PDA

View Full Version : What is the most 'shocking' film you have seen....

jon_s
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
By shocking, I mean a film that lingers in your thoughts for days and pops up from time to time in your mind. It can be any genre of film, it just has to be one which made a poinient imapct on you.

For me it was "Kids" direceted by Larry Clark.

There are some comments at the bottom:
Kids [DVD] [1995]: Amazon.co.uk: Leo Fitzpatrick, Justin Pierce, Chloë Sevigny, Sarah Henderson, Joseph Chan, Johnathan Staci Kim, Adriane Brown, Sajan Bhagat, Billy Valdes, Billy Waldeman, Javier Nunez, Luis Núñez, Larry Clark, Cary Woods, Cathy Konrad, Christine Vachon, Gus Van Sant, Harmony Korine, Jim Lewis: Film & TV

JiggaStyles09
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i would say requiem for a dream. it was a really depressing but good movie. it lingered with me for a little while.

jon_s
08-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Interesting; I have yet to see it. I take it you mean:

Requiem for a Dream [DVD] [2001]: Amazon.co.uk: Ellen Burstyn, Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans, Christopher McDonald, Louise Lasser, Marcia Jean Kurtz, Janet Sarno, Suzanne Shepherd, Joanne Gordon, Charlotte Aronofsky, Mark Margolis, Darren Aronofsky, Ann Ruark, Beau Flynn, Ben Barenholtz, Eric Watson, Jonah Smith, Hubert Selby Jr.: Film & TV

I shall have to watch it!

Toronto
08-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Kids wasn't that 'shocking' to me?
just a movie about STD's?

I think a movie that makes you think b4 you go to bed everynight is more 'shocking' but I can't think of one that has done that in a long time... I will try to think harder

TT
08-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Shocking as for scary, for sure Event Horizon, but reading the definition given in the first post, I think I could say Le Grand Bleu

abbor
08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I must say City of God, a movie about kids growing up in a violent part of Rio de Janeiro... At least, that's the only one I can think of now..
I recommend everyone to see it, it's a very good movie..

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/4492/43m3eh.jpg (http://imdb.com/title/tt0317248/)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0317248/

kjekki
08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
city of god is not that good IMO
but requiem of a dream i agree is really good.. probably one of the most shocking,
als very bad things or what it's called, with cameron diaz is really shocking, not because it has controversal content, but if you have seen it you'll understand.. first time i saw it i expected someting completly different, so then i was a bit shocked

abbor
08-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, I've changed my mind, Requiem for a Dream is much more shocking, and makes you think more...

666fast
08-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, I've changed my mind, Requiem for a Dream is much more shocking, and makes you think more...

I hated it. 2 hours of some jackass fuckups throwing their lives away.

I can't honestly think fo a movie that was truly shocking. I'll have to come back when I think of one! LOL

black_magician
08-03-2005, 10:54 PM
what about cannibal Holocaust www.cannibalholocaust.net ?

Shocking, gross, nasty.... all rolled into one.

ZfrkS62
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
i can't think of one either. I guess Schindler's List was the closest i've come to being shocked..if not that then Saving Private Ryan :bah: but those are pretty low grade if you ask me.

Toronto
08-03-2005, 11:16 PM

I remember that movie, it is really old... like from the 80's I think i saw it when I was in like grade 8 or first year of highschool... kinda like an early blair witch type of movie, but me and my friends only watched it because it was like the most banned movie ever :P,

black_magician
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
me and my friends only watched it because it was like the most banned movie ever :P,

exact same reason why I saw it :D

Overmind
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
The Pacifier (yes I have seen that one :( ) and 2 Fast 2 Furious are the movies that left me in shock and horror ...

sameerrao
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
A few films that made me think for a couple days ...

- One flew over the cuckoo's nest
- All Quiet on the Western Front - a great anti-war war movie
- Le Mans (the v12 engine were running in my mind :) )
- A Clockwork Orange - good movie on social conditioning

RAMMIUS
08-08-2005, 09:15 AM

Holly shit man , those fuckers should be exterminated :fist:

Ian_yamaue
08-08-2005, 10:22 AM
The Pacifier (yes I have seen that one :( ) and 2 Fast 2 Furious are the movies that left me in shock and horror ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You have two serious shocking ones...

But for me it were the "Day after" and "Irreversible"