PDA

View Full Version : Ayrton Senna

a007apl
11-18-2003, 12:27 PM
For me Senna its the Best piolt of F1, in all times :D
I hate your Death.
I think if he Lives: Senna Vs. Michael,this Battle its Great...
... but he is death :oops:

fedezyl
11-18-2003, 01:11 PM
I agree with you, for me Senna IS the greatest F1 driver ever, seing him fly through the bends when it was raining was awesome! :D

pedrohmb
12-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Yess
Senna is the best driver i´ve ever seem. Nobody won a race driving a Toleman (!?). He did. Nobody have more poles than Senna...
SENNA FOREVER

sikx5
12-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Senna sure was a legend. Even though i was not old enough to understand, i remember watching the F1 races, it was awesome to see him drive. wish i paid more attention :(

a007apl
12-16-2003, 01:59 PM
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3852

Toronto
12-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Senna was the best, he was the most wild driver unlike Prost who was very nerdy,

michael schumacher would loose to Senna any day of the week!

Grossi
12-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Agreed. Senna was a remarkable driver, it's quite unfortunate that we could not witness more of his races :(

oscargarza88
12-16-2003, 07:27 PM
I agree with you, for me Senna IS the greatest F1 driver ever, seing him fly through the bends when it was raining was awesome! :D

i am amazes how he drives in the wet!!!!!!

Toronto
12-16-2003, 08:59 PM

i am amazes how he drives in the wet!!!!!!

it amazes me how he drove on the wet in slicks

chernobyl
12-17-2003, 04:23 AM
it amazes me how he drove on the wet in slicks

SPA 95, Schumi has that ability too. :)

Senna probably was the best but we really got no chance to compare him and Schumacher. In 94 Schumacher was 3-0 up on Senna but Benneton were [very likely] cheating that season and Senna had great difficulty setting up his Williams. Senna was the best then, Schumacher is now.

Britty
12-28-2003, 04:39 AM
It was amazing watching him and to see what he could do in an inferior car....but when he had the best car he just anihilated everyone else.....him driving that red and white mclaren around monaco is stuck in my mind like a photo

I'm trying to remember but wasn't senna on pole for the first 4 races of 1994 and just suffered from reliability in the races?

kawa22
12-28-2003, 05:15 AM
http://www.wallpaper.f-1.ru/senna/800x600/senna-5.jpg
Forever THE BEST

draak666
12-28-2003, 07:14 AM
I'm also a bit nostalgic to Senna's times but IMO it's pretty useless to compare him with Schumacher or any other driver. First of all F1 is motorsport, this means that you cannot judge drivers individually. It's always how a driver and a car perform together. Therefore it's already difficult to compare him to other drivers of his time, let alone compare him to drivers of another time. And finally, results are relative to the the competition you're up against.

tekwar
12-28-2003, 08:46 AM
I'm also a bit nostalgic to Senna's times but IMO it's pretty useless to compare him with Schumacher or any other driver. First of all F1 is motorsport, this means that you cannot judge drivers individually. It's always how a driver and a car perform together. Therefore it's already difficult to compare him to other drivers of his time, let alone compare him to drivers of another time. And finally, results are relative to the the competition you're up against.

Draak666 is right, its impossible to compare drivers from different eras. But it would had been a dream to see these two champions fight each other.

Although in my own "personal" opinion, given the same machinery, i would put my money on Senna, mostly because he is my favorite driver of all time. :P

bmwfreak
12-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Ayrton Senna, according to Martin Brundle, would have pipped Schumi to all of the titles Schumi has won so far. Schumi has been in arguably the best car for the last 4 years, but we saw last season how terrifyingly close Williams and McLaren got to the Ferrari's performance capabilities, and how rattled Schumi got, Suzuka circa 2003. What would've happened had Senna, instead of Montoya or Ralf, driven the Williams? I'll stick my neck out and say that the FW25 was actually as good as the F2003-GA, but Schumi made the difference. Senna could've become 7-times world champion, yes, as planet-f1.com says. But in F1, so much is dependent on the machinery, the tyres, the synergy and harmony between driver and car. In that respect, Senna seemed more accomplished than Schumi, seemingly more able to extract that last ounce of performance. Senna in a modern day Williams VS Schumi? Senna.

yg60m
12-28-2003, 09:22 AM
He had a "Spirit" Schumacher never had. He was almost "mystical" and was the master of pure speed ; think about it : he always have the Pole Position record despite runing less races than Schumacher and having more opposition than him, including his own team mates, Schumacher never had any opposition in his teams, they were always dedicated to him. However, he rarely make mistakes and is undoubtly an extraordinary driver, he miss tha Senna aura.

kayser-soze
12-31-2003, 04:29 PM
senna is a myth. schumi is only a lucky rokkie campared to senna. If senna was alive now, schumi would probably be a mechanic and change SENNA' s tyres in the pit instead of being a pilot and racing

alondahan
12-31-2003, 05:45 PM
senna is a myth. schumi is only a lucky rokkie campared to senna. If senna was alive now, schumi would probably be a mechanic and change SENNA' s tyres in the pit instead of being a pilot and racing

lol :lol: but I absolutely agree.

scubywrxr
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Senna will always be a legend of F1, amazing qualifying ability and had sheer speed in the worst of conditions. Schumie cannot compare to him for all of his records IMHO. Fangio is another driver who had "IT", the immeasureable quality and skill that takes a driver to a level above the rest!
Prost and shumie are a lot alike - technical drivers who always had the best team around them

kawa22
01-01-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.formula1news.it/video1/donington93.zip
http://www.formula1news.it/video1/84_senna_monaco.zip

NYCHonda
01-06-2004, 02:04 PM
I think Senna is the best driver at that era. I've always a big fan of Senna. I can't compare Senna with M.Schumacher though. I wouldn't who's the best. Although, I do love the way Senna drives more than M.Schumacher. In my opinion, Senna is far much better than Prost. I think he has the true personality of a race car driver.

fedezyl
01-06-2004, 02:09 PM
I think between Senna and Prost, Senna was bit better, but still Prost is one of the greatest drivers, I still remember the battle he had on the track with Senna, Schumacher is an excellent driver too, but the thing is that Senna can make any car go fast and win...

NYCHonda
01-06-2004, 02:12 PM
I think between Senna and Prost, Senna was bit better, but still Prost is one of the greatest drivers, I still remember the battle he had on the track with Senna, Schumacher is an excellent driver too, but the thing is that Senna can make any car go fast and win...

The race that I never forget was the Suzuka 89. It was a crazy battle between Prost & Senna.

bahkhok
01-13-2004, 07:33 AM
They are both the great drivers of there times. But I tend to favor Senna more. He never had team favoritisim. It was always both drivers get the same treatment. Why with MS if he is a great driver (and he is) within the team he is needed to be given special circumstances? Like a teamate that cant challenge him? Barichello for most of 2002 up until Suzuka.

666fast
01-13-2004, 08:00 AM
I agree with you. He was much better than Schumi. There´s no one like him from his die. This year is the 10th aniversary. Best drivers always die, why?: G.Villeneuve, A. Senna....

Gilles27
01-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I always like them for equal, altough Senna had much consistent rivals than Schumi. I think if he could drive nowadays, soon or later Schumi would defeat him, Schumi is more "perfect" capable to drive with the precision of machine trough a whole race.

gucom
01-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Prost and shumie are a lot alike - technical drivers who always had the best team around them

not entirely true, schumi came into F1 in the jordan, but they noticed his enormous talent immediately, so after 1 race he got to benneton, which wasnt 1 of the top teams at the time either. because schumi told then everything they needed to know, and benneton had the money to make the car perfect for him, he won. Same story at ferrari.

Schumi is more "perfect" capable to drive with the precision of machine trough a whole race.

thats true although i didnt c alot of his races, i doubt senna could drive so precisely for so many laps as schumacher.

and although, as has already been said, its hard if not impossible to compare drivers from different eras, but i think schumi is 1 of the greratest of al ltime, in a very different way than senna, or villeneuve. Those last two could really play during a race, schumi will never do that. thats 1 of the reasons the italians dont really like him, they say he doesnt have the passion that is ferrari. cant deny that.

stradale
01-13-2004, 03:26 PM
I always like them for equal, altough Senna had much consistent rivals than Schumi.

IMO Schumi had a consistant opponent for years. He's called Adrian Newey. I'm not trying to dismiss the qualities of Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and Mika Hakkinen, but I feel the decisive factors in the battle for the F1 championships since 1994 till around 2000 were the best driver and the best car designer. From the moment on that Ferrari came with a car that was about as fast and more reliable, Schumi really had the upper hand.

Senna was an incredible driver. Too bad Senna and Schumi never got to go head to head... Now that that hasn't happened it's no use comparing them. Same with Fangio and Schumi.

levensnevel
01-15-2004, 01:59 AM
I've been watching a 'rerun' of the 2001 documentary "Seismic Seconds - the death of Ayrton Senna" made by Darlow Smithson for UK based Channel Four Television on 'Dutch' National Geographic Channel last night at 20.00 hrs GMT (with dutch subtitles)
It was all a quite logical account of affairs.
I just learned that the 'UK' Channel Four aired a heavily edited repeat of the programme, that was first shown about three years ago, as from 21.00 hrs GMT last night.
Any change any of you Brits remember the 'original' 2001 documentary and happened to see the edited version last night ? And if so: what has been edited ?

In the footage I saw the conclusion was:
> the steeringcolumn only broke after the impact
> the car lost all it's 'groundforce' abillity due to the fact the groundclearance was 'nill' while entering Tamburello
> Ground clearance nill because the tyres were too cold (reduction of 25% in tyrepressure) when the race restarted after the pacecar situation)

So: did dutch NGC air the original 2001 documentary or the edited 2004 version ?

Anyone any thoughts ?

veilsidebr
01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
No words to say, he´s the best driver ever. I say this not just because i´m his fellow countryman, but because he is just the Best. Numbers don´t say who is the best. Driving say.

Senna forever. Rest in peace.

:(

levensnevel
01-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Well it seems NGC aired the '2001' version.
Just read 2 more or less related articles
http://www.pitpass.com/news2/news.cfm?newsid=8395
http://www.f1central.net/news/1074549379.html?PHPSESSID=38f6fcac3773712698b700a2 f72df925
Interesting :fadein:

ice
01-30-2004, 05:07 PM
A lot of people on this board sure talk like idiots. To say Senna was that much better is ignoring absolutely everythign that actually happened. Do not forget either that Senna also had the best car every time he won. And the year he didnt have the best car, the season of his tragic death, he hadnt won a single race. People will spout out their conspiracy theories about Beneton, but thats mostly sci-fi. MS has done what hes had to do to be claimed one of the best, equal or greater then Senna. Senna was magical, yes, but MS has the focus, concentration, consistancy and technical know how to more then make up for that mystique. Not to mention he has just as much capability in wet. Was it not MS that in his first F1 race qualified ahead of his experienced teamate and was running in 3rd when the car broke down?