PDA

View Full Version : dvds of airwolf, ateam, knightrider, magnum pi

graywolf624
07-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I've been purchasing these of late. Season 1 and 2 of all of the above except airwolf which is just season 1. Great quality video transfers but I just want to gripe, what is it with these shows and not producing any extras at all. Hell airwolf doesnt even have moving menus.

So I guess the topic for discussion, if you were making a dvd of these shows, or even some other 80s tv show.. What would you include as a dvd extra?

Ghostbat
07-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Personally I would include everything I could find. Intervies are always interesting as long as I don't have to hear the usual BS about how fantastic all the other actors are. Today when movies and series are made they make special documentaries and other material to feature on dvd:s. I guess in the 80:s no one even knew there would be a market like there is today, therefore they only produced the stuff that aired on TV.

BTW the recently released Miami Vice S01 includes quite alot of extra material. Even some newly produced documentaries.

graywolf624
07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
So I hear, too bad Ive never watched a miami vice episode in my life.

Would it be preferable to get period specific interviews, or rather get the actors now?

Skaala
08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Just finished watching season one of A-team and Magnum PI myself. Two of my all time favourite shows. Now I just have to get hold of season 2.