PDA

View Full Version : Transporter 2 : Any opinions yet?

coloradosilver
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Was going to see a movie this weekend and was thinking about seeing the Transporter 2. Just wondering if anyone here has seen it yet and if it's woth my time. Any opinions are well appreciated! Thanks!

Minacious
09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Did you see the first one? If you did and liked that, you will like this.
These types of movies are what I call mindless entertainment. Godawful acting, huge explosions, questionable physics, pointless fights just to be fighting, etc. It is a pure popcorn flick. Once out of the theater, you will forgot what it was that you just saw. Knowing this you will enjoy it for what is it; disposable fun.

ae86_16v
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I hated the first one with the exception of the first scene w/ the BMW 7. Other wise the first movie was crap.

Overall, I think this one is much better, but then again that is not saying much when compared to the first one. Minacious you are right though, it really is just mindless entertainment. Just don't think about it too much and ask why, you'll have fun. If you analysis the film too much then you'll not like it.

Some good surprise, good plot development.

I recommend it if you are just looking to have fun :).

blinkmeat
09-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I hated the first one with the exception of the first scene w/ the BMW 7. Other wise the first movie was crap.

Overall, I think this one is much better, but then again that is not saying much when compared to the first one.

Totally agree. What a hunk of crap. I really like Jason Statham though.

TransAm
09-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Overall, I think this one is much better, but then again that is not saying much when compared to the first one.

Totally agree. What a hunk of crap. I really like Jason Statham though.

:shock: Too much information!

nthfinity
09-03-2005, 11:52 PM
jason who?
oh, guy from lock stock/ snatch... :lol:... handsom rob (new [not as good] italian job)

the 7 series chase scene was awsome in #1 (too bad it was an inline 6, rather then a 760... no matter, it looked fast.

i'll likely see the new one sometime... i was just hoping for a RONIN style lots of car chase scenes

SFDMALEX
09-04-2005, 12:58 AM
lock stock

Thats a great movie!

ae86_16v
09-04-2005, 06:03 AM
jason who?
oh, guy from lock stock/ snatch... :lol:... handsom rob (new [not as good] italian job)

the 7 series chase scene was awsome in #1 (too bad it was an inline 6, rather then a 760... no matter, it looked fast.

i'll likely see the new one sometime... i was just hoping for a RONIN style lots of car chase scenes

Ronin had a lot better chase scenes. So if you are only going for that, I would not recommend it. Not many people could top Frankenheimer.

bmwmpower
09-04-2005, 06:48 AM
check this scene from transporter 2
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/transporter_2/transporter_2-clip1_320.mov
http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?tab=trailers&mid=22260

with W 12 AUDI
http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2005/fox/transporter2/filmclips/trans2_clip.mov

blinkmeat
09-04-2005, 07:29 PM

I don't think the 760 was around then was it? I think it was either a 740 or a 750 if I'm not mistaken.

The Audi in the new one looks incredible though. So do the fight scenes :D

I'll dl it.

Skaala
09-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I think it's great... I have identical interior in the my daily ride=)

twboy1999
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
i enjoyed this movie

even though some secene seems to fake, and impossible in real life.. but thats the way these type of movies are anywayz... a big escape in reality...

and the main character should really be a hit man.. he really looks like one

5vz-fe
09-05-2005, 10:35 AM

I don't think the 760 was around then was it? I think it was either a 740 or a 750 if I'm not mistaken.

The Audi in the new one looks incredible though. So do the fight scenes :D

I'll dl it.

It was a 730i (inline 6), I think that's what nthfinity meant.
The 2nd one looks like a higher budget movie, but I still haven't decide if I should go to the theaters and watch that tho :?

The Transporter
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Only the car is great in that movie... nothing else...

oscargarza88
10-04-2005, 12:28 AM
well i kinda disagree with u guys..
i liked the first one... alot... the second one was a let down... i expected more... it was toooo unreal, im not sayin the 1rst one looked real but it wasnt soo fake..
like the explosions and the car... nothing happened to it even though it jumped thru buildings....
it had some good pats but i expected more...