http://drift.hotrodhomepage.com/videos/test_day_1.mov

ENJOY :D

RC45
08-26-2005, 09:33 AM
What a waste.

Now they have dragged old musclecars into this stupid drifting crap. :(

pagani
09-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I like drifting it takes some skill to hold a 400+ bhp car sideways and hold it sideways all the way.
And i think this the perfect chance for your americans to prove that american can corner just as good as any japanese or european car.
:o :D :idea: :!: :wink:

jereomen
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Drifting is the slowest way possible to go around a turn. It has nothing to do with cornering ability :roll:

RC45
09-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I like drifting it takes some skill to hold a 400+ bhp car sideways and hold it sideways all the way.
And i think this the perfect chance for your americans to prove that american can corner just as good as any japanese or european car.
:o :D :idea: :!: :wink:

I take it you drive a lot of 400hp cars then?

nthfinity
09-02-2005, 07:17 PM
so, this is why you tried to drag in the drifting crap in the motorsport section?

RC45
09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Yessir it is :)

pagani
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I have never driven a car all my life but i kown my car stuff.
And most people on this board don't own or drive high power cars.
:D :)

RC45
09-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I have never driven a car all my life but i kown my car stuff.
And most people on this board don't own or drive high power cars.

Really?

What made you think that?

But back to the first part of your comment - "I have never driven a car all my life but i kown my car stuff. " I have a special reply (borrowed from I forget where... ;))

I am trying to see this from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass :lol:

:P ;)

pagani
09-05-2005, 11:55 AM
To expensive cars to keep running and buy.
And you need a certain degree of driving skil to drive such cars.

Cockrocket
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Drifting takes a llot of skill and in my humble european opinion it is fantastic sport and is one of the few motorsports which woule be worth going to see at the track just as much as on TV. Drag racing is just plain boring, all that matters is big power..end of..with drifting power is not realy a factor, but the driver is actualy the biggest part in the equation which is unique in todays motorsporting events.

I understand however, a recently released film with the name fast and the furious tokyo drift wil put many people off the idea of drifting at all. What you have to remember is that, it is a film and not realistic one bit and kids in tokyo do not have the ability to do such driving. Also nearly all the cars in the film are just show cases for japanense tuners like Veilside and are not able to drift particularly well!

Anyway back to the topic..only 1 video stil works is it possible to rehost the vids. While i love drifting and trying to learn more and more about it everyday, it is only just becoming widely known and videos of D1 drifting are hard to come by. Must admit though, i prefer the american drifting cars to the japanese ones!!

EDIT: Just watched the video which works and that is not what the drifting championships are actualy like if anyone cares to know. D1 have specificaly designed tracks and travel anywhere from 100 to 150mph while drifting. I do not have access to the vault but i am sure there wil be the video in there of the Top gear episode where richard hammod reviews the Manaro VXR and it includes some of the worlds top drifters showing there stuff!!....Now that is impressive!

coombsie66
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Oh for fucks sake, not another 'drifting' debate.
The level of 'skill' drifting requires TOTALLY and UTTERLY depends on the car and its setup!!
I can tell you now, from experience that drifting a stock E36 M3 EVO is fucking difficult to do well and requires a LOT of skill (and in an E39 M5 is easier), but ive seen many videos of guys going so sideways in M3's that there MUST be setup changes in the car (spool diff, stiffer spring rates, massive negative camber on the rear, more castor, fucking stiff anti roll bars etc etc) you can make ANY rear wheel drive into a 'drift machine'. Its fucking easy just give it no grip at the rear and lots of steering lock!!!!

I agree that the drift scene whereby the cars are impossible to drive round a corner in any way other than sideways (got followed home by a guy from silverstone in a 200sx with solid diff etc, was impossible to drive out of junctions etc without getting sideways!) is pretty shit. Some of the guys who take it to extreme levels is impressive to me, being sideways all the way round a track is quite impressive, but it TOTALLY depends on the car and its setup.

Drifting CAN require immense skill, for instance parabolica at Monza in one of the old turbo F1 cars, but it can be a piece of piss.
I just cant deal with this pigeon holeing of cars going sideways as 'drifting'. Just like every tuned japanese car became rice.

Driving some cars sideways in a controlled manor DOES require skill, and is a lot of fun!! Its totally pointless, but a lot of fun!! 8) :wink: :P