PDA

View Full Version : Day in the life Texas Longtubes...

RC45
08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4033/texaslongtubes9ls.jpg

Well - I had to do MTI's work justice - and spent yesterday beatin on the loud pedal up and down the east Texas countryside.

Here are the results:

:arrow: http://media.rc45.net/media/TexasLongTubes.zip

nthfinity
08-06-2005, 11:35 PM
pretty baddass headers you have there, RC... what do the stock headers look like for comparison??

EDIT:
ok i just watched this, and this is by far 100x better sound then any of your other computer generated videos :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!

by the way, you looked a little nervous entering those high-speed right hand sweepers :shock:

thanks, and any more MTI upgrades planned, i know you spoke once of a 383 stroker?

good show :)

antonioledesma
08-07-2005, 12:03 AM
you sure like to make some noise. I'll have to remove all of the exhaust pipe of my corsa to match your dB :mrgreen:

RC45
08-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah - it had just rained, and the inside lane of those 3 turns is always slippery - that simulated day was no different. Tail gets real twitchy in the wet.

RC45
08-07-2005, 01:21 PM
However, having grown up aournd canyons and twisties I can vouch that the downside to those kind of scenarious is that you mever get a chance to just wind it open for mile after mile.. ;)

The upside is of course you get to run Alpine switchbacks a half hour from you home :)

ZfrkS62
08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Jumpin Jehosephat that thing sounds sweet :D

How do you have your camera mounted though? The small section i could see in the rearview looks like a little attatchment to your hat or something but i couldn't make it out well enough to see any detail.

666fast
08-07-2005, 05:26 PM
How do you have your camera mounted though?

Seems he taped it to his head! LOL

Sounds awesome RC!

RC45
08-07-2005, 05:54 PM
^^ Yes - it is my prototype "baseball cap cam" ;)

That was with just the head band - I have now worked it into a ball cap, and changed the camera height to my eye height.

I have given up on the motorized panhead idea because you cannot get quick enough movement - so I figured "helmet/head cam" will be the answer.

:)

p.s. the microphone is buried in the center console to cut out wind noise, I would like to have an open mic as the sound is a little less deep and more raspy in the open.

ZfrkS62
08-07-2005, 06:37 PM
^^ Yes - it is my prototype "baseball cap cam" ;)

That was with just the head band - I have now worked it into a ball cap, and changed the camera height to my eye height.

I have given up on the motorized panhead idea because you cannot get quick enough movement - so I figured "helmet/head cam" will be the answer.

:)

p.s. the microphone is buried in the center console to cut out wind noise, I would like to have an open mic as the sound is a little less deep and more raspy in the open.

Have you tried sticking it by the rear hatch on the floor? might get a better result sticking it right above the mufflers :bah:

RC45
08-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Cabin wind-noise is a huge issue - I always drive with both windows down unless rain is actually coming in the windows.

And anything attached to or in or near the cabin floor will catch more low frequency vibrations and reverbs than pure auditory assault.. ;)

I have tried great big microphone foam baffles - but the best result is a tennis ball size foam baffle on the mini-microphone of the bulletcam.

So the recording source is not exactly a super-duper-high-fidelity unit ;)

and p.s. - we don't have hatches - hatches are for minivan's station wagons and VW Golf's... and hair-dresser coupes... :P - us FRC drivers have bonafide TRUNKS... :) ;) heheh

and p.p.s. -I don't run no stinking "mufflers"... ;) - headers, cats, and 2 1/2" pipes the whole way... :twisted:

ZfrkS62
08-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Cabin wind-noise is a huge issue - I always drive with both windows down unless rain is actually coming in the windows.

And anything attached to or in or near the cabin floor will catch more low frequency vibrations and reverbs than pure auditory assault..

logically that was my idea as i am not a sound engineer :wink:

and p.s. - we don't have hatches - hatches are for minivan's station wagons and VW Golf's... and hair-dresser coupes... - us FRC drivers have bonafide TRUNKS...

It's a glass lid help up by gas shocks. By definition, that is a hatch :P :mrgreen: On vans, wagons and suvs it is a tailgate :P a trunk is a solid lid with no way of looking into the compartment :P :mrgreen:

and p.p.s. -I don't run no stinking "mufflers"... - headers, cats, and 2 1/2" pipes the whole way...

:bah: most vette kits have mufflers, but i guess you're after noise ordinance violations as well as speeding tickets :lol:

RC45
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
We FRC driver don't have no stinkin "glass lids help by gas shocks..." - those are for station wagons, mini-vans and VW Golf's - and hair-dresser coupes... :P

Us FRC drivers have bonafide trunks... :) as in "a solid lid with no way of looking into the compartment" :P ;)

Mufflers are for pooftas... :D

ZfrkS62
08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Mufflers are for pooftas...

:mrgreen: Tell that to california :wink:

RC45
08-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Mufflers are for pooftas...

:mrgreen: Tell that to california :wink:

:fist: Kalifornia... ;)

RC45
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Im not a Autobahn stormer at heart.....but then again Im not the owner of a non handler like you...... :P :wink: j/k...

I said I was joking.....

damn man listen to me, I said it was a joke..... :wink:

I am surprised you never zero'd in on the fact that greasy banked a 90 degree right hand sweeper at 60mph in the wet had the tail wanting to step out as proof the plastic bathtub is a non hamdler.. :P