PDA

View Full Version : I just went and picked up a copy of Sin City baby!

T-Bird
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Well some of you might know that Sin City isn't being released until August 16th but I just picked it up tonight.

This movie is awesome if you haven't seen it you better check it out in 2 weeks and if you have seen it I'm sure you will see it again.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5018/dsc030219sq.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc030219sq.jpg) http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6013/dsc030231tv.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc030231tv.jpg)

antonioledesma
08-02-2005, 12:05 AM
damn...you already have the dvd and I haven't seen it yet :|
Last week was the launch here in mexico in the cinema

T-Bird
08-02-2005, 02:22 AM
yeah and I just finished watching it 5 minutes ago I love this movie some very hot women in it and a few nice cars aswell but the violence is over the top and the cinematography is amazing.

what sucks is that I know we will have people bitching to us about it being in Black and White and I'll just say that's how it was made eventhough I want to say Shut the Fuck up and watch the fucking movie! but that would be unprofessional. Just like the person that tried to tell me she saw Passion of the Christ in the theatres in English and she was adament about, all I wanted to do is say shut the fuck up you dumb bitch the movie never was in English and probably won't ever be. Oh the joys of working at a video store. People still can't grasp the overwhelming concept of NO LATE FEES!

Sorry about the rant but it pisses me off sometimes dealing with such dumb asses that think they know more about your companies policies than you do or they know everything and I'm some dumb slacker kid. If you've ever seen a movie with a video store worker or music store worker you would know we know more than you. (that last part was a joke)

T-Bird
08-02-2005, 02:32 AM
well considering I work at Blockbuster we get everything in atleast 2 weeks early even games at times that's the only reason I still work there and probably will 1-2 days a week once I get a real job. The idea is that we can become familiar with the products before they are released so that we can give our opinions on it and tell parents if it's ok for their kids like this one definitely is NOT. what's more fun is when people see us with the movies and go all apeshit asking if they can have it aswell.

Chaos in 1983!
08-02-2005, 02:40 AM
I saw it already, it is a kickass movie, I loved the black/white cartoonish look mixed with bright reds, it makes a dark and sort of depressing combination that fits the movie just right, as T-Bird already pointed out, the violence is over the top, just awesome...cinematography is spectacular, the cast is also impressive...jessica alba is to die for :drool: ...one thing though I just can't get through my head is that cute chick from Gilmore Girls playing a hooker...she looks way to inocent.

I will see this movie again...I loved it, by far one of the best comic adaptation movies of all times...

sheruken
08-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Seen it thrice already, will also buy the DVD when its out!
The Movie is "Bloody Artistically Fantastic"!
Amazing Punch Lines! Brilliant Babes! Awesome Stuff!

stracing
08-02-2005, 06:13 AM
damn that flick came out kinda fast on dvd, usually that only happens to bad flicks.

movies are coming out fast on dvd because not a lot of ppl are going to cinemas lately. with the current prices for home theatres, ppl usually buy or hire movies and watch it at home. thats according to stats made over here.

but for me, i still say nothing beat going to the cinemas

zondaland
08-02-2005, 06:28 AM
I also think that the rise in online piracy of videos would lead them to bring out an official version on DVD sooner, after all if everyone already has it why would anyone buy the DVD?

T-Bird
08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
you would be suprised at the overwhelming amount of people that rent movies let alone buy them on any given night at work we make between $4-5 thousand USD and on a Friday or Saturday at peek times of the year you could double that easily. Now at $4 USD per title that's alot of business.

antonioledesma
08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Now that everyone at last is saying that movie is excellent...you must read the comic book!! :mrgreen:
it's great...and again if someone wants I could scan it

Minacious
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I too have the DVD. Well a copy of the DVD at least. :wink:

pharzo
08-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Now that everyone at last is saying that movie is excellent...you must read the comic book!! :mrgreen:
it's great...and again if someone wants I could scan it

Since you so kindly scanned "V for Vendetta", which i didn't have copy of, i can scan "Sin City", which i do actually have a copy of :wink:

T-Bird
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Bootleg isn't the same as the actual thing though.

Minacious
08-02-2005, 07:41 PM

Bootleg isn't the same as the actual thing though.

True, but when it looks identical with all the menus, I can't complain.

zondaland
08-02-2005, 11:59 PM
you would be suprised at the overwhelming amount of people that rent movies let alone buy them on any given night at work we make between $4-5 thousand USD and on a Friday or Saturday at peek times of the year you could double that easily. Now at $4 USD per title that's alot of business.

A couple of weeks ago I was aware of Internet copies of the movie. While the majority of people still no doubt go through traditional video stores etc. I would feel that an increasing number of people are getting videos off the net. Although they are in avi format generally and anybody wanting to watch it on their TV would have some troubles, particularly when the quality of a movie that goes for close to two hours and is only 700mb is taken into account.

Although I must confess that I have absolutely no idea what tactics the movie industry are using to fight piracy, purely making stuff up, with any sort of luck it occasionally makes sense.

T-Bird
08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
well DVD's are getting increaingly harder to copy not impossible but almost not worth the effort most new DVD's will have a symbol on the back of the case near the rating that has 2 discs with an arrow in a red circle with a line through it which means it uses some sort of anti-copying.yes people get stuff off the net me included on occassion but I will still go out and buy the movie if I like them and I find it somewhat pointless for me to download crap when I have the access to the movies for free through work.

Anonymous
08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
well DVD's are getting increaingly harder to copy not impossible but almost not worth the effort most new DVD's will have a symbol on the back of the case near the rating that has 2 discs with an arrow in a red circle with a line through it which means it uses some sort of anti-copying.yes people get stuff off the net me included on occassion but I will still go out and buy the movie if I like them and I find it somewhat pointless for me to download crap when I have the access to the movies for free through work.

1 you are talking horseshit it is pretty damn easy still, 2 this is getting into the pirate territory aggggggggggggggggh! :P

stracing
08-03-2005, 09:32 AM
they are still very easy. i bought cd's from japan and they will have a marking letting you know that its copy protected. its seems all their efforts are pointless as most of the time i whack the disc into my cd-rom and start copying