PDA

View Full Version : Crash

crayzayjay
09-08-2005, 07:14 PM
SYNOPSIS

A Brentwood housewife and her DA husband. A Persian store owner. Two police detectives who are also lovers. A black television director and his wife. A Mexican locksmith. Two car-jackers. A rookie cop. A middle-aged Korean couple... They all live in Los Angeles. And in the next 36 hours, they will all collide...

--------------------

Has anyone seen this movie? It's absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend it in case you haven't seen it. :good:

Ghostbat
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Have the DVD at home and plan to see it soon. Has gotten good reviews all over.

T-Bird
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
yep I saw this one a few weeks ago the movie was produced by Blockbusters company DEJ (on the side of the case) so they had us all watch it and I have a shirt for it I wear at work. I simply love this movie one of the best in a long time Don Cheadle makes some damn good movies (Hotel Rwanda)

ae86_16v
09-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Cool, I love these movies (Pulp Fiction) definitely will check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Toronto
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
very good movie, definitely better then I thought it would of been,
I would recommend it

No.1
09-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Great movie IMO

The racism part of it is so true, but makes it a bit uncomfortable to watch. Even though its a movie, you still get infuriated knowing that people actually think like those being portrayed.

Still, an awesome movie, and well shot (when the shopkeeper pulls the gun on the locksmith is especially good)

RC45
09-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Great movie IMO

The racism part of it is so true, but makes it a bit uncomfortable to watch. Even though its a movie, you still get infuriated knowing that people actually think like those being portrayed.

Still, an awesome movie, and well shot (when the shopkeeper pulls the gun on the locksmith is especially good)

Having just watched it - you should not feel "uncomfortable" at it's truths - if they indeed are truths...

The movie could serve a number of purposes,

One it is an excuse for the way everyone acts - bigotted racist motherfuckers... but you must question why only whites get persocuted for being "rascist" - yet other enthic groups are excused fro this behaviour.

A second purpose is to simply show everyone is one big soppy happy family and all alike under the skin - peace - love and joy and other poofta sentiments ;)

No.1
09-11-2005, 09:33 AM

One it is an excuse for the way everyone acts - bigotted racist motherfuckers... but you must question why only whites get persocuted for being "rascist" - yet other enthic groups are excused fro this behaviour.

Ethnic groups get away with racism, but the only guy to die in the movie is black - shot by a white cop :|

I don't wanna start a rant or discussion, just a coincidence i noticed :wink:

RC45
09-11-2005, 11:32 AM

Ethnic groups get away with racism, but the only guy to die in the movie is black - shot by a white cop :|

I don't wanna start a rant or discussion, just a coincidence i noticed :wink:

SPOILER BELOW

You just proved my point.

Thank you.

The "persian" tried to kill a Mexican - but the gun had blanks - the death was planned but "poeticly didn't kill him. Intent was murder but overlooked because no whites involved.

The black guys ran over the "Chinaman" leaving him for dead.... he just happened to survive. Intent was murder but overlooked because no whites involved.

:)

In other words the modern world has been conditioned to single white folks out :) ;)

No.1
09-11-2005, 11:36 AM
^^^

LOL... ure such a smart ass, answer for everything this guy :lol:

Hats off to you, sir :clap:

RC45
09-11-2005, 11:53 AM
^^^

LOL... ure such a smart ass, answer for everything this guy :lol:

Hats off to you, sir :clap:

We gotta keep the visitors entertained ;) :P

c0wb0y007
10-06-2006, 04:27 PM
One of the best movies I have seen lately !!!