PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona: places to visit?

draak666
08-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi all,

In about a week and a half I'm off to Barcelona for 5 days. Are there any (local) people at JW who can suggest some interesting places to visit during the day? Cool shops to drop by, nice bars to hang out and entertaining night clubs to go to (plus location/street info)?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! :D

ARMAN
08-18-2005, 07:12 PM
- Dani's house :mrgreen:

08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I love Park Güell. Itīs the prettiest place Iīve been inside a city. Itīs amazing. Gaudi had an incredible imagination. :wink:

draak666
08-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, I'm back allready. :D I only went for four days, so unfortunately there's was't time for everything. We did see all Gaudi's creations and Parc Guell was indeed the most enjoyable place in the city. Wish I could hang around there more often. Gaudi's work is very impressive. It's a pitty that there aren't any current architects that design such wild buildings.

We rented an appartment near the Ramblas, so we were right in the center of the old city. I have to say it's a beautifull city. A lot of cool bars. I must get back to check 'm all out.

Only negative aspect was that my friend's wallet got stolen after only two hours in the city. :cry: Luckily we found it back with all the papers and bankcard still in it. The cash was gone, though. My advise for future tourists is to watch out for little Romanian girls. We're sure that they stole it, but we, nor the police can do anything about it...

dropot2
08-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Only negative aspect was that my friend's wallet got stolen after only two hours in the city. :cry:

Why I'm not surprised? :roll: I'm sorry for you... :|

draak666
08-25-2005, 07:09 AM
The problem is that you're never at ease when you constantly have to check your wallet, keys, mobile phone, camera... But then again, this is a constant worry for every tourist in any city.

Anyway, don't let this put anybody off. Barcelona is a great place to stroll around in, with many interesting sightings! 8)

ARMAN
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Same things happens in Prague, good thing you have the rest back, here you would loose everything from the wallet, wallet including :mrgreen:

Must be great to visit Barcelona :P Was it hot?... the weather I mean :)

topgeartom
08-25-2005, 03:52 PM
LOL, i was in barcelona yesterday! Lovely city. Had i had my brain in gear, we could have had another JW meet up, and shook hands with dani!

It was my first visit to Barcelona, and i only came away with positives. Lovely views, very clean and of course the madness of Gaudi.

pzgren
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
is the mare magnum still there? it's some years ago since i've been there but it was biiiiig fun there :D

ARMAN
08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Had i had my brain in gear, we could have had another JW meet up, and shook hands with dani!

:| thats a shame

pzgren
08-26-2005, 02:51 AM
oh, that's sad to hear but anyway, there are a lot of other nice places to go in this city - thx dani_d_mas

draak666
08-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Was it hot?... the weather I mean :)
Not really. A mild 25° C. Which normally is perfect. Nevertheless, I was looking for a place to compensate for the bad Belgian weather in August. So I would have preferred 35°. :twisted:

Still, I cannot complain if you look at the fires in PT and the floods in central Europe.

ARMAN
08-26-2005, 05:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

draak666
08-27-2005, 02:47 PM
dani, I'm gonna learn some Spanish and I'm moving to Barcelona! :mrgreen: