

TT
09-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Watched every single episode the first time they were aired, watched them over and over again for years.. I think at least 10 times each one, probably more. Of course I have all the seasons on DVD, but the reruns are everywhere, so almost no need for them atm ;)

One of the best series ever!

gucom
09-13-2005, 03:59 PM
ahh i like friends alot but its aired at a time when im usually at dinner here...seinfeld is great too :D but my favourite series are JAG and lost...favourite sitcom prolly the nanny :D

antonioledesma
09-13-2005, 05:33 PM
not my fave show. I avoided it for many years until I had a girlfriend who watched it a lot.
If there's absolutely nothing on tv I'll see it, if not I would prefer to see almost any other show

ARMAN
09-13-2005, 05:45 PM
One of few shows aired here so yes, I like it :mrgreen: Chendler's faces and jokes are funny :)

Max Power
09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Friends was good until season 6, then it got shit...Seinfeld just had the greatest writing of all time...the best/hilarious supporting characers (Newman, Soup Nazi, the ribbon guys, Mr. Pitt, Jackie Childs...)

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Ross: "where's the duck?"
Chandler: "he's in the bathroom. Chick pissed him off"

i love that show. It's on about 5 times a day here :D in fact in 30 minutes there is an hour block of it :D

TransAm
09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Ross: "where's the duck?"
Chandler: "he's in the bathroom. Chick pissed him off"

i love that show. It's on about 5 times a day here :D in fact in 30 minutes there is an hour block of it :D

Yeah its not a bad show, just a bit long in the tooth now. I've seen most of the episodes at least twice.

One show they should export to the UK (which the UK dont get...yet) is Everybody Loves Raymond

To 430csjj: I reccommend you try and 'find' :wink: this and watch a couple of episodes...The humour is very dry and quite funny. I think msot Brits would find it funny. :)

Max Power
09-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Ross: 18 pages...front and back....very exciting, hahahha....the beach house is prolly the funniest episode...maybe the stretchy pants one too
'stretchy pants?!?!....well that the greatest thing in the world, If I were u I'd wear them all the time, ALL the time!!' :lol:

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Ross: 18 pages...front and back....very exciting, hahahha....the beach house is prolly the funniest episode...maybe the stretchy pants one too
'stretchy pants?!?!....well that the greatest thing in the world, If I were u I'd wear them all the time, ALL the time!!' :lol:

No, the episode after that was funnier.

"you fell asleEEEp?!"
"It was 5:30 in the morning and you ahd RAMBLED ON for 18 pages. FRONT AND BACK!!"

:lol: That whole argument was fucking hilarious. Especially Rachel's final come back :lol: :lol:

Max Power
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
hahahahhahahahahahahaha...

'hey this is a family place....put the mouse back in the house'

Phoebe's farmer song is hilarious

Oh the cow in the meadow goes "moo"
Oh the cow in the meadow goes "moo"
Then the farmer hits him on the head and grinds him up
And that's how we get hamburgers.
Noooowwwww chickens!

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
"Ross, tell Chandler that that's how they do pants"

"Yeah, that's how they do it..in PRISON!"

Max Power
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
its too bad there are no more sitcoms...Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Married with Children, Fresh prince...tv is shit

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 10:01 PM
how do you classify Arrested Development?

Seinfeld is ok if there is nothing else on, Fraiser i avoid like the plague, Fresh Prince was just getting irritating in the end. i never even watch the reruns. Married with Children...I wish they'd put back on the air the way they do friends and the simpsons :D

That 70's Show is cool too.

Max Power
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
its unclassifyable...
...That 70's show is wicked 'I can't wait to c Star Whores...Fez its SW... screw that' :lol:

Smallville is pretty decent...but stuff like 2 and 1/2 men and Something about Jim, or amyhing Fox puts out is :puke:

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
ugh, i can't stand the WB. all a bunch of mindless drivel.

now wait...Fox puts out Family Guy. Are you telling me Family Guy is :puke: ?

Max Power
09-13-2005, 10:23 PM
there can be exceptions to :puke: ... the Simpsons are not, Family Guy is

another show that's done for, Spin City

ZfrkS62
09-13-2005, 10:26 PM
ooh...i loved that show. Right up until Sheen took over for Fox :(

Becker was amusing for the 2 or 3 seasons it was on. hardly a smash hit but it was always funny when the Cheers cast would guest star :D

stmoritzer
09-14-2005, 03:10 AM
the last season is currently aired every Tuesday on PRO7 (german Tv)

one of the best series, watch every episode in the past years, I think

ZfrkS62
09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
MASH is a great show.

I loved the torment that Hawkeye and BJ dealt to Ferret Face on a regular basis :D

King of Queens has it's moments but it's nowhere near Everybody loves Raymond. The chemistry of that cast was great. I would have to say that Peter Boyle was really the funniest of them all.

That 70's Show is just pure hilarity :D I think though that they are closing in on the 80's rather fast though. wasn't the last season 1979?

Max Power
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Seinfeld
Friends
That 70's show
Spin City
Fresh Prince
Family Guy
Frasier
Bernie Mac show
Simpsons (first 5 seasons)

gucom
09-14-2005, 02:41 PM
"Ross, tell Chandler that that's how they do pants"

"Yeah, that's how they do it..in PRISON!"
aw man that episode was great :lol:
come to think of it i like 'allo 'allo alot too :D
MASH was pretty funny at times, and Spin city...well the only episodes i remember is where he dates heidi klum :D

Max Power
09-14-2005, 06:29 PM
damn forgott about spin city that was good, until J Fox had to quit.....

I also remembered "Third rock from the sun"...that was a great show too..... :D

yah, I was just thinking of that....Dick was hilarious....

Mary Albright: I think you look distinguished with gray hair.
Dick Solomon: Thank you. I think you would look distinguished with gray hair, too.
Mary Albright: No. When men get gray hair, they look distinguished. When women get gray hair, they look old.
Dick Solomon: When women get breasts, they look sexy. When men get breasts, they look old.
Mary Albright: Good point!

ZfrkS62
09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Mary Albright: I think you look distinguished with gray hair.
Dick Solomon: Thank you. I think you would look distinguished with gray hair, too.
Mary Albright: No. When men get gray hair, they look distinguished. When women get gray hair, they look old.
Dick Solomon: When women get breasts, they look sexy. When men get breasts, they look old.
Mary Albright: Good point!

:lol:

I completely forgot about that show. I found the first few seasons amusing, but after that it just got old.

TransAm
09-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Im just tought about it, and its kind of pathetic that we know this much about shows like this, and can even quote random things from various of them....no pun to you max as I do the same all the time..... :oops:

Germans, Fawlty? :wink:

Sorry, we're right out of Waldorfs

It's not a hampster (sic) it's a rat!

etc etc :lol:

Max Power
09-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Im just tought about it, and its kind of pathetic that we know this much about shows like this, and can even quote random things from various of them....no pun to you max as I do the same all the time..... :oops:

I've gotten all the quotes off google, even so, if we knew this much about crap shows, or watched survivor and quoted them word for word then it would be a different story...