PDA

View Full Version : Against all odds (1984) - featuring 308 and 911 chase

ARMAN
07-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Anyone seen it? Anyone have it? Probably not you but your mom :D Why I ask? Cause there is one of the nicest chases ever imo - Jeff Bridges in 911 cabrio vs James Woods in 308 GTS hurling down the Hollywood Boulevard in heavy traffic :P
I dont have it, just found 2 images but 5-6 years ago there was a video on the net riped from the tape I guess, I found later same page(there was lots of vids with Porsches from the movies) and mailed the owner if the file is available but the wife of his mailed me back that the owned of the site(memeber of Singapoure porsche club as I remebre) died and no files are left :(

http://www.imcdb.org/images/002/092.jpg

http://www.imcdb.org/images/002/547.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086859/

Ghostbat
07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah I remember this chase. So so movie but great chase and one of the stuntdriver was in his seventies when the chase was shot. Respect.

Unfortunately I don't have the chase but I want to join your request for it..

oscargarza88
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
dang! i want this soo bad!
case in fact my dad want to buy a 308! but i dont know anything about it, i like the 911 better so this is a perfect vid...
any comennts on who wins or which is a better car, etc?

ARMAN
07-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Its a chase, Woods driving as a pig in opposite lanes overtaking traffic and so and in the end Bridges almost crash his 911 :mrgreen:

pharzo
07-30-2005, 01:12 AM
mailed the owner if the file is available but the wife of his mailed me back that the owned of the site(memeber of Singapoure porsche club as I remebre) died and no files are left

:shock:

When i searched for it, all i got were some phil collins and mariah carey songs...

Sydbom
07-30-2005, 06:09 AM
well if you want it...buy it!
Amazon.com: Against All Odds (Special Edition): Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges, James Woods, Alex Karras, Jane Greer, Richard Widmark, Dorian Harewood, Swoosie Kurtz, Saul Rubinek, Pat Corley, Bill McKinney, Allen Williams, Sam Scarber, Jon St. Elwood, Tamara Stafford, Jonathan Terry, Paul Valentine, Ted White, Stone Bower, Mel Scott-Thomas, Barnetta McCarthy, Ginger LaBrie, David Dayan, Tom Kelly, Kid Creole, Adriana Kaegi, Cheryl Poirier, Taryn Hagey, Coati Mundi, Taylor Hackford: Movies & TV

when reading about the movie i can recall seeing the film on tv not so long ago, but i dont think i saw the whole movie since i cant remember a Porsche/ferrari car chase.

ARMAN
07-30-2005, 06:00 PM
:shock:

When i searched for it, all i got were some phil collins and mariah carey songs...
I know :lol: Thats why I post a topic if someone have it :wink:

@Sydbom - I dont have DVD player :(

@Insane - any chance you recorded it?

BTW I have it on VHS from TV almost from beginning... but... I dont have connectors to connect to PC and they dont sell them anymore :cry: + Woods and Bridges talks(screams at each other) in russian :lol:

ARMAN
09-01-2005, 07:22 PM
*bump* anyone found that DVD in your grandma's movie collection yet? :)

Can anyone from eanglish speaking countries borrow it maybe? I'll try to see if they have it here in english DVDrent shop but I doubt that I find it :?