PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Society's Mafia

pharzo
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Man I don't know how ol' Zakk does it...but he manages to make a new awesome album every year. Some artists take 5, but this guy just churns it out. My only complaint is the stupid sticker they put on the cover "Featuring Radio Hit 'Suicide Messiah'"

They did it on the "Blessed Hellride" as well. Marketing sucks :twisted:

Any SDMF's here? :wink:

Toronto
09-07-2005, 12:17 AM
meh... the albums he does make are sub-to-avg. at best...
really non-ranking in any metal albums list, recycled riffs and effects and a lyrics that are sub-par always. a poor excuse for a "I want to start a southern rock band"
but I guess that is what happens when you have a guy playing on a Epiphone rather then a gibson :P

and putting an album out ever year is a joke really and nothing to be proud of, back in the good ol' days it would take a couple of days to make an albums and people where putting out good albums every year (just look @ zeppelin and the beatles, led zeppelin made led zeppelin in less then 24 hours total time, hendrix made 2 albums in the span of 6 months and 2 underground records in new york in 2 nights.

pharzo
09-07-2005, 05:34 AM
but I guess that is what happens when you have a guy playing on a Epiphone rather then a gibson

It's not like he decided to go for the budget version...he has a signature guitar. It's not like it's built down to a price or anything. Besides, there's something commendable about not using a $15k+ exotic guitar.

and putting an album out ever year is a joke really and nothing to be proud of, back in the good ol' days it would take a couple of days to make an albums and people where putting out good albums every year (just look @ zeppelin and the beatles, led zeppelin made led zeppelin in less then 24 hours total time, hendrix made 2 albums in the span of 6 months and 2 underground records in new york in 2 nights.

"back in the good ol' days" is the key phrase in that statement